Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: 2016 Archive - November 2014 Photo Competition: QE2 and New York  (Read 1213 times)

Online Lynda Bradford

This month's theme is "QE2 and New York", chosen by Hamburger, the winner of the August competition.

This should be a great theme for photos taken either from on board or from shoreside.

The prize for the winner will be a copy of "Queen Victoria, a photographic journey" (new soft cover book) donated by the author Chris Frame

visit Chris Cunard's web site for more information

The album is open -  so now is the time to look for your most interesting pictures on this theme. Wishing you fun as you search your photo collection to find up to three pictures to upload to the competition album:   Click here to go to the album now.

If you have not uploaded photos to the Forum Gallery before, have a look at these instructions, and if you have any problems, just contact us on admin@theqe2story.com. You could even email the photos to this address, and we can upload them for you.

The deadline for submitting photos is 30 November 2014. Voting will run from 1 December 2014 until 31 December 2014.

We look forward to seeing your photos in this month's competition. 

Enjoy yourselves!  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2014, 07:30 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Re: November 2014 Photo Competition: QE2 and New York
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2014, 07:37 PM »
Thank you, Lynda, for setting up the call for entries -- and you, Chris, for the wonderful prize!

Looking forward to lots of "QE2 and New York" pictures -- there must be plenty of them about, after all these years :) .

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2014, 10:34 AM »
I have uploaded my three entries for this month's photo competition "QE2 and New York".

Mid way through the month and we do not have a lot of entries, so if you took photos sailing into or out of New York, or of QE2 when she was docked in New York,  we would love to see them entered for the competition. 

I am sure there are lots of wonderful photos in your photos albums, so have a look and choose your three best pictures to upload.

Remember there is the opportunity to win this fabulous prize.
The prize for the winner will be a copy of "Queen Victoria, a photographic journey" (new soft cover book) donated by the author Chris Frame

visit Chris Cunard's web site for more information
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2014, 08:18 PM »
Probably one of the most stunning photos taken with the Twin Towers...
These dare l say were stock shots taken by the wonderful onboard photographers.
From the days of Ocean Pictures.
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2014, 09:32 AM »
Thanks Myles for letting us see the QE2 photo dept photos, which are stunning and thanks also for entering your own photos for the competition. 

Keep looking for your "QE2 and New York" photos and enter them for this month's competition.https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=127
www.qe2event.com

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2014, 07:40 PM »
A collection of brilliant photos once again this month! :)
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2014, 05:58 PM »
I added a few of mine.  Tough to decide as she is so photogenic from every angle.
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/