Author Topic: QE2Story Jigsaw "Liverpool Calling" by Alan Kirby, presented by June Ingram  (Read 9765 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Many thanks for the update on the most recent refit for our QE2 (Jigsaw No.736C).

The interior work is progressing well, but has been delayed a bit, as one of the key workers was careless and had an accident while cycling to a local pub during his off duty hours. His arm is now covered in plaster, and while we are waiting for his replacement to take up duty, work has been slowed down.

I am glad to see that a discussion on QE2 artwork and future jigsaws is taking place in the meantime, here :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,6056.0.html

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Hi Isabelle -

Thank you very much for your message and so sorry to hear that one of the key workers has been injured in an accident.  I do hope that key worker will make a speedy recovery.  I am sure, though, that our beloved QE2 (Jigsaw No.736C) is enjoying her time moored at your house where she is safe and sound. 

June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Hi Isabelle -

Thank you very much for your message and so sorry to hear that one of the key workers has been injured in an accident.  I do hope that key worker will make a speedy recovery.  I am sure, though, that our beloved QE2 (Jigsaw No.736C) is enjoying her time moored at your house where she is safe and sound. 

June   :)

I am afraid the time has come to confess that the injured crew member is myself, although I am sure that you might have guessed! Although I was not actually cycling to a pub at nighttime, but running an errand during broad daylight, I did take a massive fall together with my bicycle and fractured a bone in my elbow. And so, I shall have to wear a plaster covering my entire left arm for a total of five weeks.

All this happened while I was away from base, and for the time being, I am not allowed to travel. My jigsaw crew is also unwilling to finish the puzzle without me, and so, it is waiting at home for me to return.

Deepest apologies to both June and Lynda, as for the time being there is nothing that I can do about the situation. Meanwhile, I am so happy that my computer takes dictation, as this enables me to stay in touch via the Forum.

The QE2 (jigsaw) is safe and well cared for, but work on the hull will not resume for a while... looking forward to it greatly though!

Offline Twynkle

Hello Isabelle,

Hoping that it'll be very soon that  you and your elbow will be beginning to recover from what must have been a nasty shock and really tricky accident.  Sending you lots and lots of Good Wishes - as well as thoughts, and a pm!  :)
Rosie

QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Isabelle -

I want to send to you all good wishes for a very speedy recovery !

June  :)

Offline Grill Britannia

Hi there,

Hope Isabelle that your injury is recovering?

Don't want to appear pushy but could I add my name for a go at this lovely jigsaw?
Also is there any possibility of it being able to be purchased?
Regards to all.
Just watching a repeat of "QE2 The Last Voyage" on BBC Four tonight.
Catherine D

8)
QE2 Forever @RavelCat

Hope Isabelle that your injury is recovering?
Don't want to appear pushy but could I add my name for a go at this lovely jigsaw?

Hi Catherine,
Thank you so much for your good wishes! My injury is healing, slowly, and my expectation is that I shall be able to return home very soon and should have finished the jigsaw in two weeks' time.

Very glad to add you to the list!

This is what I have for our QE2's itinerary (Jigsaw No. 736C) so far -

After Isabelle's house, then
Lynda Bradford
Alan Snelson
Peter Mugridge
Pete Cain

To which list we can now add June herself, and Catherine (Grill Britannia). Apart from June, everyone else seems to be based in the UK (I think).

June, as the owner of the jigsaw, when would you like to tackle it yourself? In other words, shall I send the jigsaw to you or to Lynda when the refit is done and QE2 shines once again in Liverpool, complete with port and some weather?

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Isabelle -

Thank you very much for your post.  I am very pleased to learn that your injury is healing and that you will soon be back to our QE2's refit. 

That is great to add Catherine's name to the list and also Jim Bennett and my name.

I would say to circulate our QE2 (jigsaw) in the UK, and then she can come along to me on an Atlantic voyage.  Maybe at that point in time, Rod might like a go at her refit too. 

While I was the originator or this jigsaw of our beloved QE2 using Alan Kirby's superb photo and with Alan Snelson's help in preparing the image for production, I feel she belongs to all of us here on The Forum !

Catherine, I am inquiring of Ravensburger about obtaining copies of 'Liverpool Calling' as well as our new forthcoming puzzle 'Evening at Sea', and I will share that info as soon as I hear.  'Evening at Sea' is using Peter Mugridge's wonderful painting and Alan Snelson has also prepared the image for production.

June :)

Online Lynda Bradford

This is what I have for our QE2's itinerary (Jigsaw No. 736C) so far -

After Isabelle's house, then
Lynda Bradford
Alan Snelson
Peter Mugridge
Pete Cain

Have I left someone off the list inadvertently ?

June  :)

Would it be possible to change the order so that I receive the jigsaw last.  My back has been giving me a bit a problem recently and I would prefer to try the jigsaw later. 

Thanks
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Lynda --

I am sorry to hear that your back is bothering you and I do hope you feel better soon !

Let's revise the list and I think there are some more names to add --

Isabelle P.
Alan S.
Peter M.
Pete C.
Catherine
Jim B.
John ?
Lynda B.
June
Rod ?

Please reply if your name has been inadvertently left off the list or if you would like to join "The QE2 Story Jigsaw Club" !

June   :D

Glad to say that some progress is being made :

First, the hull was completed and also the port itself.

But the weather is very difficult indeed, and it is only piece by piece that the meteorologists are working out what to do about the sky :

And so, it may take another while until the sky is in place... I am out of practice...

Looking forward to hearing how fast Peter M can do this!!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Great work, Isabelle !  Our QE2 looks grand in Liverpool and she has been in very good hands for her very first refit.  And of course with changing weather conditions, the meteorologists will have quite a time in completing the sky, but that is to be expected !  June   :D

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Looking forward to hearing how fast Peter M can do this!!

I think I just heard the thud of a gauntlet being thrown to the ground!  :)
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Rod

Bottom 2 pics make it look like snow is falling! An omen perhaps?

Bottom 2 pics make it look like snow is falling! An omen perhaps?

I like that, Rod! May she be back in Liverpool by the time the snow falls...

Another tiny bit of progress to report -- following QE2's smoke trail  :) :

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Isabelle -

Your meteorologists are progressing nicely.  And wouldn't it be nice to have our QE2 back in time for snowfall ?

June   :D

The meteorologists have issued their forecasts and been proved right -- QE2 in Liverpool is surrounded by blustery weather, with sunny spells and the odd brief flurry of snow.

As there is a fair chance that I might be able to show you the final version tomorrow or on Saturday, it would help me greatly to know who would like to take it next?

Lynda? Peter? I would be very grateful to receive your address so that I have it when packing the parcel.

Not an easy one, this, I found -- but it may just be my jigsaw skills getting older and weaker, like the rest of me ;D !

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
My address is now in your PM box.  :D
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Looking forward to seeing QE2 (jigsaw) in all her glory in Liverpool !  Good work, Isabelle !   :)

Good news! The jigsaw was completed this evening, all pieces were there, with one extra piece from another jigsaw to add to the fun, and the wonderful box has been repacked in the parcel in which I received it, and addressed to Peter, who will presumably finish it much faster than me (almost 6 months!).

June, thank you for a great puzzle, which I thoroughly enjoyed (often during very late night hours) -- and thanks also to Alan Kirby and Alan Snelson for making the picture available and preparing it for the jigsaw. An excellent jigsaw picture, and very sharp too -- well chosen and prepared.

Wishing all those who try it next, as much fun as I had :) .

Looking forward to the next jigsaw already -- later in the year would be great.

Mini croisière du QE2Story Forum le 14 au 16 octobre 2011 sur le QM2

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Les fans francophones parlent du QE2

Replies: 1
Views: 1906
Last post Nov 23, 2010, 06:24 AM
by Scott Ebersold
QE2Story mugs?

Started by TwynkleBoard TheQE2Story's Shop

Replies: 6
Views: 2777
Last post Apr 05, 2015, 06:57 AM
by Brandon Sterkel