Author Topic: Dress code for the Conference  (Read 1023 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Dress code for the Conference
« on: Sep 10, 2017, 06:50 PM »
I know we are not embarking on QE2 herself...

... and so I intend to come with just cabin baggage, as much as Ryanair will allow me.

Would I be OK to come with my jeans, a warm jumper and an even warmer coat? Will there be occasions when it would be advisable to wear something a bit more sophisticated?

Any advice welcome :) .

Offline Malcolm

Re: Dress code for the Conference
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2017, 08:23 PM »
I don't know what the weather will be like but I would suggest something both water and wind proof would be a good idea! :o

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2017, 08:59 PM »
I know we are not embarking on QE2 herself...

... and so I intend to come with just cabin baggage, as much as Ryanair will allow me.

Would I be OK to come with my jeans, a warm jumper and an even warmer coat? Will there be occasions when it would be advisable to wear something a bit more sophisticated?

Any advice welcome :) .

We want people to be comfortable at the conference.  It would be good if there was some QE2 memorabilia evident.  QE2 ties, scarves etc. and of course we hope everyone will be wearing the QE2 Story QE2 50 year badge. We think there will be a mix of how people want to dress. so we are not specifying a dress code. 

The weather has been a bit changeable over the past week and at times a bit cooler, especially in the evening.  As Malcolm has mentioned a waterproof would be advisable. Being Scottish,  I carry an umbrella at all times - except in Athens art the top of Acropolis when there was thunder and lightening and torrential rain, but that is another story. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2017, 08:50 AM »
According to the predictions from my computer, the weather will be cool (ca. 14 degrees) but dry, perhaps even sunny, on Friday and Saturday. This will determine what goes into my baggage.

So soon now! Excitement mounting...
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2017, 08:29 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2017, 10:52 AM »
Just plan for 4 seasons in one day and you won't go far wrong!!!
It's cool just now, so your plan for a warm jumper and coat will be fine - especially when going doon the watter on Saturday. Could be a bit breezy on the crane as well.

Offline Cabin 2066

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2017, 09:13 PM »
Lynda - I sent you a PM within the forum.

Cunard relax dress code

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Cunard

Replies: 26
Views: 19153
Last post Jan 30, 2018, 01:23 AM
by Trevor Harris
Officers' dress code

Started by riskygizmoBoard Cunard

Replies: 15
Views: 8987
Last post Jun 03, 2014, 07:24 PM
by Lynda Bradford