Author Topic: QE2Story Jigsaw "Liverpool Calling" by Alan Kirby, presented by June Ingram  (Read 9766 times)

Offline pete cain

Well then, she arrived safe & sound, shrouded in Cumbrian mist,  she's by-passed Barrow on quite a few occasions  on her round Britain trips, but we've managed to snare her for a wee while (many thanks to Alan for her safe  onward departure to us).  Jim has indeed been very busy , after chasing the dockyard  staff (birds) & helping in person to deepen her berth prior to docking (digging for bits in the garden) he is determined to prove that he is not a 1 hit wonder, & is prepping his non opposable digits (licking his feet) in readiness for our task  this weekend!!!!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Marvelous news, Pete and Jim !  I can see that Jim is preparing himself for the task at hand (paw) and will be a worthy assistant (or supervisor ?) in the latest refit of our QE2 (jigsaw).  All the best ! and do keep us informed.   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Lynda Bradford

Excellent news that the ship is docked ready for the next refit. Jim is an excellent choice of crew and good to know he will be involved - supervisor I think!   :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline pete cain

Well here we are earlier today, about 2 1/2 hours in, mrs Pete helping out. Jim getting ready for his stint after a mornings sleep  his eyes glazed over at the thought of (not) doing another jig-saw..........I didn't think that you could get so many pieces into such a small plastic bag, I'm sure that  the bulk doubled in size on contact with air

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

Congratulations on your excellent crew! They look vigilant and committed, and it is good to see that the refit is taking shape :) .

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
I can't resist asking if you have already located the stowaway piece? :)
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
A Jim fan club is forming here Pete! Would love to meet him one day!
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2015, 10:39 AM by Rob Lightbody »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
It certainly looks like excellent work is taking place and that Jim has it all under control.  With Pete and Mrs. Pete, the latest refit is moving along tremendously well.  And yes, I do think there is a Jim Fan Club in the making !   :)

Offline pete cain

Thanks Rob, maybe I'll do that before he gets too old. Myself & mrs Pete have spent the best part of today doing this jigsaw (F1 grand prix allowing) & we're really struggling with it, No sea or sky attempted yet,even QE2 is incomplete, it's a  pig to do(or is it us?)I think we might've located' the piece', don't recall QE2 having a rooftop garden,however small, although we're worried by previous mentions of hull bits, maybe we havn't found it after all :-\   

I took six months to do it, even resorting to a broken elbow as an excuse, so despair not and take your time!

Interesting idea, QE2 with a roof garden... ;) .

Online Lynda Bradford

Good progress being made.

I vote for Jim to be in every QE2 jigsaw refit picture you post, he is the star of the show!  :)
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline pete cain

just an update of progress so far, earlier this afternoon, (since then the hull has been completed). I'm sorry Lynda no Jim shot here I was stood on a chair looking directly down  to get her all in. Promise to get him  in the 'finale'. Mrs Pete has bagged the Mersey leaving me with the blue sky, our daughter might be home over Easter celebrations & will help out for sure.

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
Looking good Pete, it looks like exactly the same sequence that we used to put it together.

You will love the sky section ::)
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Excellent work, Pete and Mrs. Pete, and I am sure Jim was steadying the chair whilst you took the picture.  Our QE2 really must be enjoying all of this attention being lavished on her !   :)

Offline pete cain

Thanks Alan, pure coincidence I promise , we tend to go for the easy bits first (easy who am I kidding?), thanks for the warning about the sky, why didn't you post any of those ? :'(

Offline pete cain

Hi June, he was saving himself for the Grand Finale (asleep , those good looks are  heavy maintenance you know ::)

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
Very good, Pete, very good !   ;D

Well done, Pete! I see you have the tug in position -- it confused me no end for a while... :) .

Online Lynda Bradford

Looking good and I am sure that Jim was supervising!
www.qe2event.com

Offline pete cain

Lynda , I think you are next to host QE2 Liverpool calling, hope you aren't in any hurry coz me &  mrs Pete spent about 8hrs today (a murky wet & dank Good Friday afternoon) putting in 10 pieces of Mersey, & 4 pieces of sky!!!!!!.
 At this rate with a little over 300 pieces to go all sea & sky, none of it discernable , shapes & colours meaning nothing, I'll call you 'bout Christmas at this rate :'( 

Mini croisière du QE2Story Forum le 14 au 16 octobre 2011 sur le QM2

Started by Isabelle ProndzynskiBoard Les fans francophones parlent du QE2

Replies: 1
Views: 1906
Last post Nov 23, 2010, 06:24 AM
by Scott Ebersold
QE2Story mugs?

Started by TwynkleBoard TheQE2Story's Shop

Replies: 6
Views: 2777
Last post Apr 05, 2015, 06:57 AM
by Brandon Sterkel