Author Topic: Computer Wallpaper Calendar  (Read 21095 times)

Online Pete Hamill

Re: Computer Wallpaper Calendar
« Reply #120 on: Sep 01, 2016, 07:59 AM »
In her element! The way she should be.

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #121 on: Sep 01, 2016, 09:59 AM »
This photo says it all - built for speed and with a bow designed for cutting through the water. 

We can only enjoy seeing these photos because of the forum and the photo competition. 
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #122 on: Sep 02, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Hi Alan -

Thank you very much for making this spectacular photo of our beloved QE2 available for us to use for our computer wallpaper.  Sheer power and ultimate elegance and beauty are so evident in this photo !  But that indeed was/is our QE2.  Your time and talents are very much appreciated as we have QE2 in view throughout the month.

June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
« Reply #123 on: Oct 01, 2016, 12:09 PM »
October wallpaper calendar ready for you as a free download.

I hope you will enjoy seeing her doing her usual trick of drawing a crowd wherever she went.

https://www.theqe2story.com/calendar/2016/index.htm
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2016, 12:27 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #124 on: Oct 01, 2016, 12:32 PM »
You certainly could ensure there would be a crowd when QE2 was in town. 

Thanks to Fraser Ballantyne for the photo and to Alan for setting up the computer wallpaper for us all to enjoy
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #125 on: Oct 03, 2016, 06:20 PM »
Thank you very much, Alan, for using your talents to make Fraser's marvelous photo available for us to use as our computer wallpaper for this month.  QE2 indeed was sure to draw a crowd !  And no wonder, with her beauty, excitement, power, and regal bearing !   :)

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #126 on: Oct 31, 2016, 08:01 PM »
November wallpaper calendar is ready for you as a free download.

Another cracker from Andreas Busecke to get those of us in the northern hemisphere in the mood for winter.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #127 on: Nov 01, 2016, 01:42 PM »
The November wallpaper calendar is truly awesome !  Thank you very much to Alan for using your time and talents to prepare this month's calendar for us and to Andreas for allowing the use of his photo for the November wallpaper calendar.  Andreas' photo captures so well the excitement of QE2, how the little one is entranced with QE2, and one can just "feel" the weather just by looking at the photo !   :)

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #128 on: Nov 30, 2016, 05:19 PM »
December desktop wallpaper calendar is ready for you as a free download.

Brrrr !!!  :D

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #129 on: Nov 30, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Hi Alan -

Thanks again very much for making a desktop wallpaper calendar available to us !

It is very much appreciated that you use your time and talents to create this wonderful QE2 wallpaper calendar each month !  And many thanks to Kyle Johnstone for allowing his photo to be used.

Brrrr is right and I am afraid that kind of weather is just around the corner !

What a wonderful way to start each day by firing up one's computer and greeting the day with QE2 !

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #130 on: Jan 18, 2017, 09:36 PM »
Many thanks to Alan Snelson for designing and making the QE2 wallpaper calendar available to us for so many months.  The wallpaper calendar is a wonderful way to be greeted by QE2 everytime we look at our computer desktops.

Is there anyone who would now volunteer to take over the making of the monthly wallpaper calendar ?

Alan has said that he will work with whoever volunteers to ensure a smooth transition.

Again, Alan, thank you very much for your time and talents ! and hopefully a volunteer will step up to again make the wallpaper calendar available to us.

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #131 on: Jan 19, 2017, 10:59 AM »
I would certainly miss not having the calendar to download to my computer and hope that someone can help to ensure we can continue to enjoy the photo competition winning pictures on our desktop computers. 

www.qe2event.com

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #132 on: Jan 31, 2017, 06:52 PM »
Here are a couple of new calendar wallpaper photos for you for 2017. Sorry for the delay but I have been rather busy with other projects.

Someone else is due to be taking over production of these calendars in the near future, I hope you will continue to enjoy them.

https://www.theqe2story.com/calendar/2017/index.htm

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #133 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:14 PM »
Thank you very much, Alan, for the wonderful desktop wallpaper calendars.  They are absolutely wonderful, and your time and talents are very much appreciated !  It is not unusual for someone to come into my office and remark on the beautiful desktop photo/calendar and inquire about QE2 and who made up the calendars !  Thanks again !  June   :)

Offline Bob van Leeuwen

« Reply #134 on: Mar 01, 2017, 09:20 PM »
I have just uploaded my very first Wallpaper Calendar for the month March to the website, and it is available on the page from the 2017 calendar page.

I would personally like to thank Alan Snelson for not only all the previous calendar, but also the generous help that he has given me during the last few weeks with getting everything setup so that I can continue creating the wallpapers.

I would also like to thank Lynda Bradford for the lovely photograph of QE2, and personally do thing it quite suits this month really wel, with it being my very first month.

I probably forgot somebody when writing this post, if it does come to mind, I will update this post.

If anybody got any feedback, please let me know, any is welcome :)

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #135 on: Mar 01, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Looks excellent, Bob! Congratulations to you and Alan on a wonderful desktop calendar page :) .

And thank you, Lynda, for the beautiful photo -- just right for anticipation of the September Conference...

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #136 on: Mar 01, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Thank-you Bob for continuing the desktop calendar and it is so special for me that my photo has been used.  I had been given a little instamatic camera for my 15th birthday and the photo was taken with this camera a couple of years later in 1967 (giving my age away).  I could never had imagined that the ship sitting on the stocks in John Brown's shipyard would achieve such fame and mean so much to so many people. 

Thanks also to Alan for supporting Bob and for his previous work on the calendar. 
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #137 on: Mar 02, 2017, 02:12 PM »
Thank you very much, Bob, for the wonderful March Desktop Wallpaper Calendar.  It is magnificent and the calendar is great.  Thank you very much for taking over the production of the calendar, and it will be appreciated by all.  It is a great way to have QE2 at hand throughout the day (and night).

Thanks very much to Alan for providing the desktop calendars for us for so long and for assisting Bob in getting up and running with the production of the calendars.

And many thanks to Lynda for the absolutely beautiful photo of our QE2, most definitely the most beautiful ship in the world.   :)

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #138 on: Mar 03, 2017, 01:20 PM »
Thank-you Bob for continuing the desktop calendar and it is so special for me that my photo has been used.  I had been given a little instamatic camera for my 15th birthday and the photo was taken with this camera a couple of years later in 1967 (giving my age away).  I could never had imagined that the ship sitting on the stocks in John Brown's shipyard would achieve such fame and mean so much to so many people. 

Thanks also to Alan for supporting Bob and for his previous work on the calendar.

Lynda - belter of a photo (for want of a better phrase) - but to add to what you said - I'll also bet you didn't think you'd be part of a small team of enthusiasts working hard to host a conference celebrating (what was at the time) Hull 736 soon to be QE2's 50th anniversary - you've topped and tailed this one. :)

Gav

Offline Bob van Leeuwen

« Reply #139 on: Apr 08, 2017, 01:04 PM »
For those who visited the monthly calendar page since last Saturday might have noticed that I upload a new Calendar for this month on April 1st. I however completely forgot to post it here, since I was otherwise occupied that day.

If anybody does have any special requests for next month, please send me a message, and I will look into it if its possible  :)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #140 on: Apr 08, 2017, 01:42 PM »
For those who visited the monthly calendar page since last Saturday might have noticed that I upload a new Calendar for this month on April 1st. I however completely forgot to post it here, since I was otherwise occupied that day.

If anybody does have any special requests for next month, please send me a message, and I will look into it if its possible  :)

Thanks Bob! I posted a link to it on our Facebook page yesterday which got lots of interest. It's awesome, as usual.
Passionate about QE2 for over 30 years.

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #141 on: Apr 08, 2017, 01:55 PM »
Good picture for the desktop Calendar, thanks for setting this up Bob

This is the link to the desktop Calendar page

https://www.theqe2story.com/calendar/2017/index.htm
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #142 on: Apr 09, 2017, 05:47 PM »
Many thanks, Bob, for presenting us with this month's marvelous desktop calendar ! Thank you very much for your time and talents !  :)

Online Pete Hamill

« Reply #143 on: Apr 10, 2017, 10:42 AM »
I'd forgotten about that one. Let's see if they get the name repainted by the end of the month!

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2017, 09:49 AM »

......If anybody does have any special requests for next month, please send me a message, and I will look into it if its possible  :)

There are so many wonderful photos that would make good computer desktop calendars.  I would love to see a photo from the QE2 Mast theme, used for a future desktop calendar wallpaper.
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=158

www.qe2event.com

Offline Bob van Leeuwen

« Reply #145 on: Jun 01, 2017, 09:36 PM »
Just looking at this topic I have completely forgotten to post here that I have put up the may 2017 edition.

Given that a month has past since then, and it is already June (how time flies), I have just uploaded the June 2017 edition :)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #146 on: Jun 02, 2017, 06:03 PM »
Thanks very much, Bob, for continuing the tradition of the desktop calendars.  They are great and a very special way of enjoying photos of our QE2 while working.  Your time and talents are very much appreciated !  June   :)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #147 on: Jun 02, 2017, 08:26 PM »
Just looking at this topic I have completely forgotten to post here that I have put up the may 2017 edition.

Given that a month has past since then, and it is already June (how time flies), I have just uploaded the June 2017 edition :)

Thanks Bob (and John for the photo used), it looks amazing as usual.  I've given it a plug on our Facebook page too.
Passionate about QE2 for over 30 years.

Offline Bob van Leeuwen

« Reply #148 on: Jun 04, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Thank you all for the nice replies :)
I have just noticed that this month there is a little with bar next to the month, it went completely unnoticed until now  :-[

2016 Archive - 2016 Calendar

Started by Alan SnelsonBoard Archived Topics

Replies: 45
Views: 6762
Last post Feb 04, 2016, 09:03 AM
by Lynda Bradford
2015 Archive - 2015 QE2 Story Calendar

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Archived Topics

Replies: 57
Views: 10215
Last post Jan 28, 2015, 04:51 PM
by Alan Snelson
2012 Archive - Pre-order QE2 Story 2012 Calendar

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics

Replies: 75
Views: 9627
Last post Oct 01, 2011, 12:34 AM
by Kathy M.
2014 Archive - Re: Photo Competition 2014 calendar

Started by SueOnOneDeckBoard Archived Topics

Replies: 1
Views: 869
Last post Oct 26, 2013, 06:03 PM
by Lynda Bradford
2014 Archive - Re:Photo Competition Winners (2014 Calendar)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Archived Topics

Replies: 35
Views: 3595
Last post Oct 12, 2013, 09:59 PM
by Peter Fitness