Author Topic: Who's going?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Malcolm

Who's going?
« on: Aug 18, 2017, 09:31 PM »
I'm curious to know who we'll meet in Glasgow. Who's attending the conference, who's on the cruise, who's doing both?

Is it permitted for the organisers to publish a list of names and screen names?

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Who's going?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2017, 10:48 AM »
Hello Malcolm

There are a mix of forum members and non forum members attending the conference.

People who have worked on the building of the ship, ex crew who worked on the ship.  Passengers, authors, people with an interest in marine history.  People, like myself who grew up in Clydebank and was there when QE2 was being built.  People like BobC who was sailed on the ship as a child and has been a lifelong fan of the ship. 

We may be able to publish the list of who is going, I will discuss this with Gavin and John and see what they think. 

In the meantime it would be good if forum members who are going to the conference list their names on this topic.

« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2017, 09:41 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Malcolm

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2017, 08:30 PM »

In the meantime it would be good if forum members who are going to the conference list their names on this topic.

List of forum members conference delegates (add your name if you're attending the conference):

Lynda - that isn't a link - did you mean it to be?  Have I missed the thread you've started?  ???

If not and I'm just looking for something that wasn't intended I'm going. I'll be attending with my husband, Paul. We live in York. We're arriving in Glasgow on the Thursday and leaving on the Sunday morning. We're staying at the Carlton George.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2017, 09:42 PM »
Lynda - that isn't a link - did you mean it to be?  Have I missed the thread you've started?  ???

If not and I'm just looking for something that wasn't intended I'm going. I'll be attending with my husband, Paul. We live in York. We're arriving in Glasgow on the Thursday and leaving on the Sunday morning. We're staying at the Carlton George.

Sorry to confuse.  It was not a link, I was meaning people to add names to this topic. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2017, 10:44 PM »
I will be there, but conference only and not the pre- and post- events.  Literally doing a straight "out and back" trip from London on the Sleeper train Thursday night northbound, Friday night southbound.
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2017, 11:34 AM »
My wife and I will be attending the conference and the sail to John Browns and the crane.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2017, 04:28 PM »
I will be going to the conference and post-conference event as well as pre-conference get together (although there still remains the threat of a major system upgrade where I work).   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Robbo

« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2017, 02:56 PM »
I shall be going along with a couple of friends. Two of us will be attending the conference but all three of us shall be taking the boat trip on the Saturday. Wether I make it up the crane remains to be seen ...looks very high to me and I'm not a great one for heights ...lol
Looking forward to the event and meeting forum members