Author Topic: Cavalcade of Cabins  (Read 14894 times)

Offline Stowaway2k

Cavalcade of Cabins
« on: Feb 02, 2009, 01:57 AM »

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6303805gCn6fGWP

an afternoon romp, a new traditon on QE2 which began a couple years ago, and sadly cut short

This one is from January 2008, somewhere in the North Atlantic

Offline Andy F

Re: Cavalcade of Cabins
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2009, 02:09 AM »
Although I'd heard about such occasions, I'd not previously seen it until now!  Great film and thanks for sharing
Start every day with a smile and get it over with

Offline hollihedge

« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2009, 11:54 PM »
Excellent video - would have loved to do a cavalcade!!

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2009, 01:22 AM »
It's a super film, cheers me up every time I see it! And the music is so fitting too...  :D

We did a mini cavalcade in July 2008, just our Mauretania table together, five of us -- and it was quite amazing to see that each of us had a totally different cabin from the others.

All of them so lovely... Those 5 and 4 Deck cabins (as well as one 2 Deck mini inside cabin) were so full of character, I was really glad to have had the chance to see them, and to live in one of them, even if just for a 3-night cruise...

Offline Chris

« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2009, 05:43 AM »
Thanks for sharing!

I loved hearing the hum of the ship in the Mid-Ships Lobby!
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Offline Steve & Mark

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2010, 07:07 PM »
Great video and we are in it!! We were in cabin 4142.

Brings back great memories. Well done.

Thanks stowaway2k.

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2010, 11:10 PM »
A small group of 'Cunarders' were fortunate to enjoy the last ever Cavalcade of Cabins on QE2 en route to Dubai on her last day at sea. We visted three cabins, had tea served in one, and were finally entertained by Mrs McNaught in the Captain's cabin. History in the making and memories we all shall treasure.

Offline maggie maggot

« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2010, 02:27 AM »
Thanks Kyle again - some many faces so many memories.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2014, 08:56 PM »
I wonder how many of us had the pleasure of a cabin cavalcade? The one I participated in, was truly eye-opening, as there were so many different styles of cabins, even within our small group.

And if you have not yet watched the film at the top of this thread, please do so -- great enjoyment awaits you!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2014, 09:19 PM »
Thank you, Isabelle !  It is a wonderful film and documentary, and I thoroughly enjoyed it !  June
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Brandon Sterkel

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2015, 06:07 AM »
I really enjoy watching the videos on YouTube of the QE2 Cabin Cavalcades. It fascinates me that each cabin is different aboard the ship.
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2015, 07:22 PM »
On the QE2 farewell round UK and both final crossings l helped organise the cavalcades, fun they sure are, but what the other passenges make of a group of passengers hoarding round the ship is anyones guess, and try getting 30-40 into some of the MI grades on 5 deck, its a case of two in two out. And the cabin owner need to be told in advance so they can run ahead and open the cabin for viewing and then as the last person leaves, lock it up and join in the fun... some people went as far as to decorate the cabin or put on a mini display.

What is does show you is the vast range and type of cabins QE2 had and over  a short period of time even within each grade its surprising how much they can change, even size wise.I know from experience that the single cabins within each grade would vary not only in size but style. and when you booked a cruise you also tried to book a very specific cabin number.
They were usually organised on a sea day and then after lunch and all being well you were finished in time for afternoon tea, either in the Queens room or the Lido...our groups started from the Midships lobby and usually we were just heading off when Thomas appeared for the start of his heritage trail

Anyway iv attached some pictures taken from all three cavalcades on the Farewell trips....   

« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2015, 06:26 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2015, 07:26 PM »
some more from the Round UK trip

« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2015, 10:15 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #13 on: Apr 03, 2015, 07:35 PM »
The Cabin Cavalcade on QE2s Final Westbound crossing...

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2015, 09:23 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #14 on: Apr 03, 2015, 07:39 PM »
Marvelous, Myles, marvelous.  Thanks for posting these photos.  So sad to think now that our beloved QE2 sits alone so far away !   :'(
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !