Author Topic: QE2 : A 50th Anniversary Celebration, by Chris Frame and Rachelle Cross  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Chris Frame

Would it be possible to have the books themselves at the conference?  I'd pick one up there.

They should *hopefully* be in the local Waterstones by then!!

Offline Clydebuilt1971

My copy is ordered  :)

Looking forward to this Chris!!

Gav

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
The jacket cover looks great and very nice to have a special, limited edition available !  June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Malcolm

Has there been a problem with the book? I ordered a copy from Amazon, got an email saying there'd be a slight delay, then one saying a longer delay and now Amazon says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date".

Should I try to get it from somewhere else?  ???

Chris - you say that the book is available as a "limited edition which includes a few extras including post cards, a book mark and a colour poster". I assume that Amazon isn't offering them. How much are the limited editions and how do I go about getting one?

Online cunardqueen

Is there a way to order it via here so credit goes to the QE2 story..?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Lynda Bradford

(Image removed from quote.)

This is the jacket cover of the special edition version of the book.
It's available in two versions - standard edition and limited edition which includes a few extras including post cards, a book mark and a colour poster.

I had ordered form Amazon what I thought was the limited edition (with the few extras), but I now see that I have ordered a Special Edition and there is not an option for the limited edition. 

Chris can you confirm what is the standard edition,  the limited edition and the special edition?
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Chris Frame

(Image removed from quote.)

This is the jacket cover of the special edition version of the book.
It's available in two versions - standard edition and special edition which includes a few extras including post cards, a book mark and a colour poster.

Offline Chris Frame

So sorry Malcolm and Lynda in my haste I typed limited edition rather than special edition.

There are just the two versions. Standard edition and special edition.

There's nothing we have been told that would explain why there would be a delay.

Has there been a problem with the book? I ordered a copy from Amazon, got an email saying there'd be a slight delay, then one saying a longer delay and now Amazon says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date".

Should I try to get it from somewhere else?  ???

Chris - you say that the book is available as a "limited edition which includes a few extras including post cards, a book mark and a colour poster". I assume that Amazon isn't offering them. How much are the limited editions and how do I go about getting one?

Offline Malcolm

There are just the two versions. Standard edition and special edition.

But how do we tell which we've ordered? Amazon is charging £25.00 at the moment; is that the price for the standard edition?

I've just looked at Amazon and they are also offering one at £40.00. Is that the special edition?

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Dear Members,

I have added links to both versions of Chris's new book to our shop.  If you purchase through this way, it will cost you the same, but the forum will get a very small percentage each time too.

https://www.theqe2story.com/QE2Shop.php

I'm afraid It is too complicated for me to also have links for other Amazon regions.

- Rob
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Chris Frame

Thanks Rob!

It's off the print now - here is the first copy!

Offline Chris Frame

But how do we tell which we've ordered? Amazon is charging £25.00 at the moment; is that the price for the standard edition?

I've just looked at Amazon and they are also offering one at £40.00. Is that the special edition?

Hi Malcolm,

The £25 is the standard ed. and the £40 is the special ed.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Thanks so much, Rob, for adding Chris and Rachelle's book to The QE2 Story Shop.  I look forward to obtaining my copy !

June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

trevorc

I will be trying to get my hands on Mr. Frame's book!

Offline Chris Frame

Thank you June and Trevor  :D  your support is very much appreciated!!
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2017, 01:11 AM by Chris Frame »

Offline Chris Frame

Here is what the Soecial Ed. looks like:

https://instagram.com/p/BYVoMBBAc_v

trevorc

Here is what the Soecial Ed. looks like:

https://instagram.com/p/BYVoMBBAc_v

It looks awesome! So anxious..

Online Lynda Bradford

I am still awaiting the Special Edition of the book, Amazon have sent a revised delivery of the book to be with them between 2 to 6 September, which is a week beyond the original time.   Not sure what the problem is with the publishers release date not being on schedule.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Malcolm

I am still awaiting the Special Edition of the book, Amazon has sent a revised delivery of the book to be with them between 2 to 6 September

I've got mine already! I thought Amazon got it out really quickly. It arrived whilst we were away, Amazon put it through our letterbox and it was waiting when we got home. (Although I've to admit that I've been so busy since our return that I haven't even removed the plastic cover  :-[)

Online Lynda Bradford

I've got mine already! I thought Amazon got it out really quickly. It arrived whilst we were away, Amazon put it through our letterbox and it was waiting when we got home. (Although I've to admit that I've been so busy since our return that I haven't even removed the plastic cover  :-[)

Yesterday I got a message to say the Special Edition would be delivered on 6 September.  Lesson to be learned, not to pre-order from Amazon!
www.qe2event.com

Queen Mary 2 17th-27th May 2015 British Isles 175YR Anniversary

Started by tdicksonBoard Past Events

Replies: 2
Views: 787
Last post Apr 26, 2015, 07:52 PM
by Rob Lightbody
Hello from Chris!

Started by Chris FrameBoard Passengers & Enthusiasts Introductions

Replies: 8
Views: 2778
Last post Feb 09, 2014, 04:03 AM
by MiamiCunarder
Live from RMS Queen Mary 2 for the 175th anniversary voyage to Halifax

Started by TwynkleBoard RMS Queen Mary 2

Replies: 0
Views: 904
Last post Jul 02, 2015, 10:23 AM
by Twynkle
Capt Ian McNaught`s address at Liverpool Cathedral Cunard 175th anniversary 2015

Started by southfielddaneBoard Final Departures & Final Season Memories

Replies: 7
Views: 89
Last post Feb 22, 2021, 07:56 AM
by Michael Gallagher
Chris' QE2 videos -- 1995 and 1996

Started by Chris FrameBoard The 1990s

Replies: 11
Views: 3473
Last post Jan 22, 2013, 07:40 AM
by Chris Frame