Author Topic: Le Boréal  (Read 4167 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Le Boréal
« Reply #20 on: Jun 12, 2012, 10:49 PM »
I like the exterior views of this ship and the interior decor is also very pleasing.  Must investigate!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline QE2forever

• Advisor to TQS
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • Getting there was all the fun...
Re: Accidents and mishaps at sea
« Reply #21 on: Nov 20, 2015, 07:02 AM »
French cruise ship Le Boréal has been evacuated yesterday following a serious engine room fire near the Falkland Islands, luckily with no casualties.

http://www.cruisehive.com/new-video-released-of-rescue-operation-after-french-ship-fire/9191

http://maritimematters.com/2015/11/cruise-ship-fire-passengers-evacuate-to-sister-ship/

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #22 on: Apr 02, 2019, 06:41 PM »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #23 on: Apr 02, 2019, 07:24 PM »
What a great way to get to see the ship!

I still think that if I ever went on a cruise again, it would be likely to be on Le Boréal or one of her her sisters, or one of the Hebridean ships... and so, a sneak peak at Le Boréal would be a great thing to help me make up my mind :) .

If any Forum member goes, I shall look forward to pictures and impressions!

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #24 on: Apr 02, 2019, 09:36 PM »
What a great way to get to see the ship!

I still think that if I ever went on a cruise again, it would be likely to be on Le Boréal or one of her her sisters, or one of the Hebridean ships... and so, a sneak peak at Le Boréal would be a great thing to help me make up my mind :) .

If any Forum member goes, I shall look forward to pictures and impressions!

Le Boreal was following us (QV) around Patagonia last year...a very fine looking smaller ship!
The(Noble Caledonia) Hebridean ships not as attractive!
Hebridean Princess looks " interesting"!

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2019, 10:22 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #25 on: Apr 02, 2019, 11:04 PM »
Sadly Le Boréal isn’t scheduled to call at Greenock this year.

However (off topic) we are getting five Cunard calls this year. QV three times and QE twice. That must be a record for the most Clyde calls for a Cunard!
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2019, 04:35 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »