Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Northern Adventure 13 Dec 2013  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Cunarder Man

Northern Adventure 13 Dec 2013
« on: Oct 07, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Anyone on Queen Elizabeth heading to the Christmas Markets?
A QE2 reunion night must be on the cards.

Offline Cunarder Man

Re: Northern Adventure 13 Dec 2013
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:07 PM »
There's an obvious affection for QE2 amongst the passengers on Queen Elizabeth and I'm sure Cunard could do something to highlight the QE2 Story website on board. There is no competition or advertising here and after all it is their history and heritage. The QE2 badges I wear are noticed and folks are keen to discuss their experiences of their happy cruises on QE2.

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013, 04:20 PM »
Glad to hear this after your Northern Adventure. I hope you had a lovely time and enjoyed the Christmas markets.

Yes, it would be good to publicise QE2 and this forum a bit on board the new Cunard ships. Maybe the passengers could help others to understand that QE2 is no longer sailing the high seas, nor is she a hotel ship in Dubai!

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Beautiful, elegant QE2 - forever Queen of the Seas
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2013, 05:07 PM »
Glad to hear this after your Northern Adventure. I hope you had a lovely time and enjoyed the Christmas markets.

Yes, it would be good to publicise QE2 and this forum a bit on board the new Cunard ships. Maybe the passengers could help others to understand that QE2 is no longer sailing the high seas, nor is she a hotel ship in Dubai!

Anything that can be done would be good to publicize QE2 on board the Cunard ships and elsewhere too.  All too many people think she is still crossing the Atlantic, cruising, or is already an hotel ship somewhere.
QE2 - the ship for all of time, a ship of timeless beauty !

Offline tdickson

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2013, 06:16 PM »
This should really be a new subject; Making current Cunard passengers aware of the plight of former Cunarder QE11,
Our fellow forum member Chris Frome is, I believe a reasonably regular 'Lecturer' on board the new Cunard Queens.
I ask the question to you Chris do you get a choice on what you 'Speak' about within the 'Insight Programme' if so! This is a great subject to venture into, Or maybe another forum member/Cunard employee Michael Gallagher could put the idea forward on behalf of both the 'Forum' & Queen Elizabeth 11.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Hi Cunarder Man!
Rob's done a page on the forum for such occasions - the little 'labels come in really handy, i must have 'dished out' thousands!
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,1122.0.html
then to here:
https://www.theqe2story.com/features/TQSPublicity.html

Then In the ship's computer room, > Click on A4 size - > print, cut out and write a wee message on the back!

On a sea day, and with a big smile for the Head of Entertainments approx 4 days earlier, you may find there's an opportunity to have a get-together, Golden Lion perhaps, with a brief intro from any volunteers and general chat. I usually ask if someone on board 'crew-side' can come and 'do their QE2 story' And it needs to go into the Daily Programme!
Good Luck!
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2013, 05:41 PM »
Great information, Rosie !!

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Thanks everyone, we had a wonderful cruise on Queen Elizabeth. Unfortunately we had no snow, but the Christmas markets were great.

My wife commented I must be an ambassador for the QE2 Story as I took every opportunity to spread the word. I even had one passenger dash to the bookshop to secure his Sleeping Beauty DVD.

I'm up for a QE2 reunion on board? Greenock in May, can it be achieved?

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2013, 08:50 PM »
Thanks everyone, we had a wonderful cruise on Queen Elizabeth. Unfortunately we had no snow, but the Christmas markets were great.

My wife commented I must be an ambassador for the QE2 Story as I took every opportunity to spread the word. I even had one passenger dash to the bookshop to secure his Sleeping Beauty DVD.

I'm up for a QE2 reunion on board? Greenock in May, can it be achieved?

Hi John

Many thanks for your continued enthusiastic support!

Plans are afoot for a QE2 Story reunion next year...all will be revealed shortly...! . However one on every Cunard sailing is the ambition!! ;-)
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline June Ingram

• Global Moderator
  • Queens Grill Diner
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2013, 03:56 PM »
Hi John

Many thanks for your continued enthusiastic support!

Plans are afoot for a QE2 Story reunion next year...all will be revealed shortly...! . However one on every Cunard sailing is the ambition!! ;-)

Yes, on all counts !!

Northern Star.

Started by Tyne TurbineBoard Ships

Replies: 4
Views: 918