Author Topic: Re: British Pathe Videos on You Tube  (Read 3728 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
Re: British Pathe Videos on You Tube
« on: Apr 22, 2014, 05:53 PM »
ALL Pathé films have recently been made available on Youtube, by Pathé themselves.  For free, in high quality.  This is a big step forward to what was originally available on their site.

I think they've taken the approach that if people were going to keep stealing their content, and putting it illegally on youtube, that they might as well do it themselves!

Lots of QE2 fun to be had on their channel!  https://www.youtube.com/user/britishpathe/search?query=qe2

Lynda - hope this isn't causing you a nightmare?!  It should make things easier from now on though...
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2014, 06:56 PM by Lynda Bradford »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2014, 06:55 PM »
ALL Pathé films have recently been made available on Youtube, by Pathé themselves.  For free, in high quality.  This is a big step forward to what was originally available on their site.
I think they've taken the approach that if people were going to keep stealing their content, and putting it illegally on youtube, that they might as well do it themselves!
Lots of QE2 fun to be had on their channel!  https://www.youtube.com/user/britishpathe/search?query=qe2
Lynda - hope this isn't causing you a nightmare?!  It should make things easier from now on though...
What I have done with the video topic and the list will make it easier to identify the videos simply because I gave the topic the same name as the British Pathe video name.  This means it is easy to identify if we already have a topic.  What I have done with the You Tube topics Pete posted yesterday is I added them under the British Pathe link, so members have a choice of what to watch. 

Please still search for QE2 film footage to post and if you can have a look at the video list to prevent duplication that would be helpful.  This still is a work in progress. 
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,5999.0.html
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Thank you, Lynda, very much for all the work you are doing on this very useful and informational resource.   :)
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

naomiw

Films of QE2 on youtube
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2014, 03:09 PM »
Maybe people already have seen this, as I haven't had time to read the whole forum, but pathe have put all their archive in youtube last week and if you type in QE2 you see some interesting films, for example:
And there are several more.

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
Re: Films of QE2 on youtube
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2014, 03:23 PM »
Hi Naomi. Thanks for joining us on the forum. Yes I seem to remember someone saying that the British Pathé have put their archive on YouTube. Thanks for posting!
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2014, 05:51 PM »
Hi!

Regarding posting videos - if you are in any doubt whether a video is already here (or not!), it's easy to check! Just copy and paste the numbers / letters following the equal's sign at the top of the YouTube page
For example, to search for YouTube video namely 
:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS_e5L_8B14

Copy and paste lS_e5L_8B14 into the Forum 'Search' window
You will find there are Three here already!

Lynda is working miracles with videos - and perhaps it'll be helpful for her to know where duplicates are!
(Please excuse it if the video playing here, I can't post the link without it appearing (for the 4th time) on the Forum!!)
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 06:54 PM by Twynkle »

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2014, 07:40 PM »
Thanks Rosie

What we will now find with the British Pathe videos being on You Tube is the possibility of members posting You Tube British Pathe videos when we already have the British Pathe videos posted.  What I have done with the ones that Pete Cain had found earlier in the week, was to add the You Tube video link to the same post as the British Pathe link and that seemed to work. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2014, 08:12 PM »
Hi Lynda

Yes - when I have time (!), I'll try and seek as many of the earlier Pathe videos as I can...I seem to remember it was like gold dust finding what seemed like their entire library, then posting them here!

Rosie

« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 08:28 PM by Twynkle »

British woman fall overboard from cruise ship in Med.

Started by Andy HollowayBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 5
Views: 2533
Last post Aug 22, 2018, 06:51 PM
by June Ingram
QE2 - British Royal Family visits & reviews

Started by TwynkleBoard Service Life (1969 - 2008)

Replies: 43
Views: 26015
Last post Nov 26, 2011, 05:48 AM
by bobso
British Movietone News footage: Launch of Queen Elizabeth 1938

Started by TwynkleBoard RMS Queen Elizabeth (1940)

Replies: 6
Views: 3195
Last post Nov 24, 2017, 02:51 AM
by Trevor Harris
Petition to bring Cunard ocean liners back to British Registry

Started by Matteo 91Board RMS Queen Mary 2

Replies: 9
Views: 4173
Last post Mar 07, 2012, 12:58 PM
by Andy F
Queen Mary 2 17th-27th May 2015 British Isles 175YR Anniversary

Started by tdicksonBoard Past Events