Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth Round Britain 23 June 2016  (Read 2989 times)

Online Cunarder Man

Queen Elizabeth Round Britain 23 June 2016
« on: May 13, 2016, 07:30 AM »
There are a number of QE2 enthusiasts already booked on this cruise. It is highly likely we will be sharing memories, photographs and memories of QE2 whilst on board. Has anyone else booked?

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: Queen Elizabeth Round Britain 23 June 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 11:00 AM »
Nope! But can maybe say hello in Greenock!
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Pete Hamill

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 11:16 AM »
Yup! My wife and I will be on board for that cruise - and very much looking forward to it.
Maybe I'll nip down the road when we get in to Greenock to cut the grass . . . then again . . . .  :P

Pete

Offline Michael Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 11:21 AM »
Plans for Liverpool and celebrating the 100th anniversary if the Cunard Building coming together nicely including two concerts on the Pier Head in front of CB open to everyone - one in afternoon at time tbc and one at 2130 leading up the fireworks (including a very special one) and departure of ship.

0700 - ship arrival. A surprise in store here
1100 - Service of Celebration at St Nicks]
Concerts and Fireworks
1730 - Reception and Dinner on ship for VIPs
Passenger Dinner that night will have Commemorative Menu

Michael

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 06:30 PM »
Michael - this sounds amazing - another historical day in the life of Cunard - so proud and honoured to be part of it!
Cheers

John

Plans for Liverpool and celebrating the 100th anniversary if the Cunard Building coming together nicely including two concerts on the Pier Head in front of CB open to everyone - one in afternoon at time tbc and one at 2130 leading up the fireworks (including a very special one) and departure of ship.

0700 - ship arrival. A surprise in store here
1100 - Service of Celebration at St Nicks]
Concerts and Fireworks
1730 - Reception and Dinner on ship for VIPs
Passenger Dinner that night will have Commemorative Menu

Michael

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 07:12 PM »
There are a number of QE2 enthusiasts already booked on this cruise. It is highly likely we will be sharing memories, photographs and memories of QE2 whilst on board. Has anyone else booked?

Aye - we'll be there too! Looking forward to Absolutely Everything...
ooops - gone back to Scottish v early ancester / Granny's roots...and planning Good Walks, and just a few very special Sea Days, a day full of Tender-rides off Guernsey , 50yrs wed'g stuff, and the possibilities of having The QE2 Get Together on board!!

Rob - It will be Very Good to See You!

The Cunard Building Day sounds excellent - A Special Thank You to you, Michael
Then there's My Liverpool Home bit and The Leaving of Liverpool too - Can't Wait!
("Not many know"(!) that during and after WW2, and before Cook St was pulled down, the Cunard Building, St Nick's, the Mersey Mission and Cathedral were all part of My Liverpool home!)
Rosie

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 07:59 PM »
Hope you enjoy the cruise it sounds really interesting, especially as I like the round Britain cruises.  But unfortunately as we have a River cruise booked for July we cannot go on the QE in June.  We will think about going to Greenock or Liverpool to see the ship, that would be the next best, and we can envy all you lucky people onboard. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 08:10 PM »
Hope you enjoy the cruise it sounds really interesting, especially as I like the round Britain cruises.  But unfortunately as we have a River cruise booked for July we cannot go on the QE in June.  We will think about going to Greenock or Liverpool to see the ship, that would be the next best, and we can envy all you lucky people onboard.

Oh Lynda - Please, Please Do come!
(Sssh - There's a great saver fare offer on! and the itinerary's not bad either!)
It would be a bit of a getaway-from-it-all - and very good to see you :)
R.

QE2 Launch - Celebration on Queen Mary

Started by CAPBoard QE2 Build Publications and Memorabilia

Replies: 1
Views: 2130
Last post Sep 21, 2012, 11:08 AM
by Lynda Bradford
TheQE2Story at RMS Queen Mary : Jan 16th 2010

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 6
Views: 3486
Last post Jan 09, 2011, 01:38 PM
by 3QueensGirl
Queen Victoria Suite

Started by Michael GallagherBoard QE2 Hotel Dubai (2018 onwards)

Replies: 6
Views: 533
Last post Oct 25, 2020, 04:47 PM
by Andy Holloway
Makeover for Queen Mary

Started by cunardqueenBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 2
Views: 1228
Last post Aug 13, 2016, 09:35 AM
by Bruce Nicholls
Queen Mary 2 - Twenty Years

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard RMS Queen Mary 2

Replies: 3
Views: 544
Last post Mar 27, 2023, 03:39 PM
by Lynda Bradford