Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth & Queen Mary 2 in Stavanger  (Read 1570 times)

Offline shipnshore

Queen Elizabeth & Queen Mary 2 in Stavanger
« on: Jul 23, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Hi everyone, I have just uploaded onto youtube a small video of these wonderful ships in the port of Stavanger.
It was a real buzz to see them together as I'm sure many passengers aboard QM2, ourselves included,
 didn't know Queen Elizabeth was on our tail. Hope you will watch it even if it's just a reminder for those
 who were aboard either of them! It can be viewed on amshipnshore's channel here.

Alan :)
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2013, 02:41 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »
Alan

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: Queen Elizabeth & Queen Mary 2 in Stavanger
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2013, 02:33 PM »
Thank-you so much for sharing this short video with us.  I can see that Stavanger is experiencing the same rain as we are having in Scotland at the moment. 

I have been to Stavanger at least three times, onboard QE2, QM2 and Queen Victoria and it is one of my favourite Ports of Call in Norway. 

Seeing the passengers out on their balconies brings back memories of being onboard ship on similar occasions. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline shipnshore

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2013, 04:08 PM »
 Hi Lynda, thanks for watching! I too enjoy Stavanger it is a really pleasant place with quite a lot of history,
 the weather did not stop people from exploring and it did bring back fond memories for us. As for the passengers
 on their balconies aboard Queen Elizabeth, I also enjoyed seeing the reflection of Queen Mary 2 behind them!
Alan

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2013, 05:53 PM »

An excellent video...enjoyed it thoroughly.....have saved it to my favourites.

QE2 Canuck      Linda C

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2013, 07:35 PM »
........ As for the passengers on their balconies aboard Queen Elizabeth, I also enjoyed seeing the reflection of Queen Mary 2 behind them!

I had not noticed the first time I watched the video but after you pointing this out I had another look and yes could see the reflection of Queen Mary.  Excellent  ;D
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline shipnshore

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24, 2013, 08:50 AM »
Hi Linda C, thank you for your kind words.
                                                               :)  Alan
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2013, 08:56 AM by shipnshore »
Alan