Author Topic: Something that's a reminder of QE2...?  (Read 41492 times)

Offline Louis De Sousa

• QE2 Crew member
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • QE2 The Greatest Ship Ever
Re: Something that's a reminder of QE2...?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 09, 2009, 10:23 AM »

I was yesterday in my basement sorting some boxes and came across this

Offline pete cain

This is so sad
« Reply #31 on: Jan 14, 2010, 08:40 PM »
I've got a pair of trainers that have traipsed miles & miles of QE2  decks & corridors, & trips ashore, but they are dangerous to wear ( & I know that the bit of plastic sole that trod those hallowed decks have worn away ) cos I've slipped & fallen my way about these last few weeks in the snow& ice, but I just cannot let them go, I've got a craghopper jacket I wore on 'that bit below the bridge' on the way into New York, in a thunderstorm at 5-00 am & it's got a collectors piece of QE2 soot on the sleeve, it isn't waterproof anymore , but I cannot let go ;because I wore it on the QE2,    to juxtapose the header to this post    is this so sad?....
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2010, 12:14 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Offline Stowaway2k

Re: This is so sad
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2010, 08:55 PM »
Perfectly normal!   ;D

I will never part with these Doc Martins, seen here taking my first steps onto the teak decks of QE2

Cruise_Princess

« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:18 PM »
Be assured,....you are NOT alone!   

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #34 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Ah... :'(
...Whilst on the subject of shoes - these have spent hours on The Bit Beneath the Bridge :) and  :'(
https://www.flickr.com/photos/watch_keeper/4274452137/in/set-72157620557118998/

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2010, 04:57 PM »
The air conditioning in my office.

There are times when I sit back and relax for a moment, aware of the fact that it resembles the background air conditioning noise on QE2 so very much... Indeed, the air conditioning here also indulges in the odd rumble or vibration... my office is located beside the shaft where it passes from floor to floor...

It is just when it stops at 20.00 hrs sharp in the evening, that I have am reminded that, on QE2, it never did that... and I hope it is still continuing, as ever, to blow and rumble along...  :'(

Offline Scott Ebersold

« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:04 PM »
When I first started working in the office building I'm in now, I was told the halls were designed to look like an ocean liner.  ... I don't know if I quite see that... but there is a lot of nice wood-work and smart doors all along a hall, so I guess so. 

But sometimes when I'm in the lobby area waiting for the elevators there is a smell that brings me right back to QE2.  I'm not sure what it is -  maybe the mix of wood, varnish, cleaning supplies and the grease from the elevator gears ... but for one second I am standing waiting for a lift near D stairwell.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2010, 08:59 AM »
London, SW6.
Along the Fulham Road, passing the Imperial Cancer Research Institute;
inside, there are Le Corbusier chairs - leather and chrome, in a waiting area.
They are reddish- brown in colour.

Wishing now that I knew whether there were Le Corbusier chairs on QE2!
Tried to find them here...Please, would anyone know?
They are bulky - maybe there weren't any!

Offline Chris

« Reply #38 on: Feb 10, 2010, 09:01 AM »
The internet reminds me of QE2 daily.

Like today when I stumbled across this image:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs166.snc3/19335_1116021359629_1799839654_239633_1236925_n.jpg
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #39 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:47 PM »
I have so many reminders of QE2 around the house, on 3 walls., the picture I love the most is over my fireplace..it is the painting by someone called Bauwens (2008)... called The Grandeur of the Queens...it was being featured in the book shop on QM2 in July 2008....it depicts the early morning arrival of the 3 Queens into New York Harbour on January 13,2008... with the beautiful QE2 in the centre, leading the way, followed by QM2 and then QV....another one I have on another wall is the painting of QE2 and QM2 in New York Harbour by James Flood (2004) called Cunard's Monarches of the Sea... and the last one, is a picture I sent for in the mail back in 1996 after sailing T A on QE2 for the first time... it is of QE2 sailing down the Hudson river in front of the World Trade Centre Twin Towers...this picture is surrounded by 3 smaller 8x10 pictures of QE2, one of her coming straight at you, one of her backend, loaded with passengers and the final one of the crew out on the bow taken in Valencia on the Mediterranean Sojourn.....so every day I see her..... and last June I decided to get myself a new Jeep... it is Cunard Red... and I call her "Lizzie"....and she has the Cunard crest on her dash.....
Chris said I was loyal and I guess I am !!
Linda

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #40 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:53 PM »
OH and I forgot one... Chris and Rachelle's book, QE2 A Photographic Journey is on my coffeetable !!

Linda

Offline Chris

« Reply #41 on: Feb 12, 2010, 10:09 AM »
Awhh! Thanks Linda :)
🎥 Check out my QE2 & Cruise Ship Videos: https://www.youtube.com/chrisframeofficial/

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #42 on: Feb 18, 2010, 06:04 PM »
Well, for Botellitas Humar®, this whisky bottle must be a reminder of QE2 :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46378167@N04/4362232159/

Sadly, now empty...

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #43 on: Feb 18, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Driving past the Mini Factory in Cowley, Oxford today
On the side of the main high building - there's this big, big wall, painted  black.
At the top of the black bit - are the words MINI
Then underneath, there's a big square, with possibly 75+ small rectangles
each being a flag of the world.

A perfect reminder of the QE2 Crew  :)
who wore the flag of their country on his or her lapel
(no flags on qV crew members!)
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2010, 07:29 PM by Twynkle »

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #44 on: Feb 20, 2010, 01:10 AM »
My family challenging me everyday saying, 'Dad, your collection of memorabilia is taking over the house - what are you going to do with it?' I love it - it reminds me of great days aboard.

Newsletter March 2014: Photo Competition Reminder

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 2157
Last post Mar 25, 2014, 02:01 PM
by Lynda Bradford