Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: 2016 Archive - July photo competition : Cold (closing 31 July 2015)  (Read 1762 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

This month's theme is "Cold", chosen by Alan Snelson.

This theme leaves plenty of room to the imagination, and we are looking forward to all the different associations between QE2 and "cold"!

The prize this month is the book "The British Cruise Ship, an illustrated history 1945 - 2014", by Ian Collard, donated by Rob Lightbody.

This is currently selling by Amazon for GBP 16.58 :
Amazon link : The British Cruise Ship, an Illustrated History 1945-2014

Alternatively, June Ingram has offered as a prize the jigsaw version of the winning photo. It will be interesting to see which is preferred!

The album is open -  so now is the time to look for your most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy memories of "cold" as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : COLD.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 July 2015. Voting will run from 1 August 2015 until 31 August 2015.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 09:57 AM by Lynda Bradford »

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: July photo competition : Cold (closing 31 July 2015)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2015, 04:37 PM »
The album is now ready in the Gallery for you to submit your photos for this month's theme Cold.  I believe that Wimbledon Tennis fans are experiencing high temperatures of around 35 degrees, so for everyone there and around the world who live in a hot climate Cold may be very appropriate.   :)

This theme leaves plenty of room to the imagination, and we are looking forward to all the different associations between QE2 and "cold"!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2015, 10:08 AM »
I have uploaded one photo to the Gallery and looking for more.  Remember even if you only have one photo that fits the theme we would still like to see it in the competition. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2015, 03:44 PM »
Thank you for the reminder, Lynda. I have now added my third picture. Not easy to choose the entries this month, but a lot of fun finding the right ones!

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=136

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Good interpretations of this month's theme "cold" such as QE2 passengers braving the cold on deck, delicious chilled food, or QE2 visiting colder places. 

Still time to upload your photos before the competition closes on Friday 31 July at midnight and there is the chance to win a prize.   

This months prize:
The prize this month is the book "The British Cruise Ship, an illustrated history 1945 - 2014", by Ian Collard, donated by Rob Lightbody.

This is currently selling by Amazon for GBP 16.58 :
Amazon link : The British Cruise Ship, an Illustrated History 1945-2014

Alternatively, June Ingram has offered as a prize the jigsaw version of the winning photo. It will be interesting to see which is preferred!

www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2015, 07:44 PM »
In the last few days of the month I am in my element when I prepare the poll for the monthly photo competition and take time to view and reflect on the wonderful photos submitted

Only a few hours left before the July competition closes so if you have photo(s) that fit the QE2 "cold" theme then why not upload them before midnight (BST) tonight

www.qe2event.com