Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Hazaar to The QE2 Story! Hip hip hooray!  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Chris Frame

Hazaar to The QE2 Story! Hip hip hooray!
« on: Jan 25, 2013, 03:26 PM »
I am truly amazed at the job Rob, Lynda and Isabelle put into this forum and keeping QE2's memory alive. You are each amazing people and in the debt of all QE2 fans and friends - particularly Rob, who has constantly put his neck out to get new and unknown information about the ship in her current life.

As a writer and researcher, you couldn't ask for a better organised, more factual and generally pleasant place to access and absorb QE2 information. Access to brilliant people (members) many early ones of whom feature in "The QE2 Story" book, has been a real thrill for us, and we've made great friends here, people we have sailed with, shared a coffee with or just email from time to time.

As a devoted QE2 fan, this is the ultimate QE2 refuge. A place where we can come together, talk, share and enjoy our great liner - the memories of the past, the fears of the present and the promise of the future.

So far as an online community goes, never felt more among friends than here and I would happily share a drink with the members of TQS!

I know many will share this sentiment. I just thought we should have a place to express it :)

Go team! Here's to another 4... No... 40 years of Keeping the Legend Alive!

Alan.C.

Re: Hazaar to The QE2 Story! Hip hip hooray!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2013, 05:27 PM »
Well done to everyone involved!

Offline pete cain

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2013, 07:47 PM »
You know what Chris, your'e absolutely right, wouldn't want to add to that sentiment, thankyou  all ,Rob, Lynda , Isabelle.

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2013, 09:41 PM »
Hear, hear.

It must take Lynda in particular an awful lot of extra time towards the end of each month setting up the photo competitions?
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"