Author Topic: QE2's original Look-out bar, by Theo Crosby  (Read 7505 times)

Online June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
Re: QE2's original Look-out bar, by Theo Crosby
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2015, 10:00 PM »
Yes, Rob, is correct.  Some of the forward windows on Queen Elizabeth (not QE2 nor the new Queen Elizabeth) were smashed in at one time during a violent storm.
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2015, 10:55 PM »
Alfredo, I think you've misunderstood something... I'm not aware of QE2's observation windows ever giving any problems in the brief time they were there, did we say that somewhere?  I have speculated about this on the forum before, because the extension at the front looks so substantial, but have never had anything confirmed.

Rod had mentioned in post 4 about the windows, maybe he could give us more information when he is next on the forum. 

As I have posted on another thread here........ the Lookout bar was great......except in rough weather! Several brave/stupid people were injured that way.
Yes Rob the windows did come in once or twice!

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Rod

« Reply #22 on: Jan 21, 2015, 10:28 AM »
I believe that about 3 months before the LOB was removed,  window/s came in on a NA. I was not on board.
As I said in another post in another thread, I think this was due more to the flexing of the ship rather than the wave pressure.
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2015, 10:32 AM by Rod »

Online Trevor Casey

• Queens Grill Diner
  • If I only could, I'd be running up that hill..
« Reply #23 on: Aug 20, 2017, 05:20 PM »
Have a look at "Reltco" 's photo here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/33120597@N03/3451255013/ - its from 1972 and shows, i think, patches already present in the corner of the windows.

Found this in another topic.

I'm assuming where those windows are that are now plated in, was the lookout bar? I also believe that in the nineties, during the Project Lifestyle refit, the golden lion was painted there?
Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.

Online Bob C.

« Reply #24 on: Aug 20, 2017, 10:27 PM »
Can't resist posting this photo from 'British Marine Progress 1969' as I don't think I've seen it elsewhere.

It shows a stage area on the starboard side, with coloured downlights, and a scarlet piano to match the scarlet compass at the front of the room.

The furniture is black leather, with a moss green carpet.  The back wall is steel and bronzed aluminium and the walls are in cedar.

It must have been something to see.

For some reason I missed this post.  The piano shown has had quite the tour around QE2 since debuting in the LOB.  I'll dig thought my photos to see what I have but I know it at various points in QE2's 1st ten years the piano was in the Theater Bar, Double Down Room and I want to say in the Mid-ships Lobby as well.  I may start a new post to not drag this one off topic.

Online Michael Gallagher

« Reply #25 on: Apr 02, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Artists Concept for the Lookout Bar

QE2s Captain Chair for sale...

Started by cunardqueenBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 1
Views: 705
Last post Sep 24, 2016, 10:45 PM
by Pete Hamill
Were QE2s propellers the most powerful in the world?

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Technical Matters

Replies: 8
Views: 839
Last post Oct 13, 2018, 10:57 AM
by Rob Lightbody