Author Topic: QE2 Story Jigsaw "QE2 - Pride of the Clyde" by Gary Lucas - presented by Gav  (Read 13845 times)

Offline pete cain

Well here we are (computer working at the moment , so able to post), not as able as Peter to do these things, even got LiznJim on board to help. but, the nearer it gets to completion the harder it seems to do ,maybe (or not) by the weekend  :-\

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Great work, Pete, and thanks to Liz and Supervisor Jim for their assistance.  QE2 (jigsaw) is looking great, and I am sure she is in no hurry to leave the safe and happy environment of Cain International Shipyard !   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline pete cain

Be finished by the weekend I recon, this shipyard struggles to compete with others , inspite of International mascot JIM , (in absentia yet again)
I post this for others, who might take on board the construction of said refit, for reference only.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Pete -

Thanks very much for your message, photo, and update about refit work.  I do see Mascot (supervisor) Jim is making his presence known on your computer screen !  QE2 does indeed look very good - excellent work on her refit !

June   :)

Offline pete cain

Thanks June, been a bit going on in our houshold lately, so glad to report some progress on the refit, Jim (the latest screen saver) is
Omnipresent if somewhat absent, get your head around that & explain if you can (don't bother ::) Pete...............

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Excellent work, Pete!

Looks like you have some very sophisticated working methods for this refit. And yes, my shipyard may take some of them on board for our next major order :) .

Glad to see Jim supervising in absentia...

Offline pete cain

Finished!!!,  in all her Glory, actually finished last weekend, but unable to post because of major computer failure. Anybody seen the part in African Queen where Humphry Bogart was holding the steam pie into its manifold to keep Queenie moving down the river ? , well that's me at the moment with this computer, might be time to say goodbye (or not-- hate throwing things away)
   Anyway I digress, had fun most times doing this one, plenty of frustration along the way, & lots of interuption ,with roofing work, my wifes broken hip to name a few oh & a totally indifferent foreman  ::). So I'll be somewhat reluctant in saying goodbye to the old girl again, next please.....

Congratulations, Pete!

All the more so since you showed such perseverance through such trials and the result is so beautiful :) .

Pete, it seems from the lists that we are due to do a swap -- you receive "Evening at Sea" from me and I receive "Pride of the Clyde" from you.

As I have a new 1,500-piece jigsaw (personalised gift from a group of friends) waiting for me now, I suggest that you send this one to June (next on the list) and let me know whether you would like to tackle "Evening at Sea", which would give your new foreman a good challenge to start with!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Great work, Pete, and very well done with all of the things happening at your shipyard this summer.  QE2 (jigsaw) looks stunning and I am sure she very much appreciates all of the fine attention lavished on her.

Hi Isabelle - I currently have QE2 (Liverpool Calling jigsaw) at my shipyard and her refit work has been held up due to the events of the summer and in assembling a proper refit crew.  Work, hopefully, to begin soon.  So I think I should wait a bit to receive QE2 (Evening at Sea jigsaw). 

June 

Offline pete cain

I know that Isabelle is down for this jig saw, but is a bit busy at the moment, so thought I'd enlist Jim to help move QE2 to another port until Isabelle has time.
 It's the chew or the jigsaw, what's it to be?
 He's moving in, c'mmon folks save the jigsaw

What's going to happen, save the jigsaw peoples, look out for the next post..............................

Offline pete cain

O K it's safe for the moment (until I run out of chews), so who's going to save it?? :P

Wonderful photos, Pete! I love how Jim supervises the jigsaw even after it is back in its box :) . With him around, no harm will come to it, I am quite sure!

However... since Jim (and his workers) has done his work so well, maybe indeed it is time for QE2 to set sail once more and take a well-earned rest at her next refit station. Once my other jigsaw is done, I shall be very happy to embark on QE2, and am looking forward to that.

I shall send you my address by PM.

Online Lynda Bradford

Well done Jim for guarding the jigsaw  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
O K it's safe for the moment (until I run out of chews), so who's going to save it?? :P

Fantastic!  Did you deliberately get a colour co-ordinated rug to go with Jim?
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline pete cain

Dear Rob, daren't tell you what state that rug was in a few weeks ago when he was really REALLY poorly, thought we were going to loose him.
 Isabelle has saved the day & will be dry docking this beauty soon, Jim however will await the arrival of QE2 at sunset with all his usual 
 what ever it is that he does(await chews).
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2016, 08:26 PM by pete cain »

Jigsaw under the Mauretania

Started by pete cainBoard The QE2 Story Jigsaws

Replies: 19
Views: 3158
Last post Dec 26, 2022, 08:29 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski
The QE2 Story Newsletter August 2011

Started by Andrew CollierBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 2148
Last post Sep 17, 2011, 11:53 AM
by Andrew Collier
QE2 Story Forum Virtual Tour

Started by June IngramBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 12
Views: 3349
Last post Jun 21, 2014, 02:28 PM
by Adam Hodson
QE2 Queen Elizabeth 2, the Authorised Story by Neil Potter and Jack Frost (1969)

Started by Mauretania1907Board Books, Videos and DVDs about QE2

Replies: 15
Views: 4081
Last post May 26, 2020, 12:49 AM
by June Ingram
October 2014 QE2 Story Newsletter

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 1524
Last post Dec 10, 2014, 08:18 PM
by Rob Lightbody