Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Happy 10th Anniversary Queen Victoria  (Read 384 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Happy 10th Anniversary Queen Victoria
« on: Dec 11, 2017, 06:44 PM »
10 years ago today, Queen Victoria sailed on her Maiden voyage.  Although I admit I was fairly horrified at her at the time, there's no question she's been very successful, is very popular, and gives a strong link to QE2 due to her passengers, crew and the fact that for a time they were in service together, and even did a leisurely tandem voyage together.

http://emails.cunard.co.uk/q/11mf3oeCDGQlqOrSCdg8rne/wv

10 years ago tomorrow, by coincidence, I stepped aboard QE2 for the first time in 20.5 years and realised what I'd been missing...
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline Oceanic

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary Queen Victoria
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2017, 07:22 PM »
I've always had a soft spot for Victoria even if she isn't a true liner, a very welcoming and homely ship to sail on!
"Some Profound Text Goes Here"

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:58 PM »
Happy Anniversary to Queen Victoria.  I have enjoyed many cruises on the ship and like the warm atmosphere on the ship.  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Thomas Hypher

• Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2, a home from home - beautiful from all angles!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2017, 11:04 PM »
and even did a leisurely tandem voyage together

It was anything but leisurly for each ship as my Dad (on QE2) and a family friend (on QV) will tell you - plus my Dad's photos! QV was struggling to keep up with QE2, and QE2 was having to go relatively slowly to stay with her - making her more lively in the weather conditions they had.
First travelled on QE2 in August 2003 aged 6 years old. Last stepped foot and travelled on QE2 in July 2008. Last saw QE2 in person from the decks of QM2, on QE2's last Transatlantic crossing (Eastbound tandem) in October 2008 - we had the better view!