Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: new member  (Read 948 times)

Offline Jenny Roberts

« on: Jun 17, 2013, 05:46 PM »
Hi I'm Jenny. I have joined this site because I really care about the future of the QE2. I am astounded to read that she is just sitting in the port of Dubai with nothing mapped out for her future. I recently read that she is neing sold on again, is this correct? She should be in the UK at Liverpool or Southampton so that people can enjoy British craftsmanship at it's very best.

Online Lynda Bradford

Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2013, 06:48 PM »
Hello Jenny and welcome to the Forum. 

Like you many Forum members are concerned about QE2's fate and can only hope that her new owners will take forward the plans to convert her to a hotel ship so that she can be appreciated by visitors. 

Hope you enjoy joining in with the Forum discussions.

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Hi Jenny, and welcome!

Her ownership has changed within the companies of Dubai World.  She's moved from Istithmar World, who took good care of her between 2008 and 2012, to Dubai Dry Docks World.  For all of this year, she's been sitting in the industrial dry docks facility, without power or air-conditioning, which is a concern in the Dubai heat, obviously.

We post all the latest news as we get it in the QE2 News section, which you can see if you scroll down the main page of the forum.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline Joseph Navin

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2013, 04:04 AM »
jenny, the qe2 is actually coming to hong kong, where I live

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2013, 02:45 PM »
jenny, the qe2 is actually coming to hong kong, where I live

I think a lot of people here will only believe that when she actually moves there - too many plans for QE2 have been officially announced as "definite" only for nothing to happen in the last five years.  Just because something has been in the news doesn't mean it's going to happen.

If it does happen, though, you appear to be in an ideal position to keep us informed on her condition on a daily basis. :)
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Offline Chris Frame

« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2013, 03:29 AM »
If she does go to HK I'll make the flight up to see her.