Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Scotish Festival at Queen Mary  (Read 2758 times)

Online Bob C.

Scotish Festival at Queen Mary
« on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:42 AM »
This year's Scottish Festival at Queen Mary is 14 & 15 Feb, anyone going?  My wife and I will probably make the trip up there for one of the days.  I've been twice before and its a great time. 

http://www.queenmary.com/index.php?page=scottishfestival

Offline singlemalt

Re: Scotish Festival at Queen Mary
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2009, 12:19 PM »
I'd love to say yes but very much on the wrong side of the Atlantic I'm afraid
Although a visit to Mary is very much on my wish list for a dose of faded grandeur on another old ship.
Bloody dollar exchange rate - messing up my plans for a wee while yet  >:(
Take lots of pics to share and make me jealous  :(

Hope you enjoy the Festival and a romantic stroll arm in arm around the decks with your Valentine  :)
Wearer of swishy skirts and fab heels; otherwise known as the Cruise Director

Offline Stowaway2k

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2009, 03:16 AM »
I live up the road from the Queen Mary... well... 45 minutes up the freeway... in good traffic maybe 40.

I've never really "done" the Scottish festival.   I've always wanted to do the whiskey tasting, but it's expensive and then I'd have to check in for the night!
Ironically, I've been to Scotland several times and have been all over, from the Borders to John O' Groats, Stonehaven to Oban, out to Lewis and South Uist...but not to QM's Scottish festival.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2009, 01:38 AM »
This year's Scottish Festival at Queen Mary is 14 & 15 Feb, anyone going?  My wife and I will probably make the trip up there for one of the days.  I've been twice before and its a great time. 

I was quite amazed to learn that she has her own tartan :o. That l learned while speaking to the assistant in the Scottish Heritage Center only by chance. They dont promote it or make it widely known but they have Queen Mary tartan ties for sale.  Perhaps its the tourist in me but l cant help but think they are missing out on valuable sales here. I bought one right away, and when l get unpacked will post a photo on here. It really is quite tasteful and rather a beautiful item, or perhaps lm being carried away on a tide of emotion :'(

It just seemed that if l were them l would be  doing a lot to promote such an item and trying to boost sales, but then thats me... ;)
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Offline highlander0108

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2009, 02:53 AM »
A Google search found this.

http://www.tartanregister.gov.uk/tartanDetails.aspx?ref=3425

Sounds like it's easy now to develop a tartan......the logical next step will be for someone to get one for the last Queen built in Scotland!   ;D

Ken
"There will never be another one like her" QE2's last Master Ian McNaught
My Blog:  http://qe2-prideoftheclyde.blogspot.com/

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2010, 04:58 PM »
And here is the Queen Mary Tie as purchased onboard....
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2011, 10:36 AM »
18 to 20 February are the dates for the Scottish Festival at the Queen Mary in 2011.

It has always been a dream of mine to visit the Queen Mary as it is the first ship my dad worked on when he was in the last year of his apprentiship with John Brown's.  I will not manage to visit this year's Scottish festival but it is on my wish list. 

http://www.queenmary.com/event.aspx?id=68d69fcf-a9c1-4b43-9068-764b116ca225

I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com