Author Topic: 2019 Calendar: Photo competition results  (Read 651 times)

Offline Lynda Bradford

2019 Calendar: Photo competition results
« on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:19 AM »
"QE2 Unique" is the first theme for the 2019 Calendar and what a fantastic range of photos that were submitted. 

Your winner is Hamburger's photo of QE2 doing what she was built for and what she did best "QE2 Cutting through the waves"

and it was another photo submitted by Hamburger "QE2 Beauty in the Dawn" that you choose as the runner up

A special mention is deserved for runners up in third place:

Davina's photo: "QE2 at Sea"

Cunarder Man's "My last turn on the Mersey"

A very fitting theme for September the month that we celebrated QE2s 50 years since her launch.

Thank-you to everyone who participated

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2017, 09:41 AM by Lynda Bradford »

I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Brandon Sterkel

Re: 2019 Calendar: Photo competition results
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:44 AM »
Congratulations to Hamburger and the two runner-ups. These are all wonderful photos! :)
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Fabulous photos, and well deserved winners. What a great collection to start off our 2019 (yes, already!) calendar!

The 2018 calendar is now available for sale, here :

https://www.theqe2story.com/2018Calendar/

Just click into the link alongside each version of the calendar, which will get you to the page where you can order them. I love the fact that, with the calendar, we can give a printed "home" to these wonderful prizewinning pictures.

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2017, 01:00 PM »
As we say in parts of Scotland "oh here!"

Cracking calendar once again which has two of my fave photos - "that bow shot" and that excellent shot of John Little's that I used at the end of the conference.

Order(s) will be placed!

Gav

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Brilliant photos as always. Well done!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Absolutely beautiful and powerful photos all !

Congratulations to Hamburger for the winning photo and for the runner up photo !  And congratulations to Davina and to Cunarder Man for the runner up photos in third place.

These are just spectacular photos of our beloved ship, QE2, in her element !

And many thanks for all of the other wonderful photos that were entered in this very special photo competition on the 50th Anniversary of QE2's launch !

:)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Trevor Casey

« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2017, 11:06 PM »
Inlove with all the photos. Just so beautiful. I chose “Cutting Through the Waves” and “Beauty in the Dawn”. I would have voted for them all, honestly.
"I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams."-Madonna

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2017, 06:32 PM »
it would as always be interesting to know where and when the photos were taken ?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2017, 09:39 AM »
Who would have thought that a theme like ropes for a photo competition would generate so many fantastic photos.  Well done to everyone who contributed. 

Congratulations to Hamburger, the winner of the September 2017 competition with his photo "Newcastle"

The runner up is Peter Hamill's photos "in detail" which not only captured the ropes but gives a lovely view of QE2's bow. 

As there were three photos tying for the runner up position until the last few days, I thought you would like to see the other photos that gained voters' interest. 

Cunarder Man's "Tight Rope"

and my own photo of QE2 on the stocks awaiting her launch "Ropes to the ready"

I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2017, 02:13 PM »
Congratulations to Hamburger for his spectacular photo of QE2 in Newcastle !  It is an amazing photo capturing QE2's majesty and strength against the forces of Nature !

And Congratulations to Peter Hamill for the runner up photo of "In Detail" which does indeed provide a fabulous view of QE2's beautiful bow and the ropes holding her fast !

Cunarder Man's "Tight Rope" and Lynda's "Ropes to the Ready" are wonderful in their own right as are all of the marvelous photos entered in the September 2017 competition.

Everyone's photos are a wonderful tribute to our beloved QE2 and each and every one defines her being in a unique way !

June   :)

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Quite appropriate that three photos were "tying" for runner up!

Congratulations to Hamburger with the dark sky making a nice contrast and to those who voted for mine.

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2017, 09:56 PM »
The October competition has ended, and we enjoyed the theme of the "Midnight Buffet and other photos of Food", many of them showing off the artistry of the kitchen crew at midnight and on other occasions.

Congratulations to Cunarder Man, with his "Little elephants at midnight", the strong leader this month.

We have three runners-up -- it was a close finish, with five others following close behind!

Cunardqueen's "A tart's desire" :

George Griffith's "Viking" :

Hugh Ritchie's "The reason we are here" :

Congratulations to all the photographers of this delicious food, and happy memories of those well-fed days!

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Thank you!
The ‘Little Elephants’ were part of the midnight buffet in the Columbia Restaurant in 1992 or 1993. They were quickly snapped up by hungry passengers who had just completed their dinner some 90 minutes earlier!
I always enjoyed the midnight buffets on QE2, suckling pig was a favourite too, again in the Columbia. Those were the days. Congratulations to all entrants and runners up.
John  :)

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2017, 10:31 PM »
Well done John
Thankyou :-* for the votes. A tarts desire, if l could live of a meal it would be a QE2 afternoon tea. This afernoon tea was in Greenock on QE2s final visit, l had been able to get my sister and parents onboard for the day. Naturally Afternoon tea was a must have, and l managed to get a close up of the fancies before they were demolished. Out of all my cruises on dear old QE2 l can safely say l rarely missed an Afternoon tea, beit in the Double room, Queens Room, the lido or once in a cabin     

hungry passengers who had just completed their dinner some 90 minutes earlier!   
Now John dont tell me you never visited the Midnight buffet after a delicious dinner and enjoyed some of what was on offer. l felt compelled to visit to ensure everything was ok, perhaps a little bit of this and a bit of that and before you know it your landed with a platefull of food, and a cuppa . it was always a nice way to end a QE2 night at sea. But l do think the glory days of the Columbia Buffets were special, those of us in Transatlantic class could enjoy the poshness of First Class ;)

Love these festive emotion things by the way.. ;D ;D ;D
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Congratulations to Cunarder Man for his photograph of the delectable elephants.  I can see how they would be snapped up immediately at the Midnight Buffet !

And Congratulations to runners up Cunardqueen's "A tart's desire", to George Griffith's "Viking", and to Hugh Ritchie's "The reason we are here" !

These are all magnificent photos and oh, so reminiscent of the wonderful meals and treats on QE2 !

And many thanks to each and every one who submitted photos to this competition !!  Each represents a special time on our beloved QE2 !

June   :)

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2017, 02:14 PM »
Well done all. Brings back great memories.

It's these things that made the QE2 experience so special.

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:20 PM »
Myles:

I never missed a midnight buffet  -  ever!

;D