Author Topic: Something that's a reminder of QE2...?  (Read 41496 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: Something that's a reminder of QE2...?
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2014, 02:57 PM »
I have been struck by the fact that I am still carrying around with me (almost every single day!) several things brought from QE2 :

• a QE2 lanyard, on which I carry my staff card
  • the Cunard pouch which we received in 2006, in which I carry my ATM card as well as my very last QE2 security card.

I also use, every day at breakfast time, a QE2 mug bought on board. And stir my tea with a spoon that somehow never got returned to the Lido washing-up... And when I travel, I use a QE2 rucksack (which unfortunately is almost past repair at this stage and may have to be replaced). My "I Heart QE2" T-shirt is in regular use, and my bunch of keys has a QE2 anniversary keyring (a very special gift I received after 2008!).

Quite amazing -- almost 6 years since I last saw her, and she is still so much part of my everyday life...

Offline Willum

• QE2 Crew member
  • Caronia Diner
  • R/O and er, guitar picker.
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2014, 10:35 PM »
Whenever I hear  --         ''Bluuue, ------    Spaaaanish  Eyes, --------''   
Willum

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2014, 10:54 PM »

Tell us more, Willum..... ;D

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2014, 11:01 PM »

Happy Memories, Willum!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:03 PM by Twynkle »

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2014, 08:50 AM »
Black and White launch photos on the stair wall of QE2 sliding down the slipway into the Clyde that I see every time I go up and down the stairs, a Robert Lloyd print in the living room, that I am sitting looking at just now, QE2 teddy bears that have taken up residence in our spare room......and of course "The QE2 Story"
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Great to see how she is still a part of your lives every day even after 6 years. :)
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2014, 06:00 PM »
The memories, and if l ever loose them, please just shoot me....
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #82 on: Jun 04, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Walking below ground through Leicester Square underground today I was very aware of a really loud and wonderful sound - at exactly the very same pitch as QE2's whistle!
It was coming from an industrial size fan on a tripod, at the foot of the escalators;
it was so tempting to ask if it was up for being loaned out!

« Reply #83 on: Feb 02, 2015, 10:15 PM »
Key Lime Pie.

I ate some today -- first time since those midnight buffets on QE2. I could never resist the Key Lime Pie there, even if I had already eaten more than my fill of other goodies at dinner time.

I found some Key Lime Pie at Lidl today, made by that excellent firm GÜ. Highly recommended... although the Key Lime Pie on QE2 was even better :) .

Offline PaulInuk

« Reply #84 on: Apr 26, 2015, 08:12 PM »
My world cruise member badges, also signed chefs hats, working in the kitchen/s, some ephemera i have to, and she was built in uk

Offline cameroa

« Reply #85 on: Jun 01, 2015, 08:48 AM »
The tattoo on my right arm, my mobile phone's ring tone (QE2 whistle), the prints, photographs & paintings  around the walls and display cabinets full of Cunard QE2 china, glass, silverware and emphemera in one of my spare rooms. 😄??🚢

Online Brandon Sterkel

« Reply #86 on: Jun 01, 2015, 09:07 AM »
QE2 photos on my bulletin board, shirt and hat, items in my "cruise ship drawer", the QE2 luggage tag above my computer( thanks to Myles!), and the 1/200 model on my bookcase.
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Offline skilly56

« Reply #87 on: Aug 02, 2015, 02:29 PM »
These have been hanging on the bedroom door handles at home for 7 years now - for some weird reason they just don't work like they did on the ship!

Also discovered this photo of a mug - it might explain a family connection I have.

Skilly

Offline Chris

« Reply #88 on: Dec 07, 2015, 04:29 AM »
This reminded me of our ship today. A decal on the side of a local travel agency.
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Offline Chris

« Reply #89 on: Dec 09, 2015, 12:46 PM »
This is another reminder - QE2 champagne given to my dad by Commodore Warwick in 1998.
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Newsletter March 2014: Photo Competition Reminder

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 2157
Last post Mar 25, 2014, 02:01 PM
by Lynda Bradford