Author Topic: Q4 Souvenirs  (Read 905 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Q4 Souvenirs
« on: Sep 11, 2015, 08:50 AM »
Those of us who were fortunate enough to sail onboard QE2 will have souvenirs to remind us of our adventure.  But how many of you have Q4 souvenirs leading up to the launch? 

The Glasgow Herald advertised a historic souvenir issue for the sum of 2 shillings and 6 pence that included a colour print of the Q4 (9 1/2 inches by 14 inches).  I wonder how many of these special souvenir issues survived.  Do you have a copy?

What Q4 souvenirs do you know about or own?  We would love to learn more!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Cunarder Man

Re: Q4 Souvenirs
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2015, 10:41 AM »
Those of us who were fortunate enough to sail onboard QE2 will have souvenirs to remind us of our adventure.  But how many of you have Q4 souvenirs leading up to the launch? 

The Glasgow Herald advertised a historic souvenir issue for the sum of 2 shillings and 6 pence that included a colour print of the Q4 (9 1/2 inches by 14 inches).  I wonder how many of these special souvenir issues survived.  Do you have a copy?

What Q4 souvenirs do you know about or own?  We would love to learn more!
Sure I've got one, will check out next week and post a copy. Also have a ticket for a steamer trip to see launch of Q4.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2015, 03:06 PM »
That would be really cool if you have a copy.  8)  Would love to see the supplement!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2015, 03:11 PM »
Does anyone have photos of Q4's launch taken from a boat - a river view ?
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Press souvenirs

Started by FairfieldBoard QE2 Build Publications and Memorabilia

Replies: 2
Views: 655
Last post Sep 20, 2016, 09:31 AM
by Lynda Bradford