Author Topic: November 2016 : QE2 at sunrise or sunset (closed)  (Read 939 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

November 2016 : QE2 at sunrise or sunset (closed)
« on: Nov 01, 2016, 12:51 PM »
This month's theme is "QE2 at sunrise or sunset", chosen by Hugh Ritchie, the winner of the August competition.

These should make for a beautiful collection! I wonder who was up in time for sunrise though...

The prize this month is the book "QE2 A Ship for All Seasons" by David F. Hutchings, donated by myself :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,4566.0.html

Alternatively, June has also offered as a prize the jigsaw version of the winning photo. It will be interesting to see which is preferred!

The album is open -  so now is the time to look for your most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : QE2 at sunrise or sunset.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 30 November 2016. Voting will run from 1 December 2016 until 31 December 2016.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

This is the third month of photos for the 2018 calendar. Maybe your photo will figure there!

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2016, 11:50 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online Lynda Bradford

QE2 at Sunrise or Sunset, now that is an interesting theme.  Looking forward to seeing the pictures!  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Should be good - pity I can't enter a certain picture because it's a painting and not a photo...!
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Should be good - pity I can't enter a certain picture because it's a painting and not a photo...!

Well, it would be a photo of a painting, wouldn't it?  ;)

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Yes... I thought of trying that excuse, but it wouldn't really be in the spirit of the competition would it?
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online Lynda Bradford

Slow start to the entries for this month's competition.  We need you to look for your photo that show QE2 at sunrise or sunset. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline pete cain

I know I have 1 only to post, will root it out somewhere (you only need 1 to win peoples)

Online Lynda Bradford

I know I have 1 only to post, will root it out somewhere (you only need 1 to win peoples)

Seventeen photos uploaded to-date for the competition and there are some fantastic pictures.  Like Pete, we must all have photos of QE2 at Sunrise or Sunset that we can enter for the competition, we just need to have a look in our albums. 

Good luck everyone!
www.qe2event.com

Online Pete Hamill

Lynda, I am in the same boat  ::) as Pete. I could only find 1 worth uploading.

The trouble is that as a passenger, you were aboard at these times doing other things. The only opportunities for views of the ship rather than from it were the occasional over-night stays, but unfortunately, I couldn't find anything suitable.

I really need to dig out all the albums that pre-date digital photography, but there lies another adventure!

Time for the last-minute rush to upload your photos for this month's competition!

We have 17 photos so far, please take a look whether you have some hidden treasures to add to the album :) .