Author Topic: Cunard's QE2 50th anniversary voyage aboard Queen Elizabeth  (Read 2553 times)

Offline cunardqueen

Re: Cunard's QE2 50th anniversary voyage aboard Queen Elizabeth
« Reply #40 on: Sep 28, 2017, 04:17 PM »
I am wondering too - total silence.  Was anything done other than token lip service ? 

Given Cunard and their recent news about a new thing being built, We can only imagine that there was a bit more fuss made onboard this time, Perhaps an ever bigger fuss made than what would have been normal . But then thats the trouble they only make a fuss over QE2 when it suits them.
I do wonder why they didnt announce the new build thing onboard to the assembled masses.
Perhaps the passengers are somewhat stunned to have been dragged round the Med and paid an hefty price for such a thing to be fed a couple of lectures and given a couple of fancy menus.
Either that or exhausted with the onboard celebrations.. ::)     
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #41 on: Sep 28, 2017, 04:22 PM »
I am sure members would love to hear from passengers on the cruise. It is part of their way of remembering QE2's launch anniversary and it would be wonderful to hear from them.
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Kevin McGhee

« Reply #42 on: Oct 10, 2017, 01:18 PM »
The cruise ran smoothly and was fully booked. I have mailed a copy of QE2 events and speeches that were made and sent a hard copy to Lynda, maybe she can post it here.

I guess there were 20 or so past crew members of QE2 onboard and of course many past passengers of QE2.

The lectures, mostly in The Royal Court Theatre,  were full and well received. QE2 Story badges which I had taken onboard with me were given to Captain Hashmi and Commodore Warwick and I observed Chris Frame sporting one also. The QE2 Story was mentioned in several of the speeches at the get-togethers.

The lecturers were Capt. Hashmi, (who served on QE2 for many years), Commodore Warwick, Maureen Ryan and Chris Frame. Capt. McNaught also spoke at some of the events.

Offline Lynda Bradford

« Reply #43 on: Oct 17, 2017, 12:01 PM »
Thanks for the update Kevin and for the sheet listing the event. I will get around to scanning and posting but it may be next week, as I have a lot going on at the moment. 
I am proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

3D Queen Mary "model" on Google Earth / Google Maps

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 2
Views: 508
Last post Aug 03, 2016, 08:25 PM
by cunardqueen
Vote for the "best" Queen

Started by Bob C.Board Cunard

Replies: 43
Views: 10302
Last post Aug 13, 2017, 04:53 PM
by Trevor Casey
A very different "Vista" Queen...

Started by Chris FrameBoard The Cruise Sisters (QV & QE)

Replies: 13
Views: 5454
Last post Oct 17, 2010, 07:07 PM
by Magic Pipe
"Kissed by a Queen"!

Started by Andy HollowayBoard The 2000s

Replies: 2
Views: 117
Last post Jul 30, 2017, 06:43 PM
by Brandon Sterkel
"Captain of the Queen" by Captain Robert Harry Arnott, 1982 ISBN 0 450 04891 8

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Books, Videos and DVDs about QE2