Author Topic: QE2 50 year event 22 September 2017, Clydebank  (Read 135894 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: QE2 50 year event 22 September 2017, Clydebank
« Reply #165 on: Feb 03, 2017, 11:42 AM »
230 days until the conference !

Have you purchased your ticket?

Don't miss out on this event to celebrate QE2's 50 years since her launch.  Details of how to purchase your tickets are on the event ticket page. 
https://qe2event.com/tickets/
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #166 on: Feb 11, 2017, 11:14 AM »
The conference committee had a very productive meeting yesterday in Glasgow.  We were particularly pleased with the sale of tickets sold (almost 75%) so far plus the sponsorship received, which is appreciated. 

We continue to work behind the scenes to ensure a very successful conference. Word is getting out in the Clydebank area of the fabulous speakers that have been booked for the QE2 Story conference,  to celebrate 50 years since the launch of the ship. 

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #167 on: Feb 11, 2017, 02:06 PM »
The conference committee had a very productive meeting yesterday in Glasgow.  We were particularly pleased with the sale of tickets sold (almost 75%) so far plus the sponsorship received, which is appreciated. 

We continue to work behind the scenes to ensure a very successful conference. Word is getting out in the Clydebank area of the fabulous speakers that have been booked for the QE2 Story conference,  to celebrate 50 years since the launch of the ship.

Thanks for all the hard work.  It will be hugely appreciated by everyone in September, and the event would simply not happen without the committee.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #168 on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:43 PM »
Tickets are going fast for The QE2 50 Year Event on 22 September 2017.  This is an event not to be missed, and it is shaping up to be a marvelous celebration of QE2 !  For tickets and info, go to www.qe2event.com   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #169 on: Feb 23, 2017, 09:32 PM »
We hope that as many forum members as possible attend the conference. What a fantastic opportunity to meet forum members who are enthusiastic about QE2 as you. 

We are looking forward to meeting all conference delegates. 

Buy your tickets now on the event website https://qe2event.com/tickets/

www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #170 on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:47 AM »
Cruise Capital are supporting the conference by promoting the event. 

Jordan Bailey, Travel Journalist has written this article about the QE2's anniversary and the QE2 Story conference planned for September. 
http://cruisecapital.co.uk/remembering-qe2-50-year-anniversary/
www.qe2event.com

Offline Clydebuilt2

« Reply #171 on: Mar 10, 2017, 09:48 AM »

We are at the initial stages of planning a conference to celebrate 50 years since the launch of QE2 in Clydebank 1967.  We have made a provisional booking for Clydebank Town Hall on Friday 22 September 2017.  This is a lovely venue and very close to the slipway where QE2 was launched.

We know the planned date is not the date of the launch, but we wanted to hold the event on a Friday, in the hope that as many QE2 Story members as possible would join us for a week-end of celebrations. 

Hello Linda,

Is there any news on if The 50th Anniversary Conference will be available on DVD yet?

Thanks
Clydebuilt2

Make sure you get your Golden Ticket and join us in celebrating 50 years of QE2's history

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017, 04:03 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #172 on: Mar 11, 2017, 10:48 AM »
Hello Lynda,

Is there any news on if The 50th Anniversary Conference will be available on DVD yet?

Thanks
Clydebuilt2

Thanks for asking about the plans for a DVD. We have had initial discussion about the possibility of the event being filmed so that a DVD could be produced but we have not made final decision.  However, we will keep you informed. 

The committee will be meeting at the venue in May to do a site visit and this would be an ideal opportunity to discuss the options for filming and producing a DVD. 

On Wednesday John and I met West Dunbartonshire Council Heritage team people to discuss having a small QE2 display prior to and at the time of conference.  It was a very positive meeting an we are looking forward to working with the team. 
www.qe2event.com

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
I've just bought myself one!

May well indeed end up doing it as an extended day trip with the Sleeper train both ways as it's a busy week at work that week!!!

...and it turns out that's exactly what I'll be doing.  Last night I booked myself first class tickets for the Sleeper at £85 each way, Thursday night northbound and Friday night southbound.  So I'll be doing the conference but will unfortunately be unable to make any events on the days either side.
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #174 on: Mar 14, 2017, 01:50 PM »
Thanks for asking about the plans for a DVD. We have had initial discussion about the possibility of the event being filmed so that a DVD could be produced but we have not made final decision.  However, we will keep you informed. 

The committee will be meeting at the venue in May to do a site visit and this would be an ideal opportunity to discuss the options for filming and producing a DVD. 

On Wednesday John and I met West Dunbartonshire Council Heritage team people to discuss having a small QE2 display prior to and at the time of conference.  It was a very positive meeting an we are looking forward to working with the team.

As Chairman of the Event Committee I think now is as good a time as any to raise my glass to my fellow committee members for their unwavering commitment and the work they have put into this event to date and will continue to do until the event has concluded successfully.

We're doing our old ship proud folks - its all about her - nothing else  :)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #175 on: Mar 14, 2017, 02:20 PM »
Very well said, Gav !  Congratulations are indeed in order and three cheers for our beloved QE2 ! :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Andy Holloway

« Reply #176 on: Mar 17, 2017, 04:53 PM »
With my QE2 50th Anniversary Event Ticket firmly in my 'grubby mit', hotel booked & flights up to and back from Glasgow also booked i'm all set for September.

Sorting through some of my mementos of my time at sea i came across a couple of 'Cunard' cabin key rings - 2 1/2 " x 1 1/4", dark blue with Gold CUNARD logo and on reverse, Miami and S'ton 'return address', and was thinking how many other items of QE2 Memorabilia i have in my loft and cupboards.
I'll have a look and, depending on luggage weight, try to bring some interesting items up to Glasgow with me.

The old tea china is probably too delicate and heavy to bring but i'll find a few smaller items, one thing i do have is the World Cruise 2003? Autograph Book. 
It is leather bound and was hand made in Cape Town by a professional book binder, who we found courtesy of the local Security Manager, during the course of the following year we got as many of the famous personalities who traveled as either passengers or, more often as Guest Lecturers to sign it. Then at the following years World Cruise Auction we raised ' a lot' of money with it. How and why i came to own it is for you to ask in Glasgow!! £10 to charity gets an answer!

Maybe this is an idea for one of the breaks on the day, people bringing a few items and talking about where they came from and any story behind them.

Andy Holloway

Online Andy Holloway

« Reply #177 on: Mar 20, 2017, 02:49 PM »

I looked at the 2 QE2 Key Rings this morning and discovered that they not only have different CUNARD logos on but also different return addresses. The older one has a Valencia, Ca and Richmond House while the younger one has the Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami and Mountbatten House addresses on.

Online Andy Holloway

« Reply #178 on: Mar 20, 2017, 05:19 PM »

I'm full of ideas today!

If there is no set 'Dress code' for the 50 year Conference, how about people wearing anything connected with QE2, sweaters, polo shirts, yes even T-shirts, in fact anything with a QE2 logo on?

Just an idea!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #179 on: Mar 20, 2017, 06:06 PM »
Hello Andy

We hope that everyone that is coming along to the conference will be wearing the QE2 Story QE2 50 year badge, but I am sure there will be people wearing items with QE2 logos as well. 
www.qe2event.com

Captain N Bates (18 September 2004)

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Captains of the QE2

Replies: 0
Views: 3060
Last post Aug 18, 2013, 11:23 AM
by Lynda Bradford
QE2 50 Year Conference Website

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story QE2 50 year conference 22 September 2017

Replies: 0
Views: 1211
Last post Oct 20, 2016, 10:11 PM
by Lynda Bradford
Buckingham Covers: QE2 50 Year First Day Cover

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard TheQE2Story's Shop

Replies: 10
Views: 2299
Last post Nov 04, 2017, 11:03 AM
by Lynda Bradford
May 4th 2019 - 50 Years since QE2 Maiden Voyage event

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 60
Views: 35680
Last post Jul 15, 2019, 10:19 PM
by cunardqueen
Rob's Article in Maritime Matters of 19 January 2017

Started by June IngramBoard Discussions about QE2 while laid up (2008 to 2018)

Replies: 10
Views: 2019
Last post Jan 30, 2017, 06:32 PM
by cunardqueen