Adverts only show for non-members

Poll

What are your three favourite photos - please vote now!

The dark days lay ahead
1 (1.4%)
Night time reflections and all is well
0 (0%)
High above, the name of quality
1 (1.4%)
Portside
5 (7%)
Dock
8 (11.3%)
Yacht Club
6 (8.5%)
The Blue Queen
2 (2.8%)
The Bit Beneath the Bridge
8 (11.3%)
Royal Illumination
2 (2.8%)
Goodnight QE2
7 (9.9%)
Shining Bright
6 (8.5%)
Remember Remember QE2
8 (11.3%)
Dance practice in the Queen's Room
5 (7%)
Daylight in the Grand Lounge
0 (0%)
Princess Grill lights
2 (2.8%)
Deck lighting
0 (0%)
Lights on the Control Panel
2 (2.8%)
Queen's Room Light
0 (0%)
Princess Grill Champagne Bar
4 (5.6%)
By the Funnel
1 (1.4%)
Moon-Light
2 (2.8%)
Looking back on another fine day
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: 2016 Archive - Poll for May Photo Competition "Lighting on QE2 (interior/exterior)  (Read 4568 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

Photo of the month competition - instructions on how to vote for your favourite photo

Thank-you to Mike Difiore the winner of the February competition, who suggested the theme, "Lighting on QE2" for the May Photo Competition. 

Plus a big thank-you to everyone who submitted photos, which we really appreciate

Voting is easy but you need to be a forum member and log into the forum to vote.  Even if you have not submitted photos please support those who have participated by choosing your three favourite photos, noting the details then tick the relevant box on the poll.  But if you have submitted photos please do not vote for the photos you have entered. 

To make it easier for you we have posted the photos below, however you can also view the photos in the Gallery.   When there are many entries you will probably get a better view of the photos in the Gallery where you can see them all at once, in thumbnail form plus you can view larger versions of the pictures by clicking on the photo to see medium size, then  click again, to see them in large size.

Click on the Gallery button from the forum or click on this link:
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=134

The prize this month is the book East of Suez, Liners to Australia in the 1950s & 1960s, by William H Miller and Tim Noble donated by Rob Lightbody.

Alternatively, June Ingram has offered as a prize the jigsaw version of the winning photo. It will be interesting to see which is preferred!

You will not see the results until after the voting has closed on 1 July 2015 giving other time zones the chance to catch up with the voting deadline. 

Please enjoy viewing these fantastic photos and thank-you for voting:)

« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015, 04:21 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

The dark days lay ahead

Night time reflections and all is well

High above, the name of quality

Portside

Dock

Yacht Club

The Blue Queen

The Bit Beneath the Bridge

Royal Illumination

Goodnight QE2

Shining Bright

Remember Remember QE2

Dance practice in the Queen's Room

Daylight in the Grand Lounge

Princess Grill lights

Deck lighting

Lights on the Control Panel

Queen's Room Light

Princess Grill Champagne Bar

By the Funnel

Moon-Light

Looking back on another fine day
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2015, 12:14 AM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Thank you, Lynda, for having prepared the poll and the photos ready for everyone to enjoy and choose.

The poll is now open -- please have a look and vote for your three favourites before the end of June :) .

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Thank you, Lynda, for setting up this month's photo competition !   :)

Every month, it seems to get more and more difficult to choose three photos out of all entered.  This month, I am not sure how I will make a decision.  Every last one is spectacular and many evoke that "warm and welcoming QE2 feeling" while others so well display her power, elegance, and grace !

These seem to me, at least for this month's selections, rather poignant as we wait and reflect on the fate of our beloved ship, and anxiously await news that will be good. 

June 
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online cunardqueen

Well l must say, normally there are a few photos that set themselves out from the rest, but this topic and selection im finding impossible to select three...
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline frazscot

Just voted and what a super selection of pix !    I guess I'm just a silly sausage but the Yacht Club picture brough a tear to my eyes..................what memories !   

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
I just submitted my votes and I do think this was the most difficult challenge of all of the photo competitions so far.  QE2 in so many night time lightings seemed especially nostalgic.  All of the entries were awesome !   :)

Offline pete cain

New years resolution ------ just voted, c'mmon folk do likewise ;)

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
Just a few days left to make your vote count. There are currently two photos tied for first place, could your vote separate them?
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

18 hours left to vote! There are three photos running neck-and-neck at present, your vote might make all the difference :) .

Congratulations to three joint winners this month!

The extraordinarily atmospheric "Dock", by Hamburger :

The beautiful "Bit Beneath the Bridge" in a night time shot, bringing out that wonderful architecture, by Stowaway2k :

The funnel surrounded by fireworks in "Remember Remember QE2" by Cunarder Man :

All three are beautiful pictures, showing QE2 as we want to remember her, at her best.

The runner-up was "Goodnight QE2", also by Cunarder Man, the late night Lido with its atmospheric lighting :

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures with us here!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Congratulations to Hamburger and Stowaway 2k and to Cunarder Man for these amazing awe-inspiring, dramatic, and poignant photos of our beloved QE2 !  They capture her in all of her glory !   :)

Online cunardqueen

I wonder when and where these pics were taken, Theres always a story behind the photos.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline cameroa

It would be great to get a little background info when they are posted.

I wonder when and where these pics were taken, Theres always a story behind the photos.

We often give more information in the Album when posting them there :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=134

I see that I did not, on this occasion. My three photos were all taken in September 2008, during the "Autumn Colours" transatlantic cruise. I spent a lot of that longish cruise photographing QE2, as I knew I would not have that chance again.

Good idea to make sure we mention the year at least. This will help us to date QE2's many changes.

Offline Stowaway2k

Thanks everyone! :)

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
Congratulations to our three joint winners Hamburger, Stowaway2k and Cunarderman.

I am going to be spoilt for choice when it comes to selecting the photos for the 2016 QE2 Story calendar.
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!