Author Topic: 'Collided with Life's Harbour Wall' - Remembering Members no longer with us.  (Read 609 times)

Offline Twynkle

Rob - thanks so much for keeping Ron Baxter's posts.
How much I wish I'd known sooner that he had been so unwell - he posted whilst I was away and mainly off-line,
and the shock and profound sadness is still needing to be sorted....

As well as when QE2 left these shores, I remember too the sadness when Jem died. He was another great character here on TQS; who in his earlier days, recounted how he'd been tied in his wheel-chair to the mast on the keel of a tall-ship, and much more ...

We owe gratitude to all members, including Ron B, Jem and others too, known and unknown, who have contributed so much.

Thanks to you, Rob - It has been, still is, and will continue to be a privilege to participate in 'meeting' some of the most interesting people from all around the world. I'm certain that many do realise fortunate we all are to have somewhere as thoroughly good as this website is.

May I ask if we could have a topic here on the Forum please, so that tributes by members can be noted, and appreciated by all TQS readers?
This might be for those who have 'crossed the bar' and hopefully they'll be 'mended' and beyond the Harbour Wall, well on their way to the horizon.
Thank you.
Rosie
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2017, 08:52 PM by Twynkle »
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

We have been notified by Robert Mitchinson :

Quote from:  Robert Mitchinson
Could you please pass on message to other members that at the end of February Robert or (Bobby) Dilbo penthouse senior steward passed away.

Thank you very much for letting us know, Robert. Please pass our condolences to his families and friends.

I was not lucky enough to have known Bobby, but he must have been a very special person to have been in the position of penthouse senior steward.