Author Topic: QE2Story Jigsaw "Liverpool Calling" by Alan Kirby, presented by June Ingram  (Read 9761 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Glad to see I am not the only one who had to put in the hours while progressing at a snail's pace!

It was worth it though :) .

And of course as you (re)fit some of the pieces, the remaining ones become fewer and the day will dawn when they all get fitted in one go!

Glad you can do it together though! My companions gave up fairly soon and I did the sky on my own, with just the odd word of encouragement to keep me going.

Offline pete cain

Thanks Isabelle, promise to persevere (I think)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Hi Pete -

Thanks very much for the update on our QE2's (jigsaw) latest refit.  Now it does not want to be hurried.  I do think she is purposely hiding the needed pieces so it will take you longer to finish.  She does after all relish in all the attention she is receiving.  It is making her feel good after all the neglect in Dubai.  How are Jim's supervisory skills these days ?  June   ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2015, 06:30 PM by June Ingram »
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline pete cain

Final pictures for a while, progress this earlier afternoon.  Jim having made the choice , then directs Mrs Pete as to where he wants it to go. Actually Mrs Pete deserves all the recognition for this project, I've been outside doing garden works for what seems ages, just placing the odd piece in position.
   See you in a few weeks ;D

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Pete -

Marvelous !  Thanks very much for posting the jigsaw crew hard at work supervised by Jim.  Great progress has been made and our QE2 is definitely looking in fine form.  I see Jim making the choice and directing Mrs. Pete on the placement.  Mrs. Pete is doing a fine job and it seems that the meteorologists are next in line for completion of the weather picture.   :)

Safe and happy travels, Pete and Mrs Pete!

I am sure that Jim will keep everything under control and get the meteorologists to come up with the correct forecast as soon as you are back!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Word has it that our QE2 (jigsaw) is in good hands (paws) while Pete and Mrs. Pete are away.  Jim is assembling the meteorologists to be on hand when Pete and Mrs. Pete return.   ;D

Offline pete cain

Hello all,
   am sorry to report , that QE2s refit has failed, she has been dismantled & packed ready for better opportunities elsewhere, enclosed is photo  earlier today before the decision was made to abandon the project. Cannot blame jetlag now, but 2 pieces in 3hours on average for a few days leaves me desperate to get on with my life, so with 144 pieces on the table , the main objective achieved (QE2)
but the Bl****Y sky defeated me. Mrs Pete did the Mersey whilst I was away so I feel sorry that she wasted her time on this occasion.

Online Lynda Bradford

Hello all,
   am sorry to report , that QE2s refit has failed, she has been dismantled & packed ready for better opportunities elsewhere, enclosed is photo  earlier today before the decision was made to abandon the project. Cannot blame jetlag now, but 2 pieces in 3hours on average for a few days leaves me desperate to get on with my life, so with 144 pieces on the table , the main objective achieved (QE2)
but the Bl****Y sky defeated me. Mrs Pete did the Mersey whilst I was away so I feel sorry that she wasted her time on this occasion.

I cannot commit to starting the jigsaw until July, so would someone else like to have a go? 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Pete -

Thank you very much for your message and photo !  And not to worry - QE2 in her element looks awesome and I think she has successfully completed her refit and is in her glory with the Three Graces in view.  I believe the meteorologists were not on hand to assist as there is no longer a Concorde to fly overhead. 

My best to Jim !

June   :)

Hi Pete, congratulations to you and your crew on finishing QE2 herself and the city too, as well as the Mersey! The weather is in any case variable, we never quite know what it will turn out to be...

I was in the same situation as yourself, with my Mum determined to abandon the jigsaw and have her table back! It was night work from there on, with a deadline looming after which the jigsaw would have to go. And I just about managed it by the skin of my teeth and by several very short nights.

Hope you put your location and dates on the note inside the box before you closed it.

Greetings to Mrs Pete and Jim :) .

Online Brandon Sterkel

As much as I would love to put together QE2, I wouldn't be able to start until July as well.
Queen Elizabeth 2: A 50 Year Legend!

Offline pete cain

She's welcome here in the interim& quite safe(who knows might start it again in the meantime whilst waiting) NOT.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Pete -

QE2 is more than welcome at my moorings at any time, but it might be best to wait until she has finished all of her refits in the UK.  Then she can make a transatlantic crossing for her US refits.   :)  I am sure that no matter where she is made fast or where her anchor is, she is enjoying it immensely being in sympathetic, caring, and happy company.

Offline pete cain

She's still here (& very very welcome), however , we are away to Germany on our venerable camper in 3 weeks time , for a month, so , if anybody is thinking of giving her a new , temporary home, nows the time to start thinking..........

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Pete -

It sounds like a great trip coming up.

Offline pete cain

8 months & counting QE2 the forgotten Jig Saw, 'Liverpool Calling', she's been laid up here (& still very welcome) but QE2 in proxy has expressed her wish to journey onward, she thinks that my failure to complete has had a negative effect on her chances, so, c'mmon peoples do what I couldn't & complete this mammoth task,mooring lines loosened, permission to sail granted,...................................

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
If no one in the UK has time for a refit, I would be more than willing to welcome QE2 (jigsaw) to my shipyard after 1 February.   :)

Offline pete cain

Right then June, here she is (at last), tugs pulled her away from the dock this afternoon, shipyard manager aka Jim, says' he is sorry to see her go, coz he's had many a good night on board courtesy of ships staff'.
 Local press report that'  QE2's refit , whilst not being complete on this occasion, does not stop future tenders from U K ports of call ' (Brandon take note!).
 She is now in the isolation lock awaiting Customs clearance (literally) in the hope that she makes a successful transatlantic crossing toomorrow.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2016, 07:16 PM by Rob Lightbody »

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Hi Pete -

Thanks very much for your message and it does sound as if excitement is mounting as our QE2 (jigsaw) is preparing for her Transatlantic.  (Might I find Jim stowed away on board ?)  In keeping with QE2's past experiences, some refits have been completed while as sea.  I am sure she is anxious to stretch her legs, and perhaps as in leaving Southampton waters for the last time in 2008, maybe she will "floor it" as soon as allowed. 

Mini croisière du QE2Story Forum le 14 au 16 octobre 2011 sur le QM2

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Les fans francophones parlent du QE2

Replies: 1
Views: 1906
Last post Nov 23, 2010, 06:24 AM
by Scott Ebersold
QE2Story mugs?

Started by TwynkleBoard TheQE2Story's Shop

Replies: 6
Views: 2777
Last post Apr 05, 2015, 06:57 AM
by Brandon Sterkel