Author Topic: Photo Competition Results (2017 Calendar)  (Read 13850 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Photo Competition Results (2017 Calendar)
« on: Nov 04, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Thank-you to everyone who contributed photos and voted for the September competition - Tranquility. 

Congratulations to the winner Cunarder Man with his photo Midnight sun

The runner up for the October competition was Mike de fiore's photo anchored in Bermuda

These are two stunning image that capture tranquility. 

You can see the results and view again all the wonderful photos now that the poll has closed
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,6984.0.html
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2016, 02:52 PM by Alan Snelson »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: Photo Competition Results (2017 Calendar)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2015, 05:53 PM »
Two spectacular photos have again been chosen for this month's photo competition ! 

Congratulations to Cunarder Man for the first place photo and to Mike de Fiore for the runner up photo.  Marvelous photos of our QE2 and thank you for sharing them with us along with all of the photographers who submitted photos for the competition.

June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2015, 11:12 AM »
Thank-you to everyone who voted in the October Photo Competition "Special Occasions and QE2"

The winning photo, submitted by Cunarder Man was "Hi everyone we have made it" a beautiful photo of passengers beside the funnel.  It would be interesting to hear more about the picture. 

.....and the runner up was me with "Red Arrows Loop the Loop over QE2" a picture taken in Greenock in 2007 when QE2 was celebrating her 40 years.  I remember the day well. We were not onboard the ship but had travelled early in the morning to see the her and there were queues of cars as we approached Greenock, so many people wanted to see QE2.  The Red Arrow display was amazing and a fitting tribute to the Queen.  Thanks you to everyone who voted for my photo, I really appreciate that as it was a special occasion of which I have fond memories.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2015, 05:40 PM »
Congratulations to Cunarder Man for the winning photo in this Photo Competition !  And Congratulations to Lynda Bradford for the runner up photo !

Both photos are magnificent and portray so well the excitement that was (and is) QE2.  It would indeed be great to hear from Cunarder Man about his photo.  Thank you, Lynda, for telling us about your photo.  What a wonderful tribute by the Red Arrows as they loop the loop over QE2.  And just imagine the cumulative memories of everyone who came out to watch our beloved ship - a very special day indeed !   :)

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2015, 07:03 PM »
Many thanks indeed.

The photograph, 'Hi everyone we've made it' entry in the October Photo Competition "Special Occasions and QE2'' was taken as we approached Dubai on the final voyage. A number of crew had scaled to the funnel area to get pictures of the Emirates A380 circling the ship and this was one of many pictures taken that afternoon. The title I gave it could be interpreted as, we've made it up to the funnel (I am aware many QE2 enthusiasts longed to get up there, me included) or simply, we've made it to Dubai.

Thank you to everyone who voted - there's some great pictures out there and I am sure many more to be posted.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Thanks, Cunarder Man, for the story behind your great photo.  I wonder how many photos were taken that day ?  Many, I am sure.  The last time passengers and crew would be able to take photos while aboard.

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2015, 09:11 PM »
Superb photos, both of them!

And thank you for the stories too... I love reading people's adventures on and with QE2 :) .

Offline cunardqueen

« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Well done John... :)

The title I gave it could be interpreted as, we've made it up to the funnel (I am aware many QE2 enthusiasts longed to get up there, me included)   
Ah the hidden joys of a funnel run.. ;) ;)

And well done to Lynda  as well
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2016, 10:52 AM »
Congratulation to Cunarder Man the winner of the November competition "Good Night New York"

The runner up was Hamburger with his photo "Like and Arrow"

We hope you enjoyed viewing and voting for your favourite photo. Thank-you to everyone who participated. 
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2016, 10:21 PM »
Congratulations to Cunarder Man for the winning photo and to Hamburger for the runner up photo !  Both are marvelous, and many thanks to all who submitted their wonderful photos !

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2016, 05:36 PM »
Many thanks - my photograph 'Good Night New York'. It was taken in early January 2005 as we headed out toward the famous Verazano Narrows Bridge. It was a really cold evening and all other passengers had gone from the observation deck as it was so cold. Fingers were numb and tear streaming from the chill of the biting wind. All this to be forgotten as we were heading for the Panama Canal en route to LA and much warmer climes.
Congratulations to Hamburger.
Thanks again.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2016, 05:59 PM »
Thanks very much for the background to your winning photo.  It makes it seem so much more real and one can imagine themselves as being there at that time.   :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2016, 02:01 PM »
Congratulations to our winner and joint runners up for the December competition "Art Work on QE2"  Thank-you to everyone who entered the competition and voted.  Once again we have pictures that give us happy memories of QE2. 

The winner was Harev with his photo "Queen Elizabeth bust sculpture in Queens Room"

The runners up are:

Cunarder Man's picture - 'Water' by Janine Janet Princess Grill

and

Hamburgers picture "Modelmaking Art"

www.qe2event.com

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2016, 06:30 PM »
Congrats to Harev & Hamburger.
Regarding the Pricess Grill photograph, I am afraid I never had the opportunity to dine here but, on every cruise I would visit this iconic restaurant and take photographs. I recall that the statues were situated in the Columbia Restaurant on our first cruise on QE2 in 1983.

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Well done everyone who entered, and congratulations to our winner and runners up.
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!