Author Topic: 2015 Archive - 2015 QE2 Story Calendar  (Read 17108 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
2015 Archive - 2015 QE2 Story Calendar
« on: Oct 15, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Alan's been hard at work, and the calendar is nearing completion.  It looks absolutely superb, as I'm sure you can imagine if you had last year's, and if you've seen this year's photos throughout the year.

Watch this space!!   :)    :D
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 10:11 AM by Lynda Bradford »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: 2015 QE2 Story Calendar - Coming Soon !
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Thank you very much, Rob, for letting us know that the new QE2 calendar is almost ready.  And many thanks to Alan for making up the calendar for us.  To have our beloved QE2 in sight in calendar form at our desks and in our homes is a wonderful and much appreciated comfort !  I shall look forward with anticipation to more news !  June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online cunardqueen

Re: 2015 QE2 Story Calendar - Coming Soon !
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2014, 09:56 PM »
  Watch this space!!         
We are !
Anybody seen the new Cunard calendar ?
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
2015 QE2 Story Calendar available to order now !!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2014, 06:07 PM »
We are delighted to announce that QE2 Story 2015 calendars are now available for you to order, they are available to anyone, not just forum members, and can be ordered through the links listed below.

Once gain we have two different choices on offer, The Premium and The Standard, details of which are outlined below. All photographs used in each calendar are the same, although the choice of cover image is different between the two versions due to the differing formats of the layout. We have simply swapped images so that the cover image of one will be found on the inside pages of the other and vice-versa.

This year, the calendar website Lulu.com has lowered the base unit price for each calendar by £1.00 compared to the 2014 price. While in 2014 we made no mark up on any calendar sales the moderators have agreed, after some discussion, to include a small margin on the sale of the 2015 calendars to go towards the running costs of the forum.

As a result, 40p from each sale will go into the forum funds so that we can continue to provide you all with the most comprehensive and best possible QE2 information resource and discussion facility available and we trust that all members will be in agreement. The calendar will still be 50p cheaper than last year's.

We all hope you enjoy the new calendar and the memories that it will stir in you. Let’s all hope for a brighter year ahead for QE2.

The QE2 Story 2015 Premium Calendar
The cover of this calendar measures 19 inches by 13.5 inches. It is spiral bound along the top (13.5 inch) edge and has a hanging hole just below the binding. The pages of the calendar also measure the same as the cover and comprise an image pane at the top of the page which measures approximately 13.5 inches by 9.5 inches.  Beneath this is the day/date section which is roughly the same size. There is nothing printed on the reverse of each page.

This version costs £14.49 +p&p and taxes and can be previewed and ordered through the following link.
http://www.lulu.com/content/legacy-lulustudio-calendar/the-qe2-story-2015-premium-calendar/15419413

The QE2 Story 2015 Standard Calendar
The cover of this calendar measures 11 inches by 8.5 inches. It is spiral bound along the top (11 inch) edge and has a hanging hole opposite to the binding. The calendar opens to a size of 17 inches by 11 inches with the spiral binding in the centre. When open the image pane at the top measures 11 inches by 8.5 inches.  Beneath this is the day/date section which is roughly the same size. On the reverse of each day/date page is the following month’s image pane.

This version costs £9.49 +p&p and taxes and can be previewed and ordered through the following link.
http://www.lulu.com/content/legacy-lulustudio-calendar/the-qe2-story-2015-standard-calendar/15471728

« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2014, 10:23 PM by Rob Lightbody »
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Online cunardqueen

Re: 2015 QE2 Story Calendar
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2014, 06:38 PM »
Thats mine ordered, the larger one. Who else has placed an order, lets show our support !

Cant help but think keep the price the same and boost the funds slightly.
and the recent photos of the building of QE2, what a cover they would have made !

Well done all the gang for yet again producing a masterpiece.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Thank you, Alan, very much for your post regarding the 2015 QE2 Story calendars.  It is a marvelous idea to have a portion of the sale's price go toward Forum expenses.  Thank you very much to Alan and to all who have helped produce this year's calendar in honor of our beloved QE2 !  Thank you very much to all those whose photos appear in this year's calendar.  It is a wonderful way to be close to our QE2 every day and the calendars make wonderful gifts.  The calendar's are keepsake items, so one to use day to day and one to keep forever is a good idea.  I have the large version of the 2014 calendar in my teaching studio and the photos are a great way to start a conversation with students of all ages about our QE2.  Let's support The Forum and have the opportunity to enjoy our QE2 year round !

June   :)

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2014, 10:12 AM »
I have found the quality of the previous QE2 story calendars bought from Lulu to be good.  If I can remember right the delivery time was quicker one year than the other, but I was still happy with the service. 

If you are thinking about buying a calendar(s) there is a 25% discount code that can be applied up to 13 November. 

Enter the code 25CAL at the check out stage and make sure the code has been accepted and the discount is showing before proceeding to payment.  This discount is applied to the price before tax and postage is added, but it is still a good discount. 

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2014, 09:23 PM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2014, 03:53 PM »
Calendar Newsletter Amendment

I had sent a newsletter to Forum members to let everyone know that the Calendar is ready to order.  Unfortunately I had copied the same measurements for the two Calendars.  My apologies for this and any confusion this may cause. The measurements are as noted above, the premium version is 19 inches by 13.5 inches and the standard version measures 11 inches by 8.5 inches.
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2014, 10:35 AM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2014, 05:50 PM »
Just ordered my calendars !!   :D

One Premium for my teaching studio
One Standard for my office at work
One Standard for my home
One Standard for a friend in London

I can not put words to the amount of enjoyment I received and am receiving from the calendars this year, and I very much look forward to the 2015 calendars !  Also the fact that a small amount from each sale will benefit The QE2 Story is all the more gratifying !

Superb work, Alan, and thank you very much for making up the calendars !!

June   :D

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2014, 06:31 PM »
June l hope they gave you a good discount for the bulk order !

I do wonder if there is any way the forum can keep track of how many have been ordered, it would be interesting to hear if one size was more popular than the other or even how far and wide they are being sent.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Alan can see how many have been ordered, I'm sure he'll let us know.  The numbers ordered last year reinforced for us the fact that we have to use a system like Lulu (low numbers makes it impossible to economically get them professionally printed in addition to the huge extra hassle factor of doing it this way).
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2014, 06:59 PM »
June l hope they gave you a good discount for the bulk order !

I do wonder if there is any way the forum can keep track of how many have been ordered, it would be interesting to hear if one size was more popular than the other or even how far and wide they are being sent.

It is indeed possible and something I keep an eye on. So far there have ben 16 ordered of which 7 are Standard.
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2014, 07:51 PM »
Just to let you all know that there is a new web page available to promote the calendars with.

Please let all your friends know about the calendar by emailing them, facebooking them, twittering them, phoning them, visiting them etc. etc. etc and this is the link to give them :-

http://www.theqe2story.co.uk/QE2Shop/2015Calendar/

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2014, 08:30 PM »
I just posted the link on Facebook for the general public to see.

Offline Barrie Evans

« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2014, 10:21 PM »
I just posted the link on Facebook for the general public to see.
this is the second year I'm having trouble trying to place my order with these LuLu people. In fact I gave up last year and did not purchase one.
Bring back Lynda I say. She did a magnificent job the first year we had the Calendar.
Mr Angry of Hextable.

September 2015 Newsletter

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 1
Views: 1714
Last post Sep 28, 2015, 05:56 PM
by June Ingram
Queen Victoria 22 May 2015 Three Queens in Liverpool

Started by Cunarder ManBoard Past Events

Replies: 15
Views: 3982
Last post May 24, 2015, 12:39 AM
by Twynkle
Lusitania Anniversary events 2009 - 2015

Started by KEVBoard Ships

Replies: 9
Views: 3398
Last post Jul 24, 2015, 01:58 PM
by Chris
QE2 in Dubai 2008-2015 (Louis' Photo Gallery on Flickr)

Started by Louis De SousaBoard Discussions about QE2 while laid up (2008 to 2018)

Replies: 1
Views: 1867
Last post Dec 24, 2015, 08:56 AM
by Louis De Sousa
December 2015 competition : Art work on QE2 (closed)

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Archived Topics (older calendars)

Replies: 3
Views: 1687
Last post Dec 22, 2015, 05:18 PM
by pete cain