Author Topic: 2016 Archive - June photo competition : Your final shot of QE2 (closing on 30 June 2015)  (Read 2228 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

This month's theme is "Your final shot of QE2", chosen by Hamburger, the winner of the March competition.

This, of course, should be seen in the plural, as you have the chance to enter three photos, one of which will presumably be the very last one you took of her.

The prize this month is the QM2 book 'Queen Mary 2 - The First 10 Years' by Stephen Payne. This was created for passengers on QM2's 10th Anniversary crossings and is not available for sale. Donated by Cunard.

Alternatively, June Ingram has offered as a prize the jigsaw version of the winning photo. It will be interesting to see which is preferred!

The album is open -  so now is the time to look for your most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you happy / sad memories as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album.

This link will take you straight there : Your final shot of QE2.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 30 June 2015. Voting will run from 1 July 2015 until 31 July 2015.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015, 04:22 PM by Lynda Bradford »

My final shots of QE2 are now in the album. This time, no difficulty knowing exactly which to upload. All three were quite deliberately taken as final shots... and I have not seen QE2 since then...

This will be a sad collection, but one which brings up good memories all the same, I hope.

Online Twynkle

Hello Isabelle

Just one question!
Does the 'Final shot' mean an image taken before or as QE2 left Southampton (2008) or could it have been one taken on or after her final voyage?
Thank you
Rosie
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Just one question!
Does the 'Final shot' mean an image taken before or as QE2 left Southampton (2008) or could it have been one taken on or after her final voyage?

Well, I understand this to mean "the last photo you (yourself) took of QE2".

My three are (i) the very last picture I ever took of her, (ii) the last picture I took of her when I last stepped off board, and (iii) the last picture I took as I last stepped on board.

I am sure that everyone took at least one very last and final picture, and perhaps a couple of pictures taken with the knowledge that they might well be the last. Does this help?

Online Twynkle

Hi Isabelle
It Does, and thank you very much for useful thinking!
(Little did I know in 2008, that it definitely wouldn't be the final time)
Rosie
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online Lynda Bradford

Well, I understand this to mean "the last photo you (yourself) took of QE2".

My three are (i) the very last picture I ever took of her, (ii) the last picture I took of her when I last stepped off board, and (iii) the last picture I took as I last stepped on board.

I am sure that everyone took at least one very last and final picture, and perhaps a couple of pictures taken with the knowledge that they might well be the last. Does this help?

We have 19 photos uploaded so far, thank-you, but there is still time to upload the last photo you took of QE2. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

Mine were literally the last ones l took, from a moving object of a moving object with fireworks, not the best for autofocus !

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline cameroa

Mine were from the Seacat as she left Southampton and disappeared into the night like a brass button turning right, which I presume was towards Isle of Wight. We were the only 'viewing' vessel that went out thst far that night. I zoomed in as far as the camera could but it was quite blurred. I disembarked with a very heavy heart that night!! I will check them this weekend and see if one is good enough to upload.

Queen Elizabeth World Cruise 2016 HKG to DBX

Started by Cunarder ManBoard Past Events

Replies: 1
Views: 1102
Last post Jan 27, 2016, 02:58 PM
by Twynkle
Newsletter March 2016

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 1131
Last post Mar 27, 2016, 07:50 PM
by Lynda Bradford
May 2016 -- QE2 maintenance work (closed)

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 3
Views: 970
Last post May 28, 2016, 04:29 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski
July 2016 Newsletter

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 0
Views: 843
Last post Aug 11, 2016, 12:54 PM
by Lynda Bradford
October 2016 : Legend (closed)

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 4
Views: 606
Last post Oct 29, 2016, 09:26 AM
by Lynda Bradford