Author Topic: 2019 Calendar: Photo competition results  (Read 21772 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

2019 Calendar: Photo competition results
« on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:19 AM »
"QE2 50 years Unique" is the first theme for the 2019 Calendar and what a fantastic range of photos that were submitted. 

Your August 2017 winner is Hamburger's photo of QE2 doing what she was built for and what she did best "QE2 Cutting through the waves"

and it was another photo submitted by Hamburger "QE2 Beauty in the Dawn" that you choose as the runner up

A special mention is deserved for runners up in third place:

Davina's photo: "QE2 at Sea"

Cunarder Man's "My last turn on the Mersey"

A very fitting theme for September the month that we celebrated QE2s 50 years since her launch.

Thank-you to everyone who participated

« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2021, 12:16 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Brandon Sterkel

Re: 2019 Calendar: Photo competition results
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:44 AM »
Congratulations to Hamburger and the two runner-ups. These are all wonderful photos! :)
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Fabulous photos, and well deserved winners. What a great collection to start off our 2019 (yes, already!) calendar!

The 2018 calendar is now available for sale, here :

https://www.theqe2story.com/2018Calendar/

Just click into the link alongside each version of the calendar, which will get you to the page where you can order them. I love the fact that, with the calendar, we can give a printed "home" to these wonderful prizewinning pictures.

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2017, 01:00 PM »
As we say in parts of Scotland "oh here!"

Cracking calendar once again which has two of my fave photos - "that bow shot" and that excellent shot of John Little's that I used at the end of the conference.

Order(s) will be placed!

Gav

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Brilliant photos as always. Well done!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Absolutely beautiful and powerful photos all !

Congratulations to Hamburger for the winning photo and for the runner up photo !  And congratulations to Davina and to Cunarder Man for the runner up photos in third place.

These are just spectacular photos of our beloved ship, QE2, in her element !

And many thanks for all of the other wonderful photos that were entered in this very special photo competition on the 50th Anniversary of QE2's launch !

:)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Trevor Harris

« Reply #6 on: Oct 03, 2017, 11:06 PM »
Inlove with all the photos. Just so beautiful. I chose “Cutting Through the Waves” and “Beauty in the Dawn”. I would have voted for them all, honestly.
Enjoyer of classic cinema, literature, and music.

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2017, 06:32 PM »
it would as always be interesting to know where and when the photos were taken ?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2017, 09:39 AM »
Who would have thought that a theme like ropes for a photo competition would generate so many fantastic photos.  Well done to everyone who contributed. 

Congratulations to Hamburger, the winner of the September 2017 competition with his photo "Newcastle"

The runner up is Peter Hamill's photos "in detail" which not only captured the ropes but gives a lovely view of QE2's bow. 

As there were three photos tying for the runner up position until the last few days, I thought you would like to see the other photos that gained voters' interest. 

Cunarder Man's "Tight Rope"

and my own photo of QE2 on the stocks awaiting her launch "Ropes to the ready"

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2017, 02:13 PM »
Congratulations to Hamburger for his spectacular photo of QE2 in Newcastle !  It is an amazing photo capturing QE2's majesty and strength against the forces of Nature !

And Congratulations to Peter Hamill for the runner up photo of "In Detail" which does indeed provide a fabulous view of QE2's beautiful bow and the ropes holding her fast !

Cunarder Man's "Tight Rope" and Lynda's "Ropes to the Ready" are wonderful in their own right as are all of the marvelous photos entered in the September 2017 competition.

Everyone's photos are a wonderful tribute to our beloved QE2 and each and every one defines her being in a unique way !

June   :)

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Quite appropriate that three photos were "tying" for runner up!

Congratulations to Hamburger with the dark sky making a nice contrast and to those who voted for mine.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2017, 09:56 PM »
The October competition has ended, and we enjoyed the theme of the "Midnight Buffet and other photos of Food", many of them showing off the artistry of the kitchen crew at midnight and on other occasions.

Congratulations to Cunarder Man, with his "Little elephants at midnight", the strong leader this month.

We have three runners-up -- it was a close finish, with five others following close behind!

Cunardqueen's "A tart's desire" :

George Griffith's "Viking" :

Hugh Ritchie's "The reason we are here" :

Congratulations to all the photographers of this delicious food, and happy memories of those well-fed days!

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Thank you!
The ‘Little Elephants’ were part of the midnight buffet in the Columbia Restaurant in 1992 or 1993. They were quickly snapped up by hungry passengers who had just completed their dinner some 90 minutes earlier!
I always enjoyed the midnight buffets on QE2, suckling pig was a favourite too, again in the Columbia. Those were the days. Congratulations to all entrants and runners up.
John  :)

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2017, 10:31 PM »
Well done John
Thankyou :-* for the votes. A tarts desire, if l could live of a meal it would be a QE2 afternoon tea. This afernoon tea was in Greenock on QE2s final visit, l had been able to get my sister and parents onboard for the day. Naturally Afternoon tea was a must have, and l managed to get a close up of the fancies before they were demolished. Out of all my cruises on dear old QE2 l can safely say l rarely missed an Afternoon tea, beit in the Double room, Queens Room, the lido or once in a cabin     

hungry passengers who had just completed their dinner some 90 minutes earlier!   
Now John dont tell me you never visited the Midnight buffet after a delicious dinner and enjoyed some of what was on offer. l felt compelled to visit to ensure everything was ok, perhaps a little bit of this and a bit of that and before you know it your landed with a platefull of food, and a cuppa . it was always a nice way to end a QE2 night at sea. But l do think the glory days of the Columbia Buffets were special, those of us in Transatlantic class could enjoy the poshness of First Class ;)

Love these festive emotion things by the way.. ;D ;D ;D

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Congratulations to Cunarder Man for his photograph of the delectable elephants.  I can see how they would be snapped up immediately at the Midnight Buffet !

And Congratulations to runners up Cunardqueen's "A tart's desire", to George Griffith's "Viking", and to Hugh Ritchie's "The reason we are here" !

These are all magnificent photos and oh, so reminiscent of the wonderful meals and treats on QE2 !

And many thanks to each and every one who submitted photos to this competition !!  Each represents a special time on our beloved QE2 !

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2017, 02:14 PM »
Well done all. Brings back great memories.

It's these things that made the QE2 experience so special.

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2017, 07:20 PM »
Myles:

I never missed a midnight buffet  -  ever!

;D

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2018, 12:14 PM »
The winner of the November 2017  competition is Pete Cain with his photo: "How many patches make a quilt"

Congratulations Pete!

Congratulations also to Rob Lightbody the runner up with his picture "Every dent tells a QE2 story"

Thank-you to everyone who uploaded photos and the members who voted and help to keep the memory of QE2 alive!
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2021, 02:44 PM by Lynda Bradford »
www.qe2event.com

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2018, 12:47 PM »
The winner of the November competition is Pete Cain with his photo: "How many patches make a quilt"

Congratulations Pete!

Congratulations also to Rob Lightbody the runner up with his picture "Every dent tells a QE2 story"

Thank-you to everyone who uploaded photos and the members who voted and help to keep the memory of QE2 alive!

Worthy winners - well done!
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2021, 02:45 PM by Lynda Bradford »

kevinh

« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2018, 05:53 PM »
Wow, 2018 just started and you guys are already working on the 2019 calendar?
(chuckles) Neat! :)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2018, 06:22 PM »
Congratulations to Pete Cain with his winning photo, "How many patches make a quilt" and Congratulations to Rob Lightbody for his runner up photo, Every dent tells a QE2 story" !

These are magnificent photos as are all the photos which were entered, showing our beloved QE2's bumped head, bruised elbow, and scraped knee !

Many thanks all !

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #21 on: Jan 04, 2018, 01:31 PM »
Well done Pete and Rob.
Great start to 2018.

Happy New Year and looking forward to another year of fantastic photos of the great ship.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #22 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Rob Lightbody's photo "Propellor shaft Bus Stop" is the winner of the December photo competition. 

The runner up was John Hobley's photo "At work down below"

Congratulations to Rob and John and thanks to both of them for submitting these photos that we would not otherwise have seen. 

Thank-you to all who submitted photos and everyone who voted. 
www.qe2event.com

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 started a dream to go to sea - now a reality!
« Reply #23 on: Feb 01, 2018, 08:59 PM »
Rob Lightbody's photo "Propellor shaft Bus Stop" is the winner of the December photo competition. 

The runner up was John Hobley's photo "At work down below"

Congratulations to Rob and John and thanks to both of them for submitting these photos that we would not otherwise have seen. 

Thank-you to all who submitted photos and everyone who voted.

Excellent photos!  ;D Congratulations Rob and John!
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

« Reply #24 on: Feb 01, 2018, 09:07 PM »
Great photos, congratulations to Rob and John!

They both come with a sense of humour too -- a bus stop by the propeller shaft!?!

And John with his colleague -- putting on a show for the photographer!

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #25 on: Feb 01, 2018, 10:16 PM »
Great pictures. Well done Rob and John.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #26 on: Feb 02, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Congratulations to Rob on the winning photo, "Propellor Shaft Bus Stop" and to John Hobley for the runner up photo, "At Work Down Below" !

Both are fabulous photos giving us a sense of down below in QE2.  Each and every photo submitted to the competition was a story in and of itself and many thanks to all who contributed their prize possession photos !   :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #27 on: Mar 04, 2018, 10:55 AM »
Congratulations to the winner of the January competition Master of the QE2 Captains and or First Officers is Isabelle Prondzynski with her picture "Nick Bates the Captain and his ship"

The runner up this month was Cunarder Man's photo "Captain Ian McNaught & Staff Captain Hamish Sunter"

Thank-you to everyone who entered photos and everyone who voted. 

The poll has been moved to the archived section but you should still be able to see the voting results. 
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,8143.0.html

www.qe2event.com

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #28 on: Mar 04, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Two great photos. Congratulations Isabelle and John.

I always like to think up captions when I submit my pictures and I think the one of Nick Bates would have been "I left it around here somewhere". Or perhaps "It's behind you!"

Looking forward to next year's calendar already.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #29 on: Mar 05, 2018, 01:04 AM »
Congratulations to Isabelle for the first place winning photo and to John for the runner up photo !  They are indeed wonderful photos !

Many thanks to all who submitted their very specials photos !  :)

« Reply #30 on: Mar 05, 2018, 05:59 AM »
Thank you very much for your kind votes and comments.

Nick Bates was actually talking with another passenger asking him to pose for a photo -- luckily, I got the better angle, with QE2 also in :) .

Great photo, John, of another two great Captains!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #31 on: Apr 02, 2018, 10:39 AM »
We knew that it would be a difficult choice voting for your three favourite pictures for the February competition " The view from a QE2 Tender" as there were a fantastic range of photos submitted. 

Thank-you to everyone who submitted photos and/or voted.

We have three photos in joint first place, thank-you and congratulations to our three winners!

Mother ship - Hamburger

QE2 in the fog  - Davina

Anchored in Corfu - Skilly 56

The results of the poll can be seen in the poll topic
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2018, 10:52 AM by Lynda Bradford »
www.qe2event.com

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #32 on: Apr 02, 2018, 12:14 PM »
Congratulations to the three winners. All great photos.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #33 on: Apr 02, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Congratulations to Hamburger, Davina, and Skilly 56 for being the joint first place winners in this competition.  The photos are magnificent !

And many thanks to all who submitted photos.  Each and every one is presenting our beloved QE2 in a very special way !   :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #34 on: Apr 03, 2018, 09:16 AM »
We also had two fabulous runner up pictures in the competition.  Congratulations to Rob Lightbody and Pete Hamil

Pete Hamil: I love the smell of diesel in the morning!

Rob Lightbody: QE2's fabulous profile from a tender
www.qe2event.com

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #35 on: Apr 03, 2018, 11:50 AM »
Thank you so much for re-posting these Lynda.
They are Both Superb!
You certainly can Smell the Diesel - the fact that they are now seemingly divorced from the water is so sad
and, so strange...
And Rob's lovely silhouette is a rare sight, both then and almost certainly, will never be seen without a backdrop ever again.
Rosie.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #36 on: Apr 03, 2018, 02:46 PM »
Congratulations to Pete and Rob for their fabulous runner up photos !  They are so very good as well !   :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Congratulations to Linda Bratcher the winner of the March Photo Competition - QE2 from a distance

Her excellent photo "QE2 in Bergen" was a clear winner capturing the imagination of the voters

Congratulation also to Hamburger the competition runner up with his photo

"In the wake of QM2" which is an image we would all love to see today

Thank-you to everyone who submitted the excellent photos and to everyone who voted. If you have any suggestions as to how we can encourage more people to participate by uploading photos or voting please contact the admin team.
www.qe2event.com

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Congratulations to Linda Bratcher the winner of the March Photo Competition - QE2 from a distance

Her excellent photo "QE2 in Bergen" was a clear winner capturing the imagination of the voters

Congratulation also to Hamburger the competition runner up with his photo

"In the wake of QM2" which is an image we would all love to see today

Thank-you to everyone who submitted the excellent photos and to everyone who voted. If you have any suggestions as to how we can encourage more people to participate by uploading photos or voting please contact the admin team.

Congratulations!  :)  QE2 in Bergen is very familiar and QE2 astern from QM2 also... we had the better view on the last tandem!
First sailed on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last sailed on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw the seagoing QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008. Visited QE2 in her new life, in Dubai, in January 2020 and August 2022.

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2018, 09:05 PM »
Wonderful pictures, both of them! Both a bit out of the ordinary and all the more remarkable for that.

QE2 snug within the houses of Bergen, but instantly recognisable for us here -- and her size is also instantly visible by comparison with the houses surrounding her. The picture makes one wonder how did she get to be there, in the middle of the city? Who picked her up and set her down among those houses?

And QE2 skimming through the Atlantic, so sure and so steady. The temptation would have been to zoom in and fill the picture with the ship. I love how Hamburger kept his distance and shows QE2 surrounded by her element. The fact that the sea and the sky are almost the same colour, enhances this effect.

Offline Trevor Harris

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2018, 01:56 AM »
Amazing photos and congrats!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Congratulations to Linda with her winning photo "QE2 in Bergen" !  I agree with Isabelle in that it is definitely a unique photo showing QE2's size and showing her snuggled in among the houses.

And congratulations to Hamburger for the runner up photo "In the wake of QM2".  Hamburger certainly captured QE2 in her element.  And those on QM2 certainly had the best view of the best ship in the world.

And many thanks to all who contributed the many wonderful photos of our beloved ship each and every one showing QE2 in a special way and with a special memory !

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 09:13 AM »
Congratulations. Both great photos.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #43 on: Jun 02, 2018, 10:10 AM »
Thanks to everyone who uploaded photos and voted in the April Photo Competition.  The poll is now closed and your winner is Rob Lightbody's photo:

Queen Room Ceiling

The runner up was Peter Hamill with his photo:

Champagne Bar

The competition gives us the opportunity to view some wonderful pictures to remember QE2 and keep her memory alive. 

Congratulations to our winners and thanks to all our members who support the competition  :)
www.qe2event.com

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #44 on: Jun 02, 2018, 03:54 PM »
Congratulations Rob and Pete! Particularly like seeing the Queens Room's lights with their multi-coloured plastic covers as they were from a technical point of view...wonder if they are LEDs now?

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #45 on: Jun 03, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Congratulations Rob and Pete! Particularly like seeing the Queens Room's lights with their multi-coloured plastic covers as they were from a technical point of view...wonder if they are LEDs now?

Thank you!  I wonder if the ceiling retains the ability to be multi-coloured (at the same time) and also a different colour at each end, which was nice.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #46 on: Jun 03, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Thank you!  I wonder if the ceiling retains the ability to be multi-coloured (at the same time) and also a different colour at each end, which was nice.

It seems to have retained the ability to be different "whole" colours (that are more pastel/water coloured/softer in type it seems compared to how they used to be which suggests LEDs) but I haven't seen it multi coloured within different sections in recent photos and videos.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #47 on: Jun 04, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Congratulations to Rob for being the winner with his photo of The Queen's Room Ceiling and Congratulations to Pete for being the runner up winner with his photo of The Champagne Bar !  Both are marvelous photos and if only both rooms could tell us their stories.

Every photo submitted is awesome and many thanks to all who entered their photos.  What a marvelous way to view and appreciate every aspect of our beloved QE2 !

:) :)

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #48 on: Jun 05, 2018, 02:25 PM »
Thanks Folks. It's amazing that not everyone who travelled on the ship knew about the One Deck Champagne bar. It was also a quick way into the Princess Grill up the spiral staircase. There was also a lift if I remember correctly.

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #49 on: Jun 05, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Thanks Folks. It's amazing that not everyone who travelled on the ship knew about the One Deck Champagne bar. It was also a quick way into the Princess Grill up the spiral staircase. There was also a lift if I remember correctly.

I wasn't aware of the One Deck Champagne Bar when onboard...only learning through this forum and Facebook in recent times...one never stops learning for sure! However, the Grills and related areas were always a bit of a mystery to me when onboard, as a "commoner" in QE2's hierarchy  ;) ;)

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #50 on: Jun 05, 2018, 09:05 PM »
  However, the Grills and related areas were always a bit of a mystery to me when onboard, as a "commoner" in QE2's hierarchy  ;) ;)

The better parties were always in steerage... ;) ;)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #51 on: Jul 02, 2018, 10:09 AM »
I hope the "Rough Weather" theme for the May competition did not make you feel seasick!  You could certainly feel the motion of the ship when looking at the photos There were some fantastic pictures entered and Dianne's photo was a worthy winner with her "Rough Seas" entry.

"Rough Seas" submitted by Dianne:

.....and we had two runner up photos:

"In her element" submitted by Barumfox:

and

"Sunrise" submitted by Hamburger:

Thank-you to everyone who submitted the excellent selection of photos and congratulation to the winner and runners up.
www.qe2event.com

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #52 on: Jul 02, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Dianne, that photo is awesome! Congratulations to you and the runners up.
Next years calendar is shaping up to be another great one.

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #53 on: Jul 02, 2018, 02:42 PM »
All excellent photos of QE2 in her element and doing what she did best (being a seagoing ship/ocean liner)! Congratulations  :)

Offline Michelle Pellay-Walker

« Reply #54 on: Jul 02, 2018, 03:52 PM »
Oh, wow--LOVE that picture of the Champagne Bar!!  I completely missed out on it on my first voyage, but Paul and I discovered it on our second, and spent a lovely hour there following the Flaam departure on 29 June 2008.

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #55 on: Jul 02, 2018, 04:32 PM »
Oh, wow--LOVE that picture of the Champagne Bar!!  I completely missed out on it on my first voyage, but Paul and I discovered it on our second, and spent a lovely hour there following the Flaam departure on 29 June 2008.

Hello Michelle, great to see you here!!!  :)  Welcome aboard!

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #56 on: Jul 02, 2018, 05:05 PM »
  Hello Michelle, great to see you here!!!  :)  Welcome aboard! 

Indeed , but you will have a lot of catching upto do
Have fun and welcome aboard

« Reply #57 on: Jul 02, 2018, 09:51 PM »
Hi, Myles!!  I'm looking forward to the process--nice to bump into you here!!  :-)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #58 on: Jul 03, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Congratulations to Dianne for the winning photo ! An awesome photo !

And congratulations to the runner up winners, Barumfox and Hamburger ! These too are just marvelous.

Many thanks to our winners and to all who contributed photos of QE2 doing her thing !

And welcome, Michelle !  More photos, please !   :)

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #59 on: Jul 04, 2018, 01:58 PM »

LED lighting (although harsh) in some cases allows for the actual light colour to be changed remotely - the lamps in the photo look of the PAR (Parabolic Aluminized Reflector) type which are available as an LED lamp. If they've installed that type then there is potential for the lighting configuration to be altered remotely.

Gav

« Reply #60 on: Jul 12, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, June!!  I have WAY too many photos--especially from the Norway trip (and not much time these days), but I'll do what I can--and try to stay away from the second-rate efforts!

Cheers,

Michelle  :-)
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2018, 09:24 PM by Michelle Pellay-Walker »

« Reply #61 on: Aug 01, 2018, 07:27 PM »
19 voters this month -- the poll has now closed.

Congratulations to Hamburger, whose photo 1991 westbound is so touching and attractive!

There are two runners-up both Cunarder Man's photos:

A "Little" to Port Captain

and "The perfect holiday"

What a great collection that was -- thank you to everyone who entered photos and voted.
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2018, 09:35 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Offline Trevor Harris

« Reply #62 on: Aug 01, 2018, 10:12 PM »
Congrats to the winners and the runner-up!

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #63 on: Aug 01, 2018, 10:13 PM »
Congratulations Hamburger and Cunarderman! :) I particularly liked the photo (Cunarderman's) taken on the port bridge wing.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #64 on: Aug 02, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Congratulations to Hamburger for his winning photo and to Cunarder Man for his two runner up photos !  These are marvelous photos indeed !

Many thanks to all who entered photos and to all who voted !  The photo competitions are a wonderful way to always have our beloved QE2 present in all the photos entered for each month's competition.  Even after voting, I come back to the photos time and again to enjoy them and our QE2 !

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #65 on: Sep 02, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Thank-you to everyone who participated in this month's photo competition.  There were some fantastic pictures of QE2 posted, which we hope you enjoyed viewing. 

Your winner this month is Hamburger's picture "immaculate Beauty" and what a stunning photo this is of the ship in dry dock. 

There are two runner up photos:

Thomas Hyper's picture "Doing what she did best (being a seagoing ship)"

and ...

Mel's photos" QE2 Pier 2 Honolulu Harbor"

There were so many wonderful photos that I am sure you will agree that they are all winners
www.qe2event.com

Online Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #66 on: Sep 02, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Congratulations, Hamburger and Mel! The photo of QE2's knife like prow in dry dock is very atmospheric and QE2 in Hawaii shows her off as a true Queen!

« Reply #67 on: Sep 02, 2018, 09:35 PM »
Congratulations to all three of you!

Just one more month to go, and I shall do my best to arrange as many as possible of these beautiful pictures in the 2019 calendar... a real pleasure awaiting us all :) .

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #68 on: Sep 03, 2018, 12:07 PM »
A picture is always worth a thousand words, but its always nice to know when how and where they were taken.
Well done as always to the winning photos.

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #69 on: Sep 03, 2018, 08:21 PM »
Three great photos. Congratulations all!

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #70 on: Sep 04, 2018, 01:24 PM »
Amazing photos all!!

But my fave is that dry dock one - jings comes to mind :)

That's what would be termed as a "fine entry" in more ways than one!!

Gav

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #71 on: Sep 04, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Congratulations to Hamburger for his winning photo, "Immaculate Beauty" !  It is suberb !

And Congratulations to Thomas for the runner up winner, "Doing what she did best (being a seagoing ship)" and Congratulations to Mel for the runner up winner, "QE2 Pier 2 Honolulu Harbor" !  Both are also suberb photos !

Each and every photo has a special story to tell and many thanks to all who contributed to our photo competition !   :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #72 on: Oct 01, 2018, 04:38 PM »
Looking up at QE2: I am absolutely delighted that my photo "looking up at a future Queen"was joint winner in the August competition, with Harev's excellent picture "Cleaning & painting funnel while docked in Auckland, New Zealand"

Thank-you to everyone who voted!

"Looking up at a future Queen":

"Cleaning & painting funnel while docked in Auckland, New Zealand":

Another beautiful picture of QE2 was the runner up:

Hamburger's photo "A little more than usual"

You can see the voting results now that the voting has finished. 
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #73 on: Oct 01, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Congratulations to our first place winners - Lynda with her superb photo, "Looking up at a future Queen" and Harev with his superb photo, "Cleaning & painting funnel while docked in Auckland, New Zealand".

Congratulations to runner up Hamburger with his superb photo, "A little more than usual".

And many thanks to all who contributed photos of our beloved QE2.  They are all magnificent and each tells a story of our ship !   :)

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #74 on: Oct 07, 2018, 05:59 PM »
Two great winners - and a great runner-up. Congratulations all.
It never fails to amaze me the fantastic photos that are lurking in peoples collections.