Author Topic: 2014 Archive - QE2's soft furnishings -- March Photo of the Month (closed)  (Read 2386 times)

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

This Month's Theme is "QE2's soft furnishings".

Grill Britannia, the runner-up of the December competition, chose this topic for March 2013.

Entries could be pictures either of the soft furnishings themselves (carpets, bedspreads, curtains, napkins) or pictures in which they are included, without being the main feature of the photo.

The album is open, so now is the time to look at the pictures already there and to find your best three photos to upload and enter.

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=92

The prize for the lucky winner is a copy of the Southampton Daily Echo glossy souvenir supplement about QE2's 40th Anniversary, donated by Cunard.

This publication was produced by the Southampton Daily Echo to celebrate QE2's 40 years service.  It is full of beautiful pictures, many interesting facts and snippets covering the history of the ship.

See more details here :

https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/index.php/topic,4480.0.html

The deadline for submitting photos is 31 March 2013. Voting will run from 1 April 2013 until 30 April 2013.

We are looking forward to seeing your photos for this month's competition.

Thank you and good luck!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:50 PM by Isabelle Prondzynski »

Online Lynda Bradford

The Gallery album is open for you to upload your photos for this month's competition QE2's Soft Furnishings. 

This should be an interesting one with hopefully lots of photos of the interior of the ship.  Looking forward to seeing your photos   :) :)

Soft furnishings could be (carpets, bedspreads, curtains, napkins) or pictures in which they are included, without being the main feature of the photo.
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Online Lynda Bradford

Some interesting photos have been uploaded for this month's Photo Competition, but we need more!  ;D

What photos do you have of QE2's soft furnishings? Have a look and upload to the competition photo album. 
https://www.theqe2story.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=92
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Grill Britannia

Well done to forum members who have contributed to this month's theme so far. I am so relieved that other people photograph these views as well as me as I was a bit concerned that no one would get this theme. Personally I love looking at the books and photos which show the way the decor on board the QE2 evolved over the years and came to represent such a long period in cruise shipping interior design. 8)
QE2 Forever @RavelCat

Online Lynda Bradford

Well done to forum members who have contributed to this month's theme so far. I am so relieved that other people photograph these views as well as me as I was a bit concerned that no one would get this theme. Personally I love looking at the books and photos which show the way the decor on board the QE2 evolved over the years and came to represent such a long period in cruise shipping interior design. 8)

It never fails to amaze me the range of photos that members upload to the competition that fit the theme.  I must admit there have been some themes where I thought there would not be a lot of photos to fit the theme but I have been proven wrong time and time again. 

We have some wonderful photos uploaded so far for the soft furnishings theme but I am sure there are many more !
www.qe2event.com

Offline Grill Britannia

It never fails to amaze me the range of photos that members upload to the competition that fit the theme.  I must admit there have been some themes where I thought there would not be a lot of photos to fit the theme but I have been proven wrong time and time again. 

We have some wonderful photos uploaded so far for the soft furnishings theme but I am sure there are many more !

Yes Lynda and I have seen some for this month's theme already that I will be considering voting for. I noticed in a thread for an earlier photo theme that you had mentioned that people who sailed on QE2 after the announcement that she was to be decommissioned had the foresight to take more photos of her. That was certainly true for me but when I look at some of the photos for the competitions on here I end up wishing that I had taken even more. Ah well I am still hoping that there might still be a chance for that?
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2013, 12:54 PM by Grill Britannia »
QE2 Forever @RavelCat

Online Isabelle Prondzynski

I am enjoying the photos already uploaded for this theme -- thank you, Grill Britannia, for your excellent suggestion!

When the pictures are all assembled at the end of the month, we shall have a pretty good overview of the colour scheme on board -- red, green and blue seem to predominate. Interesting that the penthouses did not fit into this scheme at all, but seem to have been predominantly beige -- an interesting question might be why this was so...

Online Lynda Bradford

I am enjoying the photos already uploaded for this theme -- thank you, Grill Britannia, for your excellent suggestion!

When the pictures are all assembled at the end of the month, we shall have a pretty good overview of the colour scheme on board -- red, green and blue seem to predominate. Interesting that the penthouses did not fit into this scheme at all, but seem to have been predominantly beige -- an interesting question might be why this was so...

Yes we are seeing some fantastic photos for this month's competition and I am sure there are more photos ready to be uploaded!  So please keep uploading the photos!  :)
www.qe2event.com

CUNARD announce new non smoking policy for 2014

Started by tdicksonBoard Cunard

Replies: 4
Views: 2434
Last post Aug 30, 2013, 08:53 PM
by cunardqueen
QE2 Story Gathering - May 31st 2014, Liverpool

Started by Rob LightbodyBoard Past Events

Replies: 244
Views: 65797
Last post Jun 21, 2014, 03:58 PM