Adverts only show for non-members

Author Topic: Queen Victoria 21 Jan to 3 Feb 2013  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Cunarder Man

Queen Victoria 21 Jan to 3 Feb 2013
« on: Nov 29, 2012, 10:30 PM »
Any QE2 fans out there up for celebrating Burns Night on QV in traditional Scottish fashion? A few drams under the stars in warm Caribbean waters is one way to toast oor Rabbie!   ;)

Offline Cunarder Man

Re: Queen Victoria 21 Jan to 3 Feb 2013
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:01 PM »
We join Queen Victoria on 21 Jan and disembark San Francisco, any other QE2 Story members sailing?

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2012, 10:23 PM »
Sounds good John.!  :)

Queen Victoria is a beautiful ship and one where we have enjoyed many cruises.  When we were onboard in May the attention to detail and the service was superb. 

Best wishes for an enjoyable cruise and hopefully some other Forum members will meet up with you and Rosemary. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2012, 11:40 PM »

Hi All...... I'm travelling in January also, but not on Queen Victoria, I will be on Queen Elizabeth sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Jan.20 , 3 ports in the Caribbean, Panama Canal transit, 1 port in Costa Rica, 1 port in Mexico and disembarking (relunctantly) in Los Angeles, on Feb 4.  First time meeting the new QE. Anybody on this one?

QE2 Canuck     Linda C

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:16 AM »
Hi QE2 Canuck, hopefully we will be waving you off on 20 Jan, we will be at Hyatt Pier 66 and could be on the beach with flags seeing you off. :)

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2012, 06:11 PM »

Hi Cunarder Man......barring leaving after dark or terribly bad weather, my son and I will be up top on port side, with a rather large Canadian flag draped over the side,(balcony stateroom is on starboard side) so I'll be waving at everybody on shore.  I really enjoy the portfever web cameras, the ships get quite the send off most days, horns, bells and cheers. I think the camera on top of the Hyatt Pier 66 covers a lot of territory and I love it when they zoom the cameras in, looking for flags, and signs.  Looking forward to my first trip on the new QE.

QE2 Canuck   Linda C

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:42 PM »
Hi Linda, if you happen to see the Lion Rampant or the Soltire that'll be us! Cheers from Scotland.
John.

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:53 PM »

John... I'll be watching, for sure.  Thank you for your "cheers" from Scotland (one of my favourite places to visit) and the same to you from Ontario, Canada.

QE2 Canuck     Linda C

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:12 AM »
Hi Cunarder Man......barring leaving after dark or terribly bad weather, my son and I will be up top on port side, with a rather large Canadian flag draped over the side,(balcony stateroom is on starboard side) so I'll be waving at everybody on shore.  I really enjoy the portfever web cameras, the ships get quite the send off most days, horns, bells and cheers. I think the camera on top of the Hyatt Pier 66 covers a lot of territory and I love it when they zoom the cameras in, looking for flags, and signs.  Looking forward to my first trip on the new QE.
QE2 Canuck   Linda C

I will be thinking about Linda C and John and Rosemary next week and hope they enjoy the sail away it certainly sounds like it will be a colourful event with flags flying.  I love sail away parties and thoroughly enjoy waving my flags. 
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:08 PM »

Hi Lynda... Looking forward to our sailaway on Sunday Jan 20 from Fort Lauderdale.   Only drawback....there are 6 other ships in port with QE (3 are scheduled to depart at 4pm, 3 at 5pm and 1 at 6pm... and guess who that one is....All I can hope is that we leave earlier than scheduled, or it will be a very sunny day and it won't get dark until after we have sailed.   Any way, my son and I are still hopefully going to be up on top deck, standing by the funnel and under her name, with the Canadian flag and a flashlight!! and hopefully will be able to see John's flag down on the beach.

QE2 Canuck     Linda C

Offline QE2 Canuck

« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2013, 08:26 PM »

A short note .... for Cunarder Man......just returned a couple of weeks ago from my wonderful transit through the Panama Canal on QE.......and both my son and I think we spotted the Rampant Lion (yellow) flag down on the beach on our sailaway from Fort Lauderdale on the evening of the 20th Jan. , We waved at you. In spite of the darkness, the port fever camera did zoom in on us and saved us the picture with our Canadian flag up on deck 10 under the lighted name.    Hope your Panama canal transit was as wonderful as ours.

QE2 Canuck      Linda C 

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2013, 07:06 AM »
Linda,
Thank you for this post. My wife and I were on the rocks when Queen Elizabeth departed Fort Lauderdale and we were waving the Lion Rampant flag. We arrived about 1715 and watched most of the ships depart, but QE was last and unfortunately completely dark so we saw nobody on board. By that time there was only a few folks watching her departure. However, we did hear cheers and we waved Bon Voyage! I will post a few pictures in due course. Our cruise on Queen Victoria was great, especially the Panama Canal where the flag was flown once again. Many thanks again.
John.

Offline Cunarder Man

« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2013, 08:59 PM »
The Flag on 20 Jan 2013, unfortunately too dark for pictures when QE departed but I do have video.
Cheers