2 (3.3%)
Departure from Invergordon in the HIGHlands
0 (0%)
A suite view
0 (0%)
Top of the Rock
1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Poll: August Photo of the Month Competition "QE2 Viewed from high places"  (Read 2366 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Photo of the month competition - instructions on how to vote for your favourite photo

The theme for the August competition was "QE2 viewed from high places", chosen by Peter Hamill the runner up of the May competition. 

Thank-you to everyone who submitted photos, which we really appreciate and we hope that you enjoy choosing your 3 favourite photos

Voting is easy but you need to be a forum member and log into the forum to vote.  Even if you have not submitted photos please support those who have participated, by choosing the three best photos, noting the details then tick the relevant box on the poll.  But if you have submitted photos please do not vote for the photos you have entered. 

To make it easier for you we have posted the photos below, however you can also view the photos in the Gallery  where you can see them all at once, in thumbnail form plus you can view larger versions of the pictures by clicking on the photo to see medium size, then click again, to see them in large size. Go to Gallery Album

The prize this month is the Isle of Man stamp set of QE2, donated by the Lynda Bradford and valued at GBP 10 at the time of purchase.

https://www.iompost.com/stamps-coins/collection/cunard-line-s-175-years-three-queens-meeting/cunard-ocean-liners-special-smiler-sheets/

Alternatively, June Ingram has offered as a prize the jigsaw version of the winning photo. It will be interesting to see which is preferred!

You will not see the results until after the voting has closed on 1 October 2016 giving other time zones the chance to catch up with the voting deadline. 

Please enjoy viewing these fantastic photos and thank-you for voting.  :)
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2016, 09:02 AM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

QE2 at Home from on High. 28 June 2005

QE2 in Barcelona from Cable Car. October 1992

Room with a view

View from the open bridge wings

Admiring the View

Gib

San Juan

Up There

The model!

Malta, July 2008

Dubrovnik, July 2008

The longest stairway

QE2 in Aalasund

QE2 from the watchtower on the hill

From above Sydney

Looking down to the QE2 bow and Auckland harbour

With the Red Arrows

GBTT alongside

Hello below!

Geiranger, July 2007

QE2 Panama Canal

Norway Cruise 2008_2

Departure from Invergordon in the HIGHlands

A suite view

Top of the Rock
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2016, 06:42 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

The poll is now open for the August photo competition. 

There are a fantastic range of photos to choose your three favourites picture of QE2 viewed from high places.

Thank-you to everyone who entered and good luck!
www.qe2event.com

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
Yes nice selection this Month hard to choose,my vote is in

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Oh my, this is such a marvelous selection of photos, it is going to be very difficult to choose !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Brandon Sterkel

Just voted! Love looking at all of the great pictures! :)
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Offline Pete Hamill

I chose this topic as I suspected it would generate a deluge of awesomeness (if that is a word) - and it hasn't disappointed.
Only 3 votes allowed? Doesn't seem enough!

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
I have voted.  :)
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online Lynda Bradford

Good choice of topic Pete. 

Nine people have voted so far and there are 3 photos in joint first place. 
www.qe2event.com

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
Make that 10. What a great selection of photos for this months competition.

The winner and runner up of this months contest are the final photos to be included in the 2017 calendar so make your votes count.
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Online cunardqueen

The winner and runner up of this months contest are the final photos to be included in the 2017 calendar so make your votes count.   

Perhaps an ideal time to plug the comp on social media, increase the votes and boost the sale of the calendars..any publicity is good publicity ;) 
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online cunardqueen

Alas l never took this photo so it cant be entered. But with the anniversary of 9/11 this is a very poignant photo... :'(
Its a photo l always post on my FB page as a silent tribute .
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Perhaps an ideal time to plug the comp on social media, increase the votes and boost the sale of the calendars..any publicity is good publicity ;)

Great idea! Can everyone who's reading this please post a bit about it on their social media please?
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

Alas l never took this photo so it cant be entered. But with the anniversary of 9/11 this is a very poignant photo... :'(
Its a photo l always post on my FB page as a silent tribute .

Thanks for sharing this photos.  9/11 is a date that will live in memories and the photo shows two icons the twin towers and QE2. 
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

We are almost half way through the month and 16 people have voted so far. 

Keep supporting the people who have entered pictures in the photo competition by logging into the forum and voting for your three favourites. 
www.qe2event.com

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

19 members have voted now, and two photos are in equal lead, with one following immediately behind.

A week is left to vote and help decide the outcome!

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

20 votes in, and we still have potential joint gold / silver medallists, with the potential bronze medallist following by one vote behind.

Your vote could be the decisive one -- and you still have three days to get it in!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
I have just now voted and it was again a very difficult decision.  Every photo is splendid and deserving of a prize.  Thank you very much to all who have entered photos in the competition, each one bringing back a very special memory of our beloved ship !   :)

If you have not yet voted, please do as there is still a bit of time left !

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
There is still a bit of time left to cast your vote if you have not already done so. 

To vote is a great way to participate with QE2 lovers from around the world and a marvelous way to remember years sadly gone by !   :)

Online Lynda Bradford

Thanks for the reminder to vote June. 

There is now less that 24 hours to vote as the poll closes at 7.05 pm on 1 October BST
www.qe2event.com