Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Glenn, Keeper of The Cunard Shrine in NYC  (Read 621 times)

Offline Glenn C Reimer

Glenn, Keeper of The Cunard Shrine in NYC
« on: Sep 10, 2017, 02:07 AM »
Greetings from New York City!
    I've been a liner aficionado most of my adult life. Dad was in the US Navy so always had a fascination with ships and maritime life. In 1983 I had the great fortune to stay onboard Hotel Queen Mary returning from a trip to New Zealand. That set off a life of collecting and learning as much as possible. Ebay ran its breakfast program for its campus off my Cunard purchases alone. And the used book store world sends me birthday cards every year.

My direct association began in 2002 when an opportunity came up to take a Crossing on the ship. Back then we still got free airfare one way! Remember that?! So to celebrate my 5th Anniversary I booked a flight TO London, followed by an amazing seven-day adventure that started in Soton, crossed The Channel overnight for a full day in Cherbourg w/an unbelievable Midnight departure with half the city out to see us off, then six days at sea up the St. Lawrence Seaway to Quebec City. Because we'd made great time we entered Quebec City a night early to witness the finals of the World Fireworks Festival competition. AMAZING!

Since then I've held her fondly in my heart, and added great pieces of ephemera to my collection. I'm thrilled to be attending with my dear friend and follow collector Janette McCutcheon, who's also a published author on Cunard, Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and our beloved QE2!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more!

Cheers,
     Glenn

trevorc

Re: Glenn, Keeper of The Cunard Shrine in NYC
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2017, 04:31 AM »
Hey Glenn! Welcome aboard to the QE2 story! Thanks for introducing yourself here! We have a wide variety of topics, all of which you learn something new.  As they say knowledge is power.  :) We have a team of moderators who would be more than happy to help you with various things! I hope you enjoy the forum!

Online Brandon Sterkel

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2017, 05:24 AM »
Hello Glenn and welcome to The QE2 Story! You have truly made it to the number one QE2 site on the web! Great to hear about your time spent on the ship! Looking forward to hearing more about your QE2 experience!
-Brandon
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Welcome aboard Glenn, great to have you hear, and great memories!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2017, 09:20 PM »
Hello Glenn

It was good to meet you last week at the conference, but sorry I did not have more time to talk to you.

Welcome to the forum, I am looking forward to hearing more about your collection of memorabilia

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Rod

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2017, 12:13 PM »
Welcome Glenn

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #6 on: Sep 29, 2017, 06:15 PM »
Hi Glenn -

Welcome to The QE2 Story Forum - the place to be for all things QE2.

I look forward to hearing more !  and seeing more photos !

June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !