Author Topic: QE2 Britain's Greatest Liner  (Read 1591 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

QE2 Britain's Greatest Liner
« on: Feb 14, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Good idea start by having a look at Rob's excellent books page, linked straight into Amazon UK :

http://roblightbody.com/liners/qe-2/qe2_shop.htm

Rob comments : Bruce Peter's book focusses on the original design of the ship, whereas Chris Frame's book records the QE2 that most people will remember  - as she was in the late 90s onwards.  Carol Thatcher's (yes THAT Carol Thatcher!) presents a complete history of the ship in a readable style, while Commodore Warwick's wonderful book is an essential addition to any QE2 fan's library.  Enjoy!

---

There you are, Rob! Saved you having to say it yourself...  ;D

Offline tdickson

« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2012, 04:03 AM »
I have just purchased a terrific book, which is already mentioned somewhere on here awhile ago,but thought I would post this anyway so if anybody wants to get a copy they are available together with lots of other maritime publications from "the Works" bookshop with a reduced price from £30.00 down to £ 9.99

QE 2 Britains Greatest Liner - authors -Bruce Peter/Philip Dawson & Ian Johnston

Happy Hunting 

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2013, 11:21 PM »
A book that gives a good account of the history of QE2. 

A quote from Rob Lightbody says it all:

As it stands, this is THE reference for QE2, especially with regard to her original concept, design and designers. Refits are covered in full, along with many period photos. At points, the book seems to lose its way slightly as if it was rushed, or pages were needing filled - e.g. an overly long history of the boss of Cunard during one recent period - but overall this book is just amazing.

If you are interested in liners, ships, maritime history, maritime design and/or QE2 herself, then this HAS to be on your bookshelf.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Twynkle

Re: QE2 Britain's Greatest Liner
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:02 PM »
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 11:31 PM »
Is this not the same book that formed part of the deluxe boxed set produced by the IOM Post office.

From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 03:57 PM »
Is this not the same book that formed part of the deluxe boxed set produced by the IOM Post office.

Yes it is.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

What do you do with a retired ocean liner?

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Discussions about QE2 while laid up (2008 to 2018)

Replies: 16
Views: 4933
Last post Jun 01, 2016, 08:24 PM
by Owen Hamilton
Most Influential Liner of All Time

Started by kevinhBoard Sea Shanties

Replies: 24
Views: 997
Last post Jul 09, 2018, 02:08 AM
by Barumfox
Channel 5 Documentary: QE2 -The World's greatest cruise ship

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Miscellaneous QE2