Author Topic: QE2 "Q2" Golf Clubs - Sales and valuation advice  (Read 11634 times)

Online cunardqueen

Re: QE2 "Q2" Golf Clubs - Sales and valuation advice
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 08:11 PM »
An expensive set at the buy it now price, wonder how much they would really accept for it ?
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 12:04 PM by Alan Snelson »
From the moment you first glimpsed the Queen,
 you just knew you were in for a very special time ahead.!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Oh my, there's another set now! - starting bid £300!!

Note:  link no longer active

Moderator's edit : The seller was looking for GBP 300, and received no bids. The item was not sold.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2022, 09:37 AM by Lynda Bradford »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Admin have been contacted in relation to the sale a set of
QE2 clubs made from the QE2 propeller. The set in its original wooden case is as follows:

3 woods
9 irons
1 putter

They were bought in December 1989.  They are boxed, unused and have the original QE2 portfolio with the history etc.

The seller also has a set of Royal Yacht Britannia clubs that comprise of 9 irons and 1 putter.   This set was bought around the same time as the QE2 golf clubs. 

Should you wish more details about either of these items you can contact the seller at her email address. 

susan.684@btinternet.com
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 11:48 AM by Alan Snelson »
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Offline Jimmy Walker

« Reply #33 on: Apr 22, 2016, 10:56 AM »
Still got full set of clubs and still crated and wrapped. Photographs available on request. Owner in Rutherglen and bought through Crail golf professional in 1986. Inspection no problem to verify authenticity. £3300.00 for full set.
Jimmy

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #34 on: Apr 22, 2016, 11:33 PM »
Still got full set of clubs and still crated and wrapped. Photographs available on request. Owner in Rutherglen and bought through Crail golf professional in 1986. Inspection no problem to verify authenticity. £3300.00 for full set.
Jimmy

It would be a great idea to attach some photographs, so that members and guests can see the set, if possible.

You might also like to read the postings above, which seem to indicate that GBP 500 would be a more realistic price.

Offline Head Badger

« Reply #35 on: Apr 30, 2016, 12:12 PM »
I also have a boxed set of Q2 clubs which I purchased through the professional at Gleneagles, they cost £1000.00 so would NOT be selling them for £500.00 and yes, they are in pristine condition !
I also bought the Swilken Q2 putter Royale a few years later, I found it on sale at the swilken factory closure sale (serial No. 2947 which is my day of birth and the year I was born so I just had to have it!)
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 11:47 AM by Alan Snelson »
Some of the best years of my life !!

Online Rob Lightbody

• Administrator
  • Queens Grill Diner
  • Helping to Keep The Legend Alive
    • Rob Lightbody dot com
« Reply #36 on: Aug 21, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Hi,

We have received a message from a lady who has a full set for sale, in their original crate, completely unused.

If you would like to contact her, please email admin@theqe2story.com and we'll pass it on.

I would love to be able to help her get a rough valuation of them - e.g. "don't accept less than..." - but I don't know what anyone has actually sold them for.

What I don't get from reading through all the messages - these are collectible items - they were never really meant for playing with (were they?) - so why does the fact that a modern player wouldn't use them affect their value?

- Rob
« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2016, 11:47 AM by Alan Snelson »
Passionate about QE2's service life for 40 years and creator of this website.  I have worked in IT for 28 years and created my personal QE2 website in 1994.

Offline Eve Shields

« Reply #37 on: Mar 06, 2017, 05:28 PM »
Hi there, I recently joined this forum, as a few years ago, my dad got left a set of golf clubs, that were made from the QE2 propellers. He has since passed them to me and I'm certainly no keen golfer!  His friend must have used them a few times, however they are still in good condition, and I'm unsure as what to do with them for the best as I'm moving in the next few months!
Can anyone suggest the best place to maybe sell them please? They are no longer in their original box, but they're all there as far as I'm aware! Haha
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks

Offline Isabelle Prondzynski

« Reply #38 on: Mar 06, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Hello Eve, you are very welcome here!

Having followed this topic for some time, my feeling is that it is very unlikely that you will achieve a high price for these golf clubs. Not only does it seem that there are more of them around than there is demand for them, but also they are not really very good as golf clubs, and as memorabilia they would probably need to be brand new and unused and in their case.

However... I know from experience what it is like to try and reduce your household size! Would it be an idea to donate them to your local golf club in return for a little plaque in memory of QE2 and your father?

Offline Rosemary Bald

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Cast from the original bronze propellers, right?
I have a full set of QE2 Swilken Golf Clubs.  Never been used, in fact never been out of original crate.  All in perfect condition.  All original documentation.
I want to sell them, any reasonable offer accepted.  Can be collected or I can ship.  They are in Fife.

Online Lynda Bradford

« Reply #40 on: Feb 22, 2022, 09:01 AM »
We have received an email from Sue who is looking to sell a set of QE2 golf clubs, with all the  documentation and in pristine condition.

Does anyone have information  what the QE2 Golf Clubs have recently been selling for on eBay or auctions?

Also if you would be interested in purchasing this set can you send an email to admin@theqe2story.com

I have a full set of these golf clubs they’ve never been out of the crate I have all the certificates and paper work all in pristine condition
I’m looking to sell them and hoping you can advise me what I should be looking to sell for .
I was proud to be involved with planning QE2's 50 year conference in September 2017 in Clydebank
www.qe2event.com

Greenock Golf Club

Started by No 736Board Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 3
Views: 1905
Last post Nov 27, 2012, 10:53 PM
by Peter Mugridge
QE2 "Q2" Golf Clubs made from her propellors

Started by WaverleyBoard Miscellaneous QE2

Replies: 46
Views: 50989
Last post Jun 11, 2024, 10:15 AM