Author Topic: P&O - A change to house colours?  (Read 8008 times)

Offline CAP

Re: P&O - A change to house colours?
« Reply #20 on: Oct 02, 2014, 08:26 PM »
What would it have looked like if the Scottish Referendum had went the other way?  A trip down to Homebase for some white emulsion methinks

Offline Clydebuilt1971

« Reply #21 on: Dec 15, 2014, 08:31 AM »
That livery will be nightmare to redo at overhaul time!!!

>:(

Offline tdickson

« Reply #22 on: Jan 27, 2015, 11:28 AM »
As of now, several of the eight strong fleet has now had its makeover. Obviously "Britannia" has had the Blue Funnel/White sunrise and Union jack bow from build.
The Aurora came back from her latest re-fit in NEW colours.
Last week "Oriana" was in Southampton with a Blue Funnel but NO sunrise as yet, saying that they lifted (Craned) a set on board before she sailed.
I believe "Adonia" is being painted whilst at Sea.
Rumour has it that both Ventura & Azura are having their funnels painted whilst on Caribbean Duty.
Any updates would be welcomed
Thanks

Offline cameroa

« Reply #23 on: Jan 27, 2015, 02:06 PM »
There is nothing truly 'British' about any ship that Carnival Corporation own/operate ..... only their interpretation of what they perceive to be a British look. For P&O, a brash external colour scheme and an eclectic, eccentric mix of interior design to reflect Britishness.
When I saw the re-furbished Golden Lion Pub on Queen Mary 2, I thought I was going to have a migraine. Love the tartan hate everything else and so it flows through out the Carnival fleets.
That said, RMS Queen Mary 2 has to be my favourite now as I can no longer board my birth sake QE2  :'(, simply because QM2 is so very different. Having tried QV and QE, both twice ....... it's a big nah from me. Nice cruise ships .... too many people  >:(

Online skilly56

« Reply #24 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:52 AM »
When I worked on P&O ships back in the 70s, they looked smart, and not over-ostentatious or grandiose like the latest offering.
Now they look like the colour scheme was dreamed up by some teen punk from Florida after a month on acid or wacky-baccy and sleeping between Union Jack sheets.

Absolutely bloody awful result. This sort of embellishment does nothing to entice people to book a cruise on a P&O ship.

Just got to hope they don't start on Holland-America line ships next. They still look refined and efficient.

Skilly

Offline Bruce Nicholls

« Reply #25 on: Jan 28, 2015, 11:17 PM »
When I worked on P&O ships back in the 70s, they looked smart, and not over-ostentatious or grandiose like the latest offering.
Now they look like the colour scheme was dreamed up by some teen punk from Florida after a month on acid or wacky-baccy and sleeping between Union Jack sheets.

Absolutely bloody awful result. This sort of embellishment does nothing to entice people to book a cruise on a P&O ship.

Just got to hope they don't start on Holland-America line ships next. They still look refined and efficient.

Skilly

Not for the the Queens either please!

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #26 on: Jan 28, 2015, 11:19 PM »
Please don't give them any more ideas!
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline tdickson

« Reply #27 on: Feb 09, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Just a quick up-date:
Oceana was in Southampton on Saturday in her nearly NEW colours, funnel painted blue, together with gold sunrise & and what looked like a part finished Union Jack.
The Fleet nearly Complete