Poll

has anyone got or know of QE2 Model Plans

Can any one help
1 (50%)
Know of plans
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Model Drawings  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Peter Sutton

• Lido Diner
  • QE2 is Design and workmanship at its best
Model Drawings
« on: Jan 05, 2015, 03:35 PM »
Hi All , can anyone help me find Model plans for the QE2 , I have tried the following- Liverpool maritime, glassgow uni(who hold all John Browns Drawings) Greenwich Maritime , and all with the same outcome , you can buy full size plans and reduce them at a large cost (had to sit down for that) and a lot of drawing was required, I have contacted Model Boats with no luck , a mode plans service called MAP did sell them but have gone out of business , tried lots more plan services again with no luck , a member called John suggested Greenwich , again cost outways the prodject, I would like to build a model of her but need your help please.

Offline Lachlan

Re: Model Drawings
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2015, 12:24 AM »
Hi Peter,

Somewhere on the forum there is a lengthy discussion about plans for QE2 for model-building. Don't worry about the University of Glasgow archives - I found that the plans they think are the QE2 are actually the plans of what was known as "Q3" which was abandoned and a subsequent design became QE2. In other words, they are plans of another ship.

Someone will have a more helpful suggestion and I am sure there are people who have both the body plans and General Arrangement drawings and hopefully they will help.

Two other things to think about - you will need to decide what scale you're going to use and what version of the ship you are going to make a model of. That is, as she was when launched, or as she was after one of her numerous refits or as she was when she finished in 2008.

Regards,

Lachlan

A suggestion is to contact Adrian Brewer of Floataboat in Melbourne. He has a web site and I know that he was doing some drawings of QE2 which he might help you with.

Offline Peter Sutton

• Lido Diner
  • QE2 is Design and workmanship at its best
Re: Model Drawings
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2015, 12:45 AM »
Many thanks Lachlan for your help ,when she was first built is what I would like and scale  at this time is is not a worry just getting some plans is the big step forward, in the meantime I will contact Adrian ,in Melbourne.

Many thanks for your help
           Peter
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2016, 05:37 PM by Peter Sutton »

QE2 Model

Started by John Alwyn-JonesBoard Passengers & Enthusiasts Introductions

Replies: 18
Views: 2494
Last post Apr 28, 2022, 08:20 PM
by cunardqueen
QE2 Paper Model

Started by Anubhav MitraBoard QE2 Models and Paintings

Replies: 28
Views: 4074
Last post Jul 21, 2021, 12:27 AM
by June Ingram
Virtual QE2 Model

Started by Bob C.Board QE2 Models and Paintings

Replies: 204
Views: 37501
Last post Jun 27, 2024, 09:27 AM
by Lynda Bradford
The Mauretania model on board QE2 (Heritage Trail)

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Artwork and Heritage on board QE2

Replies: 27
Views: 14771
Last post Oct 07, 2015, 04:24 PM
by Louis De Sousa
1/192 scratchbuilt model, work in progress!

Started by matdarkBoard QE2 Models and Paintings

Replies: 27
Views: 8564
Last post Jan 29, 2016, 09:04 AM
by Lachlan