Author Topic: 2015 Archive - Photo Competition Results (2015 Calendar)  (Read 18777 times)

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
Re: Photo Competition Results (2015 Calendar)
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2014, 12:27 PM »
Congratulations to the winners and runners up so far. I am already looking forward to putting the next calendar together with another terrific range of photos to choose from. Keep them coming!!
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #16 on: Feb 10, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Congratulations to Seagreen and runner up Hamburger.  The photos are absolutely superb !!
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #17 on: Mar 01, 2014, 01:15 PM »
Congratulations to Bob C and Cunarder Man, our joint winners of the January Photo Competition "Beauty"

Bob C's photo True Colours

Cunarder Man's photo At Home in the Clyde

Once again you have chosen two wonderful images.   Yhank-you to everyone who took part and who voted.   :)

You can see the results now that the poll has finished.
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php?topic=5891.0
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2014, 09:22 AM by Lynda Bradford »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Bob C.

« Reply #18 on: Mar 01, 2014, 02:33 PM »
I am certainly honored to be a joint winner with Cunarder Man!  The unrelenting stiff competition continues to produce excellent photos and outstanding winners every month.  But most of all, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to contribute my photos with everyone else to preserve QE2's history.  Thanks everyone and thanks to Lynda for her flawless administering of these contests!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2014, 10:41 AM »
Thanks Bob, it is really good to hear that you are pleased that you photo was chosen as a joint winner and that you enjoy participating in the competition.  I will be contacting you soon by PM about your prize.  We are fortunate this year to have been donate some prizes to award to our winners. 

The Forum has a good team working in the background, to hopefully make things run smoothly. We have been pleased with how the photo competition has attracted so many photos for us all to enjoy and also the progress from photo competition to the Calendar, which gives a lasting memory. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Alan Snelson

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Ships Photographer '78 - '82
« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2014, 11:06 AM »
I am certainly honored to be a joint winner with Cunarder Man!  The unrelenting stiff competition continues to produce excellent photos and outstanding winners every month.  But most of all, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to contribute my photos with everyone else to preserve QE2's history.  Thanks everyone and thanks to Lynda for her flawless administering of these contests!

Congratulations Bob and Cunarder Man for your excellent photos which will look great in next years calendar. There certainly are some great photos out there and hopefully still plenty more to come in our competitions.

I would also like to add my appreciation of the work done by Lynda (and Isabelle too) in administering the photo competition every month, which they do with great skill and professionalism .
Don't just be part of her past, be part of her history!

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2014, 06:30 AM »
Congratulations Bob and Cunarder Man for your excellent photos which will look great in next years calendar. There certainly are some great photos out there and hopefully still plenty more to come in our competitions.

I would also like to add my appreciation of the work done by Lynda (and Isabelle too) in administering the photo competition every month, which they do with great skill and professionalism .

Thanks Alan, if only The 'true colours' had been retained! Great picture Bob, I remember the decor of the stairways. Any photograph of QE2 is special and I really enjoy all the pictures posted.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #22 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:30 PM »
Congratulations to Bob C. and to Cunarder Man for winning this last month's photo competition.  They are indeed wonderful and thank you to all for submitting so many marvelous representations of our QE2.  June

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #23 on: Apr 01, 2014, 11:44 AM »
We hope you enjoyed viewing and choosing your favourite three from the fabulous “QE2 cabins and portholes” photos uploaded.

The winner, you have chosen is Cunarder Man’s “ QE2 through a porthole.  Well done to John who has captured a lovely photo of the ship. 

The runner up photo was also a photo submitted by Cunarder Man “QE2 Lines and Portholes”

Now that the voting on the poll has finished you can see the results of all the voting on the QE2 Cabins and Portholes topic

John has won the prize - the Amberley publication "The British Cruise Ship", donated by Rob Lightbody and Amberley Books :

Thank-you to everyone who participated in the competition!   I am already thinking about seeing the wonderful photos in the QE2 Story Calendar for next year. 
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2014, 05:24 PM by Rob Lightbody »
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #24 on: Apr 01, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Congratulations John, for your splendid photos, worthy winnners!

And Congratulations and thanks to everybody else for entering - so many superb photos.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #25 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:51 PM »
Congratulations to John for winning this month's photo competition !  They are wonderful photos !

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32 AM »
Thank-you to everyone who submitted photos and voted for the March Photo Competition "QE2 Winter Views"

Congratulations to Harev the winner with a photo that certainly shows a wintery view of QE2 in New York. 

Underway in the snow from New York, 2001
Heading south & west to warmer climes

The runner up is Stowaway2K with this lovely photo:

Icicles Sparkle in the Crisp and Clear New York Winter

You can see all the voting now that the poll has closed:
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,6021.0.html
www.qe2event.com

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Congratulations to Harev for the winning photograph this month ! 

And congratulations to Stowaway2K for the runner up photo !

Both are wonderful photos as were all the entries. 

June  :)

Offline Adam Hodson

• Ocean Liner Enthusiast
  • Princess Grill Diner
  • A young photographer, and a QE2 & Concorde lover!
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2014, 05:39 PM »
Both are wonderful photos as were all the entries. 

Agreed June. There is something very special about our QE2 in the snow and ice! :)
"The QE2 is one of the last great transatlantic liners, and arguably the most famous liner in the world"

"QE2 and Concorde, a partnership that lasted almost 30 years... two stunning pieces of engineering, never to be forgotten!"

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 05:49 AM »
Great pictures, congratulations to the March winners!

September 2015 Newsletter

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard QE2 Story Newsletters

Replies: 1
Views: 1702
Last post Sep 28, 2015, 05:56 PM
by June Ingram
Queen Victoria 22 May 2015 Three Queens in Liverpool

Started by Cunarder ManBoard Past Events

Replies: 15
Views: 3885
Last post May 24, 2015, 12:39 AM
by Twynkle
Lusitania Anniversary events 2009 - 2015

Started by KEVBoard Ships

Replies: 9
Views: 3326
Last post Jul 24, 2015, 01:58 PM
by Chris
QE2 Day on board Queen Mary 2, 5th July 2015 (Historic Liverpool crossing)

Started by Michael GallagherBoard Past Events

Replies: 19
Views: 7671
Last post Jul 06, 2015, 04:14 PM
by June Ingram
QE2 Conversion August 2015 to ?

Started by Louis De SousaBoard QE2 News while in Lay-up (2008 to 2018)

Replies: 44
Views: 13100
Last post Jul 13, 2017, 11:43 AM
by Louis De Sousa