Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth in High Seas  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Chris Frame

Queen Elizabeth in High Seas
« on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:45 AM »

Offline pete cain

Re: Queen Elizabeth in High Seas
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:00 PM »
Mmmmmm, no wonder they crack, was on vikki about 3yrs ago (last ever time with Cunard , by the way) & walking along her plastic prommenade deck, there were quite a few cracks around doors & windows  which had been identified & marked by the crew ( for monitoring?) wish I'd taken a few snaps,these poor things , are they meant for this punishment?. Hull is fag packet thin.

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:19 PM »
Given that the yacht club is a few decks above the bridge, this must have been even more interesting from the bridge  below!

On QE2 or QM2 I'd revel in this and say bring it on! On the two cruise Queens I'd be nervous.
Passionate about QE2's service life for 35 years and creator of this website.

Offline Twynkle

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2013, 12:28 AM »
This was Queen Elizabeth's maiden crossing, accompanied by Queen Victoria - it was a real struggle for QE to keep up with us. I have a lovely video clip taken from way up on board QV, with QE looking as if she was rising and falling many feet as she pitched and rolled with each one of the swells she encountered. (Cunard also published a lovely picture of QE sailing under the rainbow...credit was given!)
This was Captain Olsen's first crossing (QV), too - if I remember rightly.
Passengers were falling about the ship, the hospital was more like a fracture clinic than its usual quiet and empty self.
Waiters were staring wide-eyed, out of the windows - the Dining Room was empty - It was wonderful!
We changed course as we reached the Grand Banks - Capt. Olsen's comment in response to an eager-for-more passenger,  'Oh don't - we just had too, too much damage has already been done'.
It was a disturbed sea, more photos to follow, time permitting!
Rosie
QE2 had been waiting alongside in Dubai for nearly 12 years.  Please restore her Lifeboats and Tenders to where they truly belong - she looks naked without them - please spare her this ignominy.

Online Peter Mugridge

• Queens Grill Diner
  • At Mach 2 three days after being on QE2...
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2013, 12:37 AM »
Is anyone on this forum going to plead guilty to being the "eager for more" passenger?
"It is a capital mistake to allow any mechanical object to realise that you are in a hurry!"

Online Graham Taylor

Queen Elizabeth in High Seas
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2013, 01:11 AM »
Is anyone on this forum going to plead guilty to being the "eager for more" passenger?

As someone who loved those sea conditions; it was particularly fun sitting at the long tables in the Officers' Mess trying to eat one's lunch, then giving up and going to the windows to watch the waves flare up over the bow. The child in me used to enjoy seeing how far I could jump up the stairs on A on each pitch downward, when no one was watching.

I was definitely an "eager for more" type on QE2, but on Lizzy or Vicky I would be more cautious, especially with those almost non-existent fo'c'sle and bow.
Hotel Officer/Purser 1987-1993

FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/Graham.Malcolm.Taylor
TWITTER - www.twitter.com/GrahamTaylorUK

Offline andyh

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2013, 08:40 AM »
Its great to see those conditions, and from high up in the Commodore Club a fantastic view over the bow

Bring it on .................

Offline tdickson

« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2013, 11:01 AM »
Another great place, especially when the promenade deck is closed `Due to strong winds`is the glass elevator  I know its the wrong ship, I`m referring to QM2 of course, but you are able to "feel" the weather as you go up and down from Deck 7 up to 11 and back again, taking photos of course, great fun and you also have the run of the ship to yourself, everyone else is hideing 
As someone has already quoted "Bring it ON"