Author Topic: The Cunard Year Book  (Read 974 times)

Online cunardqueen

The Cunard Year Book
« on: Dec 13, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Cunard published it last year, are they doing the same again this year and giving away copies of The Cunard Year Book to the Diamond Members?
Enquiring minds and all that..
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Michael Gallagher

Re: The Cunard Year Book
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2012, 08:21 AM »
This years copy just arrived in the office Myles but I haven't a clue what they're doing with it. But f you want one....

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2012, 06:10 PM »

Hello "flagship".... do you know if the Cunard Year Book will be available in the book shop on Queen Elizabeth in the new year? I am sailing on her January 20 through the Panama Canal and would be interested in getting one.  thank you.

QE2 Canuck      Linda C

Offline tdickson

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2012, 07:21 PM »
I"m 12s nights short of Diamond, as we speak so if it is at all possible could I be so cheeky to ask if you it would be possible to obtain one on my behalf I would be ever so grateful (I managed to get one off E-bay earlier this year) a fabulous book for any Cunarder

Online Cunarder Man

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Hope they reach QV in January 2013.

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2012, 11:27 PM »
  This years copy just arrived in the office Myles but I haven't a clue what they're doing with it. But f you want one.... 

It would be comforting to think of the fact that as a Diamond Club member Cunard might in some small way appreciate such loyalty by their valued customers or guests or whatever it is we are called. With such valued loyalty they should perhaps continue as they started by mailing out the year book to such members.

Do they have a name for those members who have lasped membership?

I must admit the cover with the QM2 funnel does look smart, thats the kind of thing they need to get back to using on the brochures, real photos.  ;) 

Offline tdickson

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2012, 02:16 AM »

Do they have a name for those members who have lasped membership

Yes " Forgotten"

My parents came away with us earlier in the year, only October, on board QV but the fact that they had been on QM2 way back in her inaugural season of 2004 was forgotten as they couldn"t be found on the "Cunard" system as they have moved house since and their old postcode was not listed ?? They are now dutifully "Silver" members as they just returned back from the QM2, when they really should be "Gold" by now,so their so called "Loyalty" benefits are a cruise behind so to speak
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2012, 02:26 AM by tdickson »

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2012, 11:19 AM »
   My parents came away with us earlier in the year, only October, on board QV but the fact that they had been on QM2 way back in her inaugural season of 2004 was forgotten as they couldn"t be found on the "Cunard" system as they have moved house since and their old postcode was not listed ?? They are now dutifully "Silver" members as they just returned back from the QM2, when they really should be "Gold" by now,so their so called "Loyalty" benefits are a cruise behind so to speak   

Send some sort of proof ie a ticket, photo or something that proves they were onboard to the World club and they will update the membership details.

A number of years ago there was a mix up with my records, and it took forever to settle up, in the end l had to send away all my tickets for them to examine. In the meantime they sent me one of the  Cunarder magazine thingys with the one night sailing in 2001. I went to book it and they wouldnt allow me to book, as l wasnt a member and the brochure had been sent in error!  well l hit the roof and told them pop next door and see my tickets you have them in the building.

We never had that trouble in the days of dear Anne Bright..

When l did call them once and actually got through to the worldclub secretary, such was my shock l gave her my complete views on upgrades,loyalty, fare reductions she got the lot !!
But as often, sadly l found that shoreside and onboard QE2 were never really singing from the same sheet, and at times l doubt the same book, but as soon as you stepped on the gangway to board QE2 you knew onboard had it right. and that really was all that mattered ;)

Online cunardqueen

« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2016, 01:06 AM »
Dare we even ask whats the story this year , I would have thought with all the celebrations last year that everyone would have been shouting about this....

to quote from their blurb

With the highest guest repeat ratio in the industry, Cunard Line enjoys a level of brand loyalty like no other cruise line. In support of this, Cunard operates the World Club - a members-only programme designed with one aim: to thank their guests for choosing to see the world on board "The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World".

For what its worth, l always thought Hebridean Cruises had the highest repeat passengers.

http://www.remproductions.co.uk/cunarder_yearbook.php?mode=description   

The 3-day events of Cunard`s 175th Anniversary at Liverpool

Started by southfielddaneBoard QE2's Successors

Replies: 1
Views: 59
Last post Feb 22, 2021, 02:23 PM
by Rob Lightbody
Poll to Name QE2's 50 year celebration cocktail

Started by Lynda BradfordBoard Special Features

Replies: 18
Views: 1688
Last post Aug 15, 2017, 01:46 PM
by Isabelle Prondzynski