Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth 2, Transatlantique, film by LP Capelle and R Rombout (1993)  (Read 4884 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

A very kind and generous offer, l would love to take you up on this. lm hoping like hell you will charge for postage  and even include a monetry donation and if payment can be made via paypal even better..

Great, Myles, and thank you! No problem about the postage -- but of course if you feel like it, you can send an equivalent donation to Forum funds when you receive the video. I assume your address is unchanged :) .

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
I would as well very much like a copy, but also do want to contribute.  This is indeed quite an opportunity !  :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

I would as well very much like a copy, but also do want to contribute.  This is indeed quite an opportunity !  :)

Thank you, June. The first two parcels went out today!

I shall be very happy to send you the American video version :) .

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Many thanks, Isabelle !   :) :)

Online Lynda Bradford

I would have liked a video Isabelle but happy to be at the back of the queue so as to let other forum members get the opportunity to get one first!
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Andy Holloway

Watching this film brings back many happy memories of my 5 years aboard QE2 as Chief Security Officer and reminds me of just what it felt like to leave Southampton/New York at the start of another 'trannie'!.

It brings a lump to my through remembering just how i felt on my first 'trannie', the feeling of trepidation and anticipation, followed 5 days later by that feeling of; " I don't want this to end, can we not just turn around and go back?"
I remember my first solo 'trannie',  i made a list of things i needed to do then, when we got to New York, i was only half way down the list, but it had trebled in length!

Lots of familiar faces as well, Andrew Graham who i served with on Royal Viking Sun [RVS] in 1996, at 10.08, the Senior Officers line up, John Duffy - Hotel Manager, on the left and Ron Bolton - Staff Captain, on the right, both sadly no longer with us. Ron was Staff Captain on RVS in 1996 and Captain of Caronia some years later.

So looking forward to watching the rest.

Lots of videos still available, in both European and American formats, and I shall be taking any orders to the post office at the end of this week. Please let me know your address if you would like one!

I would be so sorry if many of them stayed here gathering dust, while they could be out with you being enjoyed.

Offline Waverley

I recently received a copy of this superb video from Isabelle and I highly recommend that you request a copy as soon as you can. Since there are only 50 copies which were very kindly given to Isabelle by Louis- Philippe Capelle for her to distribute free to forum members.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching all aspects of the transatlantic voyage and great to see the ship and behind the scenes too. This is a "must have" video and I am so pleased that I was given the opportunity to view it.

You must have a copy as well. Thanks to Isabelle you can !!!
You won't be disappointed. See Isabelle's previous post.

13 videos have now been sent out, 12 of these in PAL and one in NTSC. I hope they arrive quickly and safely, to be enjoyed by the recipients. 11 have gone to the UK, one to the USA and one to Australia.

I am very grateful to Louis-Philippe Chapelle for his generous offer to this Forum!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 08:58 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online Andy Holloway

My copy arrived while i've been away at the RHS Chatsworth Flower Show, really looking forward to watching it, many thanks to all concerned in it's provision.

Incidentally, at Chatsworth Cunard were sponsoring The Piano Stage, providing information about future cruises, and giving away free 'Cunard' bags, very useful at a flower show when you do buy plants etc that you hadn't intended to!

There were two 'marketing lads' from some agency dress in the old Cunard Bell Boy uniforms assisting the Cunard ladies. A lovely moment when i realised i knew one of the ladies manning the stand. She had been working in the S'ton Office when i was on QE2, we used to have a lot of dealings with her when she was arranging ship tours for guests on S'ton turnaround days.

Online Lynda Bradford

My copy of the video was delivered yesterday and I am really looking forward to getting it transferred into a DVD so that I can watch it. 

Thank-you to Louis-Phillip Chapelle for giving the videos to The QE2 Story so that our members can enjoy the film.

Thank-you also to Isabelle who has taken on the task of sending the videos to members who requested a video and to everyone who requested a video and who have donated to the forum funds. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline pete cain

AND THEY SAID V H S  was dead !
   Thank you Isabelle, I can only second what Lynda said previously. will report soon .....

Offline rough crossing

Hello there,

My copy duly arrived safely yesterday - so just got to get the VHS player out and dusted off! Many thanks for sending the tape so promptly - am looking forward to playing it very soon.

Cheers,

Jim

Online cunardqueen

My video arrived today, Thanks very much to all concerned , for the donating of the videos and for the time taken to post them out, far and wide.
Now l need to figure out how to connect up the Video player, cant think when l last used one .
I wonder if this was ever shown onboard on the incabin TV, they used to show a lot of superb videos
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline pete cain

Isabelle,
 thank you so much, just finished watching, slightly grainy, music a wee bit distorted, well that's  V H S magic just like QE2.
  I know it's out there on Youtube  et al, but owning an 'original ' especially when you have gone to so much trouble & expense, makes it rather special to me, that & knowing we'll never ever see the likes again makes it makes it more so!.
  I think that Louis-Phillipe  needs an extra thank you for making these copies available to the forum & taking time out to deliver them to you, after all he could've just binned them, a real nice gesture :)

Offline Grill Britannia

My video arrived safely on Monday and I watched it tonight on my VHS/DVD combo player/recorder so will probably transfer it onto DVD as well.
Thank you very much Louis Phillipe Capelle for making/donating the videos and to Isabelle for posting them out to us. Loved the nostalgic feel to the film and the chance to see the ship from so many different angles. Also over the French sub titles!
QE2 Forever @RavelCat

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
My video has arrived !  And I can not wait to view it !

Many thanks to Louis-Philippe Capelle for making these marvelous videos available to us !  And many thanks to Isabelle for packaging them and sending them out to us ! 

:)

I am so glad to read that all the videos posted in the first batch have safely arrived and are being enjoyed. Louis-Philippe Capelle has done us here in the Forum a big favour by letting us have so many copies of his masterpiece as a free gift.

I shall be happy to send out a second batch. If you would like to receive one of the videos as part of that batch, please let us know here or send an email to <admin@theqe2story.com>. The videos are available in both European and American formats.

Offline Twynkle

Oooh! What a Treat!

Have only just found this superb video and cannot say just how much we are appreciating it.
It is tempting to think and say "Those really were the best days at sea.."
We owe great thanks to the film makers, as well as so many crew and all who helped to make it.
Rosie.
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2020, 12:58 PM by Twynkle »
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

3D Queen Mary "model" on Google Earth / Google Maps

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 2
Views: 1554
Last post Aug 03, 2016, 08:25 PM
by cunardqueen
Queen Mary operator files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 5
Views: 282
Last post Feb 17, 2021, 04:26 PM
by Rod
Steven Adler, QE2 Waiter, Queen's Grill 1981-1985

Started by adlerscBoard QE2 Officers & Crew & Workers Introductions

Replies: 44
Views: 14227
Last post Jul 05, 2020, 04:05 PM
by Vincent Scriven
Queen Victoria's new cruise 17 Oct 2012

Started by tdicksonBoard Past Events

Replies: 1
Views: 1385
Last post Sep 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
by Barrie Evans
Queen Mary Bell-boy tell his stories

Started by Stowaway2kBoard RMS Queen Mary (1936)

Replies: 0
Views: 3277
Last post Aug 18, 2013, 01:59 PM
by Stowaway2k