Author Topic: QE2Story Jigsaw "Liverpool Calling" by Alan Kirby, presented by June Ingram  (Read 9764 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

The QE2Story jigsaw after two days :

The photos are in the Gallery, here :
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=122

Thanks to all involved -- I am really enjoying this! June, you chose an eminently suitable photo -- just the right degree of complication for us here! And of course it is lovely to fit together QE2 all over again and see her again at her best.

Online Lynda Bradford

I am not sure if I will be up to the jigsaw challenge but will give it a try.  Isabelle has a very experienced jigsaw team (QE2 trained)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Hi Isabelle -

Thank you very much for your post, and I am so pleased to see our beloved QE2 (jigsaw) taking shape.  Marvelous job to you and your puzzle crew.  QE2's first refit is certainly moving along.  Thank you very much for the pictures and for adding them to the gallery !

Hi Lynda -

I am sure you will be up to the jigsaw challenge, as QE2 (jigsaw) is very much excited about returning to the Clyde after her stay at Isabelle's dock in Ireland.  I am sure our QE2 (jigsaw) is feeling very well cared for as she will have many refits in a short period of time.  Is Alan Snelson next after QE2's stay on the Clyde ?

June   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
Well done Isabelle, it looks like you are off to a flying start. I am looking forward to seeing the finished puzzle.

I would be happy to receive her at our house for another rebuild after she has passed through her birthplace.
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Alan -

I am very pleased to hear that you will be hosting our QE2 (jigsaw) at your home dock for her next refit after her visit to The Clyde.  I believe she is a very happy ship (jigsaw) with prospects of visiting many who adore her.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Peter -

Would a visit from our QE2 (jigsaw) be in order at the dock at your home after Lynda and Alan S.  Dredging is completed ?

June   :D

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
Yes please - and I think I'm still in line for one of the older ones aren't I?  :)

I'm also prepared to offer this image for a future jigsaw should one be arranged - I do have a professional digital scan of it somewhere...
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online Lynda Bradford

Looking forward to welcoming QE2 back to Scotland.  I have a couple of cadets who are currently training in Crete who I hope will be able to help with the QE2 refit.   :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Yes please - and I think I'm still in line for one of the older ones aren't I?  :)

I'm also prepared to offer this image for a future jigsaw should one be arranged - I do have a professional digital scan of it somewhere...

Hi Peter -

Thank you very much for your post.  That is great that our beloved QE2 (jigsaw) will make her way to the dock at your home for another refit - so Lynda, Alan, Peter so far.

Yes, I am sure you are on the list for one of the older jigsaws. 

Your image is spectacular and would make a great jigsaw.  Thanks very much for offering it and yes, it would be awesome to have another jigsaw made up. 

If all of the jigsaws are "cruising" worldwide, can you even imagine the mileage our QE2 is adding to her record even if it is by proxy.

June  :)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Looking forward to welcoming QE2 back to Scotland.  I have a couple of cadets who are currently training in Crete who I hope will be able to help with the QE2 refit.   :)

Hi Lynda -

Thank you very much for your post, and I am very pleased to hear that you have cadets in training and will be in Scotland for QE2's refit.  I do believe that one of the aspects of "Cunard Cadets" training includes the fitting together of a QE2 jigsaw. 

Progress has been made.

The funnel and mast had been dismantled for the refit, but were doing well.

The superstructure almost completely refitted, and the funnel back in position.

Now, just as the jigsaw crew started to tackle the hull with great vigour, it received a call to report for duties to refurbish the interior. We shall therefore not see them from this angle for a while, but as soon as the new carpets are laid and the furniture has been freshly upholstered, they will reappear here to finish refitting the hull.

Finally, of course, they will also need to create a port and some weather -- after which they are scheduled to sail away to their next destination!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Isabelle -

Thank you very much for creating the new topic for our beloved QE2 (jigsaw).

Great progress has been made by the awesome jigsaw crew !  She is looking very good undergoing her current refit !  That is very exciting that the jigsaw crew have been called to refurbish QE2's interior.  I am sure it will be very well done with port and weather awaiting their return ! 

I am sure that our QE2 is thoroughly enjoying the attention being lavished on her and I am sure the well-trained jigsaw crew is thoroughly enjoying completing her first new refit.

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
Looks as though you are making great progress Isabelle, keep up the good work.
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
This is what I have for our QE2's itinerary (Jigsaw No. 736C) so far -

After Isabelle's house, then
Lynda Bradford
Alan Snelson
Peter Mugridge
Pete Cain

Have I left someone off the list inadvertently ?

Have I left someone off the list inadvertently ?

Yourself, June :) .

The interior work refitting QE2 is going well so far, although it is quite a major job. Hopefully, the crew will be released soon to continue working on the hull, the port and the weather!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Isabelle -

Thank you very much for your post.  Yes, definitely, me !   :) 

I am most pleased to learn that the interior work refitting our QE2 is going well.  Yes, indeed, it is a major job as this is her first refit.  All good wishes to the jigsaw crew when they finish the interior work and continue on her hull and the port and weather in Liverpool !

June

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
How's QE2's fitting out going Isabelle?
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

How's QE2's fitting out going Isabelle?

Going well, thank you Adam. I expect to reassemble the jigsaw crew at the end of next week to enjoy the fresh air once more and get the exterior properly ship-shape!

We shall then need a second jigsaw to show all the work they did on the interior!  ;)

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
Going well, thank you Adam. I expect to reassemble the jigsaw crew at the end of next week to enjoy the fresh air once more and get the exterior properly ship-shape!

Great news.

We shall then need a second jigsaw to show all the work they did on the interior!  ;)

I must say, I do like your thinking :)
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Isabelle -

Many thanks for the update on the most recent refit for our QE2 (Jigsaw No.736C).  How many miles of carpeting did your crew put down ? 

Do you have any "photos" of the interior work which could make a jigsaw ?

My jigsaw crew is assembling and passing muster to be ready to start on the refit of QE2 (jigsaw no.2) this weekend.

June  :D

Mini croisière du QE2Story Forum le 14 au 16 octobre 2011 sur le QM2

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Les fans francophones parlent du QE2

Replies: 1
Views: 1906
Last post Nov 23, 2010, 06:24 AM
by Scott Ebersold
QE2Story mugs?

Started by TwynkleBoard TheQE2Story's Shop

Replies: 6
Views: 2777
Last post Apr 05, 2015, 06:57 AM
by Brandon Sterkel