Author Topic: "The Queens" - 1969  (Read 1327 times)

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
"The Queens" - 1969
« on: Nov 02, 2013, 01:36 PM »
I picked this up recently in a charity shop, and don't recall seeing it anywhere before.  Does anyone else have a copy?

Its by the Southampton Corporation, and mine is the 2nd edition from April 1969.  The first edition was May 1968.  Its a bit sad, because as well as celebrating QE2's arrival, it also celebrates Queen Elizabeth in Florida... and we know how that ended!

Does anyone who knows about these things, know about the situation with regards to the copyright on this? Does Southampton Corporation still exist?  What was it?  The City Council?

- Rob
Passionate about QE2's service life for 37 years and creator of this website.  Worked in IT for 27 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: "The Queens" - 1969
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2013, 01:47 PM »
I have a copy that I bought on ebay - also 2nd edition.  It is a lovely little book with information about the three ships and the Queens they were named after. 

I do not know about the copyright issues but hopefully someone will know.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline tdickson

Re: "The Queens" - 1969
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2013, 02:21 PM »
The first edition was printed in 1967 I do believe, there is a copy available on offer at Amazon (paperback version)