Author Topic: New Cunard ship for 2022  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Greg Rudd

Re: New Ship for 2022
« Reply #40 on: Sep 27, 2017, 12:29 AM »
Looks like life expectancy of plant on these things will cost 'the company' money after 15 years, so get rid. Bit like those lucky people who can change cars every 3 or so years just before a big bill has to be paid . As for tipping over, recon power failure in a heavy swell would do it nicely...plop...
The US railroads generally give their loco's a book life of 15 years (which is when major work like re-wiring and engine replacement becomes due) and that has been generally true for GE locomotives over the last 50+ years.  With that being said they are still quite a few 40+ year old SD40's on the books with the Class ones. Put it this way if you could run a 40+ year old SD40-2 in Europe it would still revolutionise the rail freight business in the EU. They were just that good!

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #41 on: Sep 27, 2017, 12:33 AM »
The US railroads generally give their loco's a book life of 15 years (which is when major work like re-wiring and engine replacement becomes due) and that has been generally true for GE locomotives over the last 50+ years.  With that being said they are still quite a few 40+ year old SD40's on the books with the Class ones. Put it this way if you could run a 40+ year old SD40-2 in Europe it would still revolutionise the rail freight business in the EU. They were just that good!

We have several hundred JT42 series locomotives running around in the UK and Europe...
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Thomas Hypher

Re: Just Guessing....(Cunard's new ship)
« Reply #42 on: Sep 27, 2017, 02:27 AM »
Hi Thomas,
Strictly speaking, the definition of a Liner is one that should include - a ship (vis.QM2 and QE2, as well as many ice-breakers) with a strengthened hull!
Do you know whether all the 'pinnacle' class ships have this - in particular, HAL's Koningsdam?
HAL term her as a Cruise Ship rather than an ocean-going Liner, and tbh, it's difficult to believe that the Cunard Shipping Line would use deception in their description of a Cruise ship!
All the best
Rosie

Hi Rosie,

The Pinnacle class ships are cruise ships through and through not ocean liners regardless of whether Cunard partly strengthen their one like they did with the two Vista sisters QV and QE. Just strengthening part of the hull does not make a cruise ship design an ocean liner - there are many other aspects that make a ship an ocean liner. Cunard are well versed in deceiving the uneducated masses these days - ever since QV was announced they started calling her a true Cunarder (normally an ocean liner, leading to the uneducated calling her such) and rinsed and repeated with QE and will also do so with this new “Queen” (which it will be to fit in with their marketing).

What’s more, Cunard has been nothing more than a brand since 1971 and in much more recent years it has been increasingly Carnivalised (standards of service, food quality, food variety etc dropping mainly since 2008 from personal experience - and I’m not fussy but notice these things) so they will continue to dilute the “Queen” name wherever possible despite not necessarily meaning to do so.

Regarding the Koningsdam, Holland America have no need to reinforce her since all they do these days is cruise - mainly around Alaska it seems.

Thomas
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008.

Offline Andy Holloway

« Reply #43 on: Sep 27, 2017, 01:10 PM »
It’s time to stop, regroup, and rethink the cruise ship industry. These new “vessels” look like they are about to flop over. It’s too much superstructure and less Hull. I swear one day these vessels will topple over. Glorified super condos.

From one so young AND A Naval Architect to boot!  Stephen Paine needs to look out he could be out of a job soon!!!  ;)

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #44 on: Sep 27, 2017, 01:27 PM »
I puked in my mouth. This one is worse than the others. I’d like it if she was named Aquitania..

I hope you are joking regarding that name Trevor!!! Aquitania was named The Ship Beautiful at the time - this fourth Cunard vessel could hardly be worthy of that name!

Not sure what they should call it though - however I think it will start with Q

Gav

Offline Trevor Casey

« Reply #45 on: Sep 27, 2017, 09:30 PM »
I hope you are joking regarding that name Trevor!!! Aquitania was named The Ship Beautiful at the time - this fourth Cunard vessel could hardly be worthy of that name!

Gav
ABOUT TIME SOMEONE GOT THE JOKE!  ;D ;D It’s gonna have Queen let’s face it.
"Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work"- Bette Davis

Offline cunardqueen

Re: New Cunard ship for 2022
« Reply #46 on: Sep 28, 2017, 04:27 PM »

Queer  :o
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Conay

« Reply #47 on: Sep 28, 2017, 05:07 PM »
My god the design is woeful. They've just taken the Queen Elizabeth and shoved a few extra decks on top. Shame they decided to build upon the Vista Class and not the QM2.

Offline Andy Holloway

« Reply #48 on: Sep 28, 2017, 06:30 PM »
My god the design is woeful. They've just taken the Queen Elizabeth and shoved a few extra decks on top. Shame they decided to build upon the Vista Class and not the QM2.

Nobody is going to spend the amount of money that Carnival[Micky Arison] spent on designing and building QM2, she was a 'one off' and was built to satisfy Micky Arison's ego and for Carnival to snub a nose at RCCL.

Michael will have the figures possibly but, i suspect that you could build 2 ships similar to QE & QV for what QM2 cost.

Regardless of what we think there is NO call for an 'Ocean Liner' anymore so why waste money building one? Carnival doesn't live in the past with romantic images of ladies in ball gowns, cocktails at 6pm and dancing under the stars to Mantovani. The number of people wanting that style of ship are so few you'd probably struggle to fill QM2 twice in a year.

We're not going to turn the clock back, however much we complain, so lets keep our memories and treasure them.

As an old friend of mine used to say, when people said to him about 'the good old days; "We used to have rickets and scurvy, but that doesn't mean it was right!"

Offline Bob van Leeuwen

« Reply #49 on: Sep 28, 2017, 06:53 PM »
Currently a lot of people hate on those ships just because they don't are enough like the past (the liners of yesterday), but fit a perfect business model that is fit for today. In the 1930's they scrapped the old liners because there business model was large immigration (Mauretania, Olympic for example), and they where replaced with vessels that where fit for a 1930's world.
If airline industry would not have been as large, or maybe not have been around the Queens where due for retired they would have been replaced with vessels that fit the business model of that time. Look at the Rotterdam, she was build at a time when everybody looked back, and the Nieuw Amsterdam as said that she was ugly, I have read some articles from that time, and it wasn't pretty. But in the end it all worked out because she was fit for a 1959 business model that worked for a long time.

It is sad, but that is just how it is. And I myself don't like the newly designed ships either, I personally hate the fact that HAL has a couple of vessels with great names from the past, stuck on modern cruise ships. But it sells beds for them, so in a way I'm glad that people actually look forward, see what is coming and build ship for the future, how ugly it might be.

Please note that these opions are my own, if any if you want to talk privately about them with me, feel fry to either PM or email me.

Offline Thomas Hypher

« Reply #50 on: Sep 29, 2017, 01:38 AM »
Nobody is going to spend the amount of money that Carnival[Micky Arison] spent on designing and building QM2, she was a 'one off' and was built to satisfy Micky Arison's ego and for Carnival to snub a nose at RCCL.

Michael will have the figures possibly but, i suspect that you could build 2 ships similar to QE & QV for what QM2 cost.

Regardless of what we think there is NO call for an 'Ocean Liner' anymore so why waste money building one? Carnival doesn't live in the past with romantic images of ladies in ball gowns, cocktails at 6pm and dancing under the stars to Mantovani. The number of people wanting that style of ship are so few you'd probably struggle to fill QM2 twice in a year.

We're not going to turn the clock back, however much we complain, so lets keep our memories and treasure them.

As an old friend of mine used to say, when people said to him about 'the good old days; "We used to have rickets and scurvy, but that doesn't mean it was right!"

I would argue that QM2 was also built as QE2 needed a replacement on the North Atlantic run sooner rather than later (certainly by 2004 when QM2 entered service).

From what I remember the QE and QV were roughly half the price of QM2 each ($350 million each instead of $700 million).

There is not enough demand on the North Atlantic for another Ocean Liner to accompany QM2. However I would argue that Cunard (under Carnival in particular) trade on their history and heritage more than ever, evidenced by formal nights still being upheld and the Captain's cocktail parties still going on, the past Cunard memorabilia found on all 3 current ships, and last but not least the heritage trails. The demand for a taste or essence of Cunard's past is still there otherwise Cunard would simply not cater for it (particularly with the accountants and bean pickers who control a lot these days).

Currently a lot of people hate on those ships just because they don't are enough like the past (the liners of yesterday), but fit a perfect business model that is fit for today. In the 1930's they scrapped the old liners because there business model was large immigration (Mauretania, Olympic for example), and they where replaced with vessels that where fit for a 1930's world.
If airline industry would not have been as large, or maybe not have been around the Queens where due for retired they would have been replaced with vessels that fit the business model of that time. Look at the Rotterdam, she was build at a time when everybody looked back, and the Nieuw Amsterdam as said that she was ugly, I have read some articles from that time, and it wasn't pretty. But in the end it all worked out because she was fit for a 1959 business model that worked for a long time.

It is sad, but that is just how it is. And I myself don't like the newly designed ships either, I personally hate the fact that HAL has a couple of vessels with great names from the past, stuck on modern cruise ships. But it sells beds for them, so in a way I'm glad that people actually look forward, see what is coming and build ship for the future, how ugly it might be.

Please note that these opions are my own, if any if you want to talk privately about them with me, feel fry to either PM or email me.

I suppose some of us (me included) hanker for ships that look like ships and not floating blocks of flats - would it really be so difficult for companies like Carnival to build somewhat unique ships (they don't because of the extra cost) instead of unimaginative mass produced cruise ships to hand out to its various brands (Cunard, Holland America, P&O etc.). Also, Cunard must be financially healthy to order a 4th ship so they must have money to spare.

This brings me on to the fact that Cunard's quality has dropped since at least 2008 and this is where some of the criticism comes from as the newer ships embody this - service not being as good partly due to waiting staff being reduced, menus lacking the variety they used to have, a smaller number of menus meaning one is much more likely to see the same one twice or more, smaller food portions, no dedicated chocolatier or confectionist anymore and a limited choice as a result and of lesser quality. They are still up there in quality, just not what they were. The accountants and bean counters have well and truly taken over as they attempt to reduce costs and maximise profits, reducing Cunard's quality as a by-product. Cunard has been well and truly "Carnivalised" in recent years. Finally the Cunard PR and marketing departments want us to think of the post QM2 ships as true Cunarders which is debatable to say the least for the reasons I've mentioned above (coincidentally an attempt to trade on their past yet again!).

Thomas
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2017, 01:41 AM by ThomasPixel »
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008.

Offline Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #51 on: Sep 29, 2017, 08:20 AM »
I think that is where I have a cue to link to this:

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?action=post;quote=65125;topic=1651.40;last_msg=65308

The point made then still stands today.

...and this thread from 2009 is where the above thought relates back to:

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,1283.0.html

It certainly could work - the sticking point would be the huge investment needed to actually try it, given that for any shipping line it would effectively be a leap into the unknown.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2017, 08:23 AM by Peter Mugridge »
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Michael Gallagher

« Reply #52 on: Sep 29, 2017, 06:20 PM »
It will be interesting to see what heritage is on the new ship - I suspect it may be none which may be a good or a bad thing.

Current management suggested the removal of Maritime Quest from QM2.

Offline QE2forever

• Advisor to TQS
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • Getting there was all the fun...
« Reply #53 on: Sep 30, 2017, 08:01 AM »
It will be interesting to see what heritage is on the new ship - I suspect it may be none which may be a good or a bad thing.

Current management suggested the removal of Maritime Quest from QM2.

I feel like I have noticed a tendency to ignore heritage lately. Reminds me of P&O Cruises (what a coincidence!) some time ago when they didn't want to hear or see anything related to their heritage, because someone at the marketing believed they would be seen as a company looking to the past and not the future. Classic marketing concern, as nowadays' worldwide obsession is being considered as innovative and high-tech.

However my humble opinion is that without the transatlantic service of QM2 and the company's heritage, the present Cunard brand is only an empty shell. From the communication side, I fail to imagine what substance could be found to go on promoting Cunard as different - and better - to any other line.

Perhaps a better thing would be to work on keeping a high standard. While I didn't notice anything wrong myself while on board QM2 recently, I heard quite a number of guests complaining that the Cunard quality was globally degrading year after year. In terms of image, this is much more harmful for Cunard than being considered as "turned to the past".

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #54 on: Sep 30, 2017, 08:34 AM »
Thinking about the Cunard Heritage Collections - On board Queen Victoria recently, it appeared that much of her genuine collection had been removed - in particular the collection behind glass in the Chart Room, and in the central alleyway on Deck 2 aft of the Queens Room.
On inquiring as to the whereabouts of items like the wonderful Chad Valley Queen Mary Deck plans, old models etc, we were informed (casually!) that 'things had gone to the archive, or been sold at auction'...
This still seems, at best, inappropriate; leaving New Ships with Old Names and little more...
If the Heritage items, original charts, pictures, posters etc disappear, and uniforms are changed on the new ships,
that too could be a "Bad Thing" for Cunard's Brand marketing.
Why the QE2's waiters' formal kit wasn't transferred, who knows? They were smart!
Mightn't Focus Groups have nothing other than food and hotel services etc to refer to?
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2017, 08:47 AM by Twynkle »
QE2 has been waiting alongside in Dubai for very nearly  whole years... she seriously needs to be earning her keep....

« Reply #55 on: Sep 30, 2017, 09:16 AM »
What Cunard management seem to forget or choose to ignore is that fact that a cruise is generally a good experience and that good experience can basically be had on any ship. I read great reviews about Thomson for example. A ship is a ship regardless of its livery and cruise lines need to identify the things that really do set them apart and capitalise on that in a way to differentiate them as different and attracts bookings. With Cunard that is its history and heritage and I firmly believe that Cunard has a history unlike any company. And it is that that can set Cunard apart as no other cruise line can match. Paying just lip service to its one true brand differenation is a mistake.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2017, 08:41 PM by Michael Gallagher »

Offline Bob van Leeuwen

« Reply #56 on: Sep 30, 2017, 12:36 PM »
I suppose some of us (me included) hanker for ships that look like ships and not floating blocks of flats - would it really be so difficult for companies like Carnival to build somewhat unique ships (they don't because of the extra cost) instead of unimaginative mass produced cruise ships to hand out to its various brands (Cunard, Holland America, P&O etc.). Also, Cunard must be financially healthy to order a 4th ship so they must have money to spare.This brings me on to the fact that Cunard's quality has dropped since at least 2008 and this is where some of the criticism comes from as the newer ships embody this - service not being as good partly due to waiting staff being reduced, menus lacking the variety they used to have, a smaller number of menus meaning one is much more likely to see the same one twice or more, smaller food portions, no dedicated chocolatier or confectionist anymore and a limited choice as a result and of lesser quality. They are still up there in quality, just not what they were. The accountants and bean counters have well and truly taken over as they attempt to reduce costs and maximise profits, reducing Cunard's quality as a by-product. Cunard has been well and truly "Carnivalised" in recent years. Finally the Cunard PR and marketing departments want us to think of the post QM2 ships as true Cunarders which is debatable to say the least for the reasons I've mentioned above (coincidentally an attempt to trade on their past yet again!).Thomas

To tell you the truth, I feel the same way about HAL, with them having had some beautiful ships in the past, one which is still with us, I did hope they would build something more that would go along with their history, and with that I don't mean to two ugly funnels the put on the sixth Rotterdam just to pretend them doing so.
But it has been part of the Carnival empire for almost 30 years now, and there is if you ask me, nothing left of what made it once a great Dutch company apart from the crew still coming from the Netherlands, just like what happened with Cunard. And it saddens me, but I thing that at this point it is sadly only something that we can accept.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2017, 09:03 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline Thomas Hypher

« Reply #57 on: Sep 30, 2017, 04:18 PM »
What you have all said since my last post, in my opinion, sums up the end of the Carnivalisation of Cunard that picked up pace in 2007/8 to present. Cunard has lost its uniqueness and it saddens me. It saddens me about the heritage collections too, it is an intended but not advisable choice from the current Cunard management who seem very out of touch.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2017, 04:19 PM by ThomasPixel »

« Reply #58 on: Sep 30, 2017, 08:46 PM »
20 years ago the Cunard Grills were probably the way to travel but Cunard rested on its laurels and hasn't invested in the Grill experience or made it value for money. You can travel on MSC and enjoy their Yacht Club or even NCL and enjoy their Haven. And enjoy a ship within a ship experience with more included. It surprises me that the 200 seat Grill rooms may have open sitting but you are assigned a table for the duration still. On ships carrying 400 passengers yiu can seat where yiu wNt and with who you want. And P&O and Princess can offer you that.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #59 on: Oct 09, 2017, 07:40 PM »
I just got this HAL advert in my e-mail.  Ship style look familiar ?

QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Bob van Leeuwen

« Reply #60 on: Oct 09, 2017, 07:42 PM »
I don't thing that I'm surprised, it will be a member of the Pinnacle class, with some extra plating added here and there, nothing more sadly.

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #61 on: Oct 10, 2017, 11:51 AM »
Speculations about her name can now start!  ;)

Whoever correctly guesses her name first in this topic, will win a prize from me when the name is officially announced.
Passionate about QE2 for 35 years.

Offline Andy Holloway

« Reply #62 on: Oct 10, 2017, 12:07 PM »
"Queeny McQueenFace"

Some overseas readers might like to look up 'Boaty McBoatface' to appreciate this fully!   :D

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #63 on: Oct 10, 2017, 06:17 PM »
"Queeny McQueenFace"

Andy, I would love you to win Rob's prize  ;D !

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #64 on: Oct 10, 2017, 06:40 PM »
Maybe if the ship design looks so much like a HAL ship, maybe it should have a HAL name !?!?!   ;D

« Reply #65 on: Oct 10, 2017, 06:53 PM »
If Cunard had any sense (!) they should name the ship Queen Elizabeth The Second as a tribute to The Queen and her reign and it would be the first ship actually named after her.

I know many will hate the name being a Queen but that is the Cunard 'thing' and something I don't agree with. I think the transatlantic flagship should always be a Queen and the others named using a recycled Cunard name but, for some reason, I don't think Mauretania or Aquitania should ever be used again but names like Carpathia, Caronia, Carmania, Laconia etc. They are easy names to remember, sound proud and appropriate and somehow inviting.

And I know many will probably think such an ugly ship does not deserve the name of The Queen but this is ship design today and is as shocking and appalling to us as QE2 was to the Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth diehards in the 1960s!

Offline Thomas Hypher

« Reply #66 on: Oct 11, 2017, 02:29 AM »
If Cunard had any sense (!) they should name the ship Queen Elizabeth The Second as a tribute to The Queen and her reign and it would be the first ship actually named after her.

I know many will hate the name being a Queen but that is the Cunard 'thing' and something I don't agree with. I think the transatlantic flagship should always be a Queen and the others named using a recycled Cunard name but, for some reason, I don't think Mauretania or Aquitania should ever be used again but names like Carpathia, Caronia, Carmania, Laconia etc. They are easy names to remember, sound proud and appropriate and somehow inviting.

And I know many will probably think such an ugly ship does not deserve the name of The Queen but this is ship design today and is as shocking and appalling to us as QE2 was to the Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth diehards in the 1960s!

I would argue that in 1969 the diehard fans of the old Queens knew they were getting another transatlantic liner (albeit dual purpose), however different her design was. My problem is that we’re getting a mere factory line produced, unimaginative cruise ship with the “Queen” prefix. It is a ship pretending to be what it is not, same with QE and QV. I however understand this is ship design and cruise industry economics these days.

Thomas

Offline Thomas Hypher

« Reply #67 on: Oct 11, 2017, 02:32 AM »
In regards to the new (cruise) ship’s name, I’m hedging my bets on “Queen Anne” - so is my Dad. However I think Michael’s suggestions would be much more appropriate but will never happen as Cunard is hell bent on diluting and overusing the “Queen” prefix.

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #68 on: Oct 11, 2017, 07:55 AM »
A QEII makes sense, but would cause lots of confusion with the other in service Elizabeth surely...?
Passionate about QE2 for 35 years.

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #69 on: Oct 11, 2017, 01:06 PM »
I just got this HAL advert in my e-mail.  Ship style look familiar ?

I recall Michael saying previously that Cunard get the HAL designs so I guess no surprise it'll be a Pinnacle Class design I suppose.

G

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #70 on: Oct 11, 2017, 02:50 PM »
For a name, how about  - The Cunard Queen   :)

« Reply #71 on: Oct 11, 2017, 06:34 PM »
I take Rob's point about possible confusion but professional marketing can get past that and for a time the Holland America fleet had a Nieuw Amsterdam and an Amsterdam in the fleet.

Queen Anne is probably next on the list if Cunard sticks to plan.

But what about 'Princess Charlotte' after the youngest child of William and Kate? That would guaranteed publicity, have a current relevance and almost guarantee a Royal Namer as Kate would perhaps be ohbliged to do the honours - or perhaps even Charlotte herself could do the honours on her seventh birthday in May 2022 with the ship expected in service that year it could be timed for the 2 May date which is also a significant anniversary date for QE2. Kate and / or Charlotte ticks all the PR press boxes. Job done.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #72 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:17 PM »
Queen Catherine - and she wouldn't be the first.....
Although maybe using this - Cunard might be accused of focusing (too much?) on the end of HM The Queens reign.

Therefore wouldn't the Princess Royal, Anne tick most of Cunard's several boxes?

Thinking too, about the inevitable abbreviations - as well as the prefix 'The'...QV's Vicky's not good - and The Lottie...??
Annie...? The Queen Kate could be OK...   
This ship's going to be Huge... Berengaria's better than Bertha isn't it?

Praying Very hard that the new "Pinnacle" won't be called Carnival Queen!
Come to think of it - maybe we should have a Maverick topic, 'The Names we Wouldn't choose'.
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2017, 09:29 PM by Twynkle »
QE2 has been waiting alongside in Dubai for very nearly  whole years... she seriously needs to be earning her keep....

Offline QE2forever

• Advisor to TQS
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • Getting there was all the fun...
« Reply #73 on: Oct 12, 2017, 06:57 AM »

It's likely, however I would dare say not all newer designs are as ugly as the Pinnacle class. IMHO, the Destiny Class' most recent evolutions that are Carnival Destiny and Costa Diadema are making a better use of curves and globally better balanced, looking much more graceful. Although I'm aware their technical specs and internal layout are probably not compatible with what would be required by a Cunarder, I could well see one of them in Cunard livery.

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #74 on: Oct 12, 2017, 11:09 AM »
I would like the ship to have a  Cunard ship name like Caronia or Carpathia.

If they want a royal connection then the Princess Charlotte could be an option.
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline pete cain

« Reply #75 on: Oct 12, 2017, 05:19 PM »
How about ' Dancing Queen' Rosie, get ABBA to christen it   8) cos that thing won't have an ounce of Royalty about it

« Reply #76 on: Oct 12, 2017, 05:40 PM »
Cunard couldn't afford ABBA!

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #77 on: Oct 12, 2017, 06:33 PM »
How about ' Dancing Queen' Rosie, get ABBA to christen it   8) cos that thing won't have an ounce of Royalty about it

YES, Pete, what Great thoughts you have. #Whyevernot?!

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #78 on: Oct 12, 2017, 08:02 PM »
If Cunard had any sense (!)   

... your asking a lot there.. :)

They missed a great chance with the HMS Queen Elizabeth..and Queen Elizabeth meeting nr Invergordon
Cunard Public relations, it just isnt what it used to be !
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #79 on: Oct 13, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Simply ‘Queen Elizabeth 3’

The Rise and Rise of Cunard (featuring QE2)

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Cunard

Replies: 1
Views: 972
Last post Nov 30, 2014, 09:12 PM
by June Ingram
Ocean Countess (ex Cunard Countess)

Started by Cruise_PrincessBoard Ships

Replies: 83
Views: 26820
Last post Oct 02, 2017, 07:26 AM
by Brandon Sterkel
My 2014 Experience of Cunard 2014