Author Topic: QE2 Story get together on 175th Anniversary 2 July 2015 crossing  (Read 6373 times)

Offline Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
I think it is fabulous that there is to be a "QE2 Day" on board QM2.  Well done Cunard!  We will help promote this via tweets, Facebook and a mention in our newsletter.

If I'd been aboard for this trip (I wish! it was well out of my budget!!), I'd be helping "southfieldane" arrange a QE2 Story sponsored gathering... as the only QE2-specific forum for 6.5 years, it seems right!

I am compiling a roll call here - https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,6803.0.html - please add your name if you haven't already!
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2015, 11:59 AM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Twynkle

I think it is fabulous that there is to be a "QE2 Day" on board QM2.  Well done Cunard!  We will help promote this via tweets, Facebook and a mention in our newsletter.

If I'd been aboard for this trip (I wish! it was well out of my budget!!), I'd be helping "southfieldane" arrange a QE2 Story sponsored gathering... as the only QE2-specific forum for 6.5 years, it seems right!

I am compiling a roll call here - https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,6803.0.html - please add your name if you haven't already!

QE2 Get Togethers are always Good!
And sending every very best wish too, to Southfieldane - his plans sound Excellent.

Since QE2 reached Dubai - by personal reckonings, and as far as I'm aware,  there have been at the very least seven - one for each year, sometimes two, and spread between the three Cunard ships - each one attracting more than the previous Gathering.
As well as many Guests, these have included / involved / welcomed Crew from Commodore Rynd, Deck Officers, Crew members from many different departments, Engineers, Hotel Staff all the way through to the Housekeeping Night Gangs.
Many who sailed on board told sometimes hilarious, sometimes 'naughty' tales, and others with extremely interesting recollections, as well as sad stories.
We have been so fortunate - Rooms have been provided, emails sent to All departments and offers of help from the Entertainment team, the Executive Chef, the Bars, as well as many others! 
The first, on board  Queen Victoria drew several couples some of whom had met on board QE2, it was held in the Golden Lion with Gun, the lovely Social Hostess who was also missing QE2. 
Not the easiest of places to 'Gather as a Group - the remainder were in in places ranging from Boardrooms, Commodore Clubs, Hemispheres as well as Connexions, on board Queen Mary 2.
Rob - I have handed out very, very many of your TQS cards, and plan to take many more the next time we sail  ;)!
Each gathering has ended with a reminder of the Forum as well as praise for you and encouragement to all who've been present wishing to join in with their memories too.
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2015, 05:49 PM by Twynkle »

Offline Grill Britannia

Hi Rosie,
Just to say great fun meeting you again this morning while watching QM2 arrive. Looking forward to meeting more forum members once we get onboard.
QE2 Forever @RavelCat

Offline Bruce Nicholls

Sorry we will not make it to Liverpool with Lone Gerd (for her lift out and new anti-fouling paint) until Sunday. Time and tide were against us. Have a fabulous voyage.

Offline Twynkle

Sorry we will not make it to Liverpool with Lone Gerd (for her lift out and new anti-fouling paint) until Sunday. Time and tide were against us. Have a fabulous voyage.

Hi Bruce and S,
Actually, although it's so sad that we can't meet up (this time!), you and Lone Gerd mightn't have enjoyed coming up the river yesterday pm, the storm was impressive with a breeze to match!
Although You would have missed the best Deck 7 rendering of every Liverpool song we could think of, you might have had a struggle as Mighty Mary almost filled the river as she did a twirl for the Liver Birds...they too were in good voice!! Here's the Echo's version of what might be of interest on Sunday
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/transatlantic-175-guide-qm2-liverpool-9562860

Happy Indepenence Day to all from across to where we are heading!

On board QUeen Mary2 there is great excitement, with very many passengers as well as Crew who  are looking forward to the day for QE2 tomorrow.
Rob, I have some cards, and will print out more , just really, really wish you were here too! R.
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2015, 06:48 AM by Twynkle »